HB 11 Eliminates CCP Renewel Training: UPDATE

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    ********! LSP makes millions in excess funds off of CHp and they use it to buy speed lasers, tint meters, and overtime to do seatbelt checkpoints.

You left out their "Men Troopers Who Stare At Goats" program....;)

(fixed)

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Probably just the Central Police chopper. :D

Those are paid for bythe federal funds collected through the federally funded seatbelt checkpoints.

Arguably the money could bet better spent on mopeds and segways for parade use. I drafted a grant for personal jet packs which is waiting approva, but it is second inline behind the horse drawn chariot and the rascal with LED lights.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Just where, Oh where, does the LSP get off trying to influence proposed legislation that would limit their powers to interfere with legal activities of non-criminal citizens ?

I see a much bigger problem here. Aren't they, the LSP, supposed to be "public servants" ?

leVieux

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just where, Oh where, does the LSP get off trying to influence proposed legislation that would limit their powers to interfere with legal activities of non-criminal citizens ?

I see a much bigger problem here. Aren't they, the LSP, supposed to be "public servants" ?

leVieux

It is very common for the Legislature to take comment/testimony from the various agencies with respect to any legislation that may ultimately involve them. What is wrong is when they stack the testimony for or against a measure for political reasons.

One would only have to have been a victim of that scenario in a committee meeting to see just how really disgusting it was; oops I mean, is!;)

Last edited:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    It is very common for the Legislature to take comment/testimony from the various agencies with respect to any legislation that may ultimately involve them. What is wrong is when they stack the testimony for or against a measure for political reasons.

Nothing at all. They are citizens first.

LSP was on the side of CHP holders when the 1000' School Zone was brought before the legislature. I've not forgotten that.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    He keeps a gun in his car, he believes it is an extension of his home; and he has guns at home.

I guess he was thinking fees for renewal in general. :dunno: That's what he said.

He's also believes there shouldn't be a permit. "A constituitional right is not like a prvilidge to drive!"

Sounded like he's a hard core "no-restrictions" guy.:cool:

Can you ask him to re-word the official document to state "your vehicle is an extension of your home" so we can end that debate?

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    As for how much money is made:

For last reporting year, January 1, 2009 to December 31, 2009, the Department issued 9,210 original concealed handgun permits and renewed 3,554 permits.
    That's 1.6 million in applicant and renewal fees. It doesn't seem like that much once you factor in the cost of ruining the unit. Admittedly, I have no frame of reference what constituents a "good" money-maker in state government.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have an idea! Since this has been debated over and over again, and the issue is on the legislative table so to speak; how about your up or down vote/poll on this issue from each of your perspectives?

No explanations, no reason, no qualifying your answer, just FOR or AGAINST.

Mine: For!

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    LSP was on the side of CHP holders when the 1000' School Zone was brought before the legislature. I've not forgotten that.

So was the District Attorney Association and the Sheriff's Association. If those guys are against you, you will have a hard time passing a bill. The Sheriff's Association is why Carmody's night hunting for hogs bill became limited to .22 rimfires and shotguns.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom