Have you carried both M&P and a Glock?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I trying to decide between an M&P 40 and a Glock 23 for CC. Does anyone here have experience carrying both?

I've researched both, shot both. I love both. But I haven't been able to carry either yet, and I haven't been able to get both in my hands with an appropriate holster(s) at the same time. I am truly stumped here.

So, leaving out all the usual "X is better than Y and always will be",
    if you had to choose one strictly by how it feels on you, ability to conceal, etc. which one would you pick?

I would love to buy both, but baby needs shoes:p

edit: And I just realized I should have posted this in the CC forum.. oh well.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Having owned several of both I would suggest you purchase the one that you feel best suits You. There is going to be little difference in them as far as concealment goes. Does one feel better in your hand, do you shoot one better than the other?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I have a M&P 40 and a Glock 22. To be honest, IMHO, it's a wash. Both have their good points and are completely reliable.
    If forced to choose, I'd give Glock the edge, based only on it being a little more street proven due to the older design.
    Either way you won't go wrong. Besides, when the new Glockscome out this year, they'll be damn near the same.....

ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Having owned several of both I would suggest you purchase the one that you feel best suits You. There is going to be little difference in them as far as concealment goes. Does one feel better in your hand, do you shoot one better than the other?

I shoot both equally well. Both fit my hand and "feels right". I'm concerned mostly about concealment to sway my decision.

ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I have a M&P 40 and a Glock 22. To be honest, IMHO, it's a wash. Both have their good points and are completely reliable.
    If forced to choose, I'd give Glock the edge, based only on it being a little more street proven due to the older design.
    Either way you won't go wrong. Besides, when the new Glockscome out this year, they'll be damn near the same.....

Well, you're no help:rofl::p

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I have had multiple Glocks and an M&P45c. I've sold all my Glocks and carry my M&P daily. It fits my hands better, and it (for me) carries easier.

Last edited:

ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    From the standpoint of a girl, I personally own an M&P. For me to conceal that on my person, it's much easier, since I have a small build. It also fits very comfortably in my Coach purse that I bought specifically for the gun. I go running CC, simply because of the neighborhoods and it's harder for people to spot it when I'm running due to the gun's compact size.

I didn't mind the Glock, but for it's boxy build, sure, it's durable and you can drop the damn thing, but it makes a print like no one's business if I carried it. If you're a big enough person where you can comfortably carry without printing, then that can factor into your decision.

PS the M&P has smoother lines that make it more sleek and comfortable. Plus, I love the extended magazines and the interchangeable handle grips :-)

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    I carried the Glock 22/23 for most of my LEO career, then competed with Glock17"s, until recently I had to change to the M&P due to arthritis in my shooting thumb, I loved the Glocks, but really like the ergonomics of the M&P, it is slimmer with the rounder edges and slimmer grip, nothing bad to say about the Glocks, just a better fit with the M&P's, no problems after thousands of rounds

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I've owned both. The M&P feels ergonomically better but the Glock,with it's smooth,no frills lines conceals better IMO. I got rid of the M&P strictly because I trust the Glock and parts and accesories for it are way cheaper than M&P or XD for that matter. Glocks are dependable,tough and accurate...and they hide better.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Seabeevet has my M&P45c, I carried it daily for a couple months. When comparing to the glock the rounded slide on the M&P seems to make concealing a bit easier. However, guess what I carry now?

(glock)

Reel Job

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    New Orleans
    I too have had both and now carry the M&P. The largest backstrap just seems to fit my hand perfectly and makes mine the most comfortable pistol that i have ever shot.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Seabeevet has my M&P45c, I carried it daily for a couple months. When comparing to the glock the rounded slide on the M&P seems to make concealing a bit easier. However, guess what I carry now?

(glock)

My old Glock! :rofl: LOL Glad it's working out for you.

ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Ok. I've decided. I got the Glock 23.

My reasoning? I just found out my tax return will be bigger than I thought, so in March I'll just buy the M&P too:D.

Then I can swap them out for carry as I please, and the wife can have my 9mm for pokin' holes in stuff.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I have had both. I am more fond of the Glock but I can say the only thing I didnt like about the M&P was the trigger. I would still have it but my dad wanted it more than I did.

Top Bottom