Handguns or long guns...which one are you?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I like pistols, they are fun, but in a fight.............I want a rifle. End of story. The FBI shootout in Florida is the best real world example of why.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If I can't hit it with my pistol, I'm using explosives on it. Unless it's a really long ways away then I might have to go borrow someone's .338.

anakha

ljp#6749
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 7, 2010
    monroe
    I carry a handgun everywhere I go but a handgun is just a means to get you back to the rifle you never should have left in the first place

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    If only one, and there were problems out, a tactical shotgun.

Out West, a good rifle like a Springfield SoCom or a .308 BushMaster.

Still, I have way more handguns than long guns.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I shoot handguns a lot more often, but would definitely select a rifle if I could only have "one gun" for all of eternity.

Honestly, I'd like to shoot rifle a lot more often but ammo is way too expensive and I don't have the patience/time to reload rifle.

Oddly, the shotgun is the firearm I shoot best "naturally". I just don't have anyone to shoot clays with. :wtc:

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Handgun. Excellent for CQB and I can still reach out and touch something a couple of hundred yards away.

Dude... Really?

You must be an amazing shot... I'll just leave it at that.

For me, I'd keep a rifle. I just enjoy shooting it better.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"No one is more hopelessly enslaved, than the person who falsely believes he is free."
    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I own guns for fun and for no other reason. Having said that I find long guns more fun to shoot in most situations. Unfortunately it takes me 45 minutes to get to a place I can shoot one, so usually when I shoot it's a pistol. Have 11 of them give or take.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Dude... Really?

You must be an amazing shot... I'll just leave it at that.

For me, I'd keep a rifle. I just enjoy shooting it better.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
    -- Thomas Jefferson

"No one is more hopelessly enslaved, than the person who falsely believes he is free."
    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'm not really an amazing shot. I can hit a human sized target at 500' (kind of maximum possible range) with about 1 out of every 15 shots. As long as it's not moving. I am fairly accurate at 150+ feet.

My preference for distance stems from the fact that I carry my pistol so high that shooting close targets tends to burn the floor on some indoor ranges. So I play from a long ways away. (I pissed off the rangemaster at Bass Pro while I was qualifying for my CCW, too)

Last edited:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I shoot more handgun than long gun because of ammo cost,geography and convenience. I live in the city so the closest place for me to shoot a rifle is 40 minutes away...hence,I shoot more handgun. However,I enjoy long gunning more. Wether it be rifle or shotgun,I do prefer it and in SHTF situations,especially when you have to retreat to the wilderness because of some threat to your way of living in an urban environment,a rifle or shotgun is more practical. Serves two purposes...protection and survival.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I've shot more long guns in my life, but I've always preferred pistols. If there was some crazy law that said each person could only own a single firearm, that one firearm would be a DEagle .50AE. If I was in a SHTF situation and was only allowed one gun, it would be a Mossy 590. So, it depends on the situation, but my all time favorite gun, period, is the DEagle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom