hangun rentals

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    Are there any ranges/gun shops between Hammond, Baton Rouge, Slidell that rents handguns. Someone I know is looking to purchase his first handgun but would like to fire various calibers and weapons before purchasing.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think that was necessary, even though you're entitled to your opinion and everything.

Precision is an excellent range that offers a variety of handguns to rent and shoot in their range.The staff has always been polite and informative to me.

You have to understand that a lot of their employees come from a military and/or law enforcement background so they're very straight with you. If they don't feel comfortable with something you might be doing, they'll say something. Otherwise they're very much willing to go over every little thing with you.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I don't think that was necessary, even though you're entitled to your opinion and everything.

Precision is an excellent range that offers a variety of handguns to rent and shoot in their range.The staff has always been polite and informative to me.

You have to understand that a lot of their employees come from a military and/or law enforcement background so they're very straight with you. If they don't feel comfortable with something you might be doing, they'll say something. Otherwise they're very much willing to go over every little thing with you.

I've stopped by that place twice and I find they are RUDE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    +1 for the positive side of precision...very thorough folks and nice facility...I've bought one or two firearms from them...they will make you run their ammo ($) through their rentals though...it's understandable...

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

:draw::dogkeke:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I've never had a bad experience at Precision. Haven't really had any at other places either, come to think of it.

But what else would you expect from Mr. Nice Guy?
    thumbs-up-smiley.png

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I don't know much about their knowledge, mostly because they've never offered it. They almost all seem pretty unhappy to be at work and have to talk to people. Getting the rental gun out of the case looks to be a major chore for some. Once when I did ask a question about a gun I was looking it, the guy just looked over at another worker and snickered, never answering me. I won't be going back there. If your experience differs, great. I must just not be the type of person they like to cater to.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I don't know much about their knowledge, mostly because they've never offered it. They almost all seem pretty unhappy to be at work and have to talk to people. Getting the rental gun out of the case looks to be a major chore for some. Once when I did ask a question about a gun I was looking it, the guy just looked over at another worker and snickered, never answering me. I won't be going back there. If your experience differs, great. I must just not be the type of person they like to cater to.

Well being a good looking girls has its advantages right?

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

Typical mall ninjas dude.. They think if they know a little bit about rifles and pistols they are expert.. Not all but most gun store clerks are buffoons.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Typical mall ninjas dude.. They think if they know a little bit about rifles and pistols they are expert.. Not all but most gun store clerks are buffoons.

I will sadly have to agree. Aside from the smaller scale guys, most LGS guys are pricks and are normally seemingly bothered by customers presence in stores. It may be that they have to deal with the general public asking dumb questions, but I have quit going to larger operations such as this due to being treated as such. I highly recommend most of the smaller scale guys such as Meplat, gmshooter, Annieoakleaf and such for my purchases. They appreciate your business.

Last edited:

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Were you asking about a Hi Point? :)

J-frame. I was looking to make an impulse purchase, but instead handed him the gun back and left.

I understand customers can get annoying, I worked three years in grocery, 3 in restaurants, and did 75% of nursing school including clinicals, but is showing a little professionalism that difficult? I've never even been while it was busy or late.

Anyways, if they don't want my money, I don't have a problem not giving it to them.

Top Bottom