Heads up! FN FAL Complete Kits - Limited Supply $325.00 at entreprise.com

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    The ideal receiver would be an Imbel type 3 mentioned in the link above to the falfiles. Next , and probably the least expensive would be a Coonan type 3. Any type 1 2 or 3 would fit, but the Type 3 is the correct profile.

- METRIC -

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Any one receiving their kits yet? Or shipping notifications? Anything? I ordered back on the 4th and have heard nothing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    This information is not about Enterprise or shipping but at a minimun educatonal. http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3772185#post3772185
    Copied from the thread. Sounds logical.
    They did hit the wholesale market 2006-2007 and most were bought up in lots of 100 or more. There are folks/businesses that are hanging onto them for highest price. I bought a few lots and they were 200 bucks each wholesale for 100! A little less if you got more.

The kits were originally bought from the Chilean government under contract in 99 or 2000 for $25 each FWIU. They were shipped to Seattle where they were cutting the receivers. The ATF changed the rules to torch cut only after the kits were imported. The ATF claimed that the kits were illegal because they were cut with a bandsaw. This was just after the ATF showed they could put a receiver together with nylon straps and shoot it....once. The importer won in court in 06-07 and contacted a lot of people in the biz to sell them. Like me. He wanted like $275 a kit at first. But everybody balked. After a month or so I called him back and got a deal for $200 a pop. Which made them profitable.

The Chilean government got screwed and were never paid. The shipper was never paid either. Mainly because of the losses the importer took from the ATF taking the kits. The Chileans cut off any more exporting of these rifles because they got screwed so bad on that deal. There's a shitload more in Chile. But because of Bush Jr in 2006 they can't be imported any more unless the barrel is also cut. Which brings down the value of each as a kit considerably. So we won't be seeing more anytime soon. That's for sure.

Last edited:

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Heck. Just get one now, sit on it and consider it a type of foreplay. You can touch it, break it down, slap it and pretend anytime you wish. :D

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Ha. I already have those kind of relations... Plus they upped the price for all the positive reception. Arfcom crashed their site when someone posted. The gun market demand has just gotten so high for those kind of firearms. Same as AK kits drying up. My nice polish gun was $250. 2 years prior it was only $80.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Got my shipping notice today, YIPPEE!!! Placed my order on 12/23, already had an Imbel receiver that I had ordered last year.
    Go ahead and rub salt in my wound. When you get it let us know the condition of the kit as the negative ramblings in the FNFAL files is pretty heavy.

Twistgrip

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Ponchatoula,LA
    Received my kit today, ordered $325 kit no extras on 12/23/13. Box had torn open, my mail carrier put a piece of tape on it to keep parts from falling out. Good news is it didn't lose any parts on the way and kit appears to be OK. Pitted FH and spots of surface rust on barrel. No finish left from handgaurd forward, overall pleased to this point. I will clean it up and see how the barrel looks when clean.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      226 KB · Views: 207
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      221.7 KB · Views: 200

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Received my kit today, ordered $325 kit no extras on 12/23/13. Box had torn open, my mail carrier put a piece of tape on it to keep parts from falling out. Good news is it didn't lose any parts on the way and kit appears to be OK. Pitted FH and spots of surface rust on barrel. No finish left from handgaurd forward, overall pleased to this point. I will clean it up and see how the barrel looks when clean.

You appear to be missing the locking shoulder. Usually a different size than the one supplied is required, but having the original is a plus sometimes it can be traded for the needed size.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Your killing me. My kit arrived Friday but I've been at Disney .World. And MyTFAL,a friend has picked it up so don't bother checking my front porch!
    The next wait will be on the PARS receiver group buy that Black Elk has put together. Hurry and wait. Sort of like Disney World.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    And My state of confusion continues. This post was copied from the FN FAL files. The post was by Black Elk. I guess there are different interpretations of the law.

what 922r parts do you have on hand?
    what coatings are you geared up to apply?

there is no "need" of 922r parts if you build it as a consumer, nor is there any need if we build it on "your" kit. the only time there is any requirement for 'compliance' is when someone "engaged in the business" builds firearms to sell to the public from kits in inventory, etc.

I know there are people who still misrepresent, unknowingly or otherwise, the use of 922r parts.

That being said; yes if you need some we can offer them, or point you toward a great vendor who knows their stuff -Ernst Armory- here on the files. There are several nice after market option to dress up your MBR..

ok sorry for the spam but I believe that catches me up on everything except taking your calls.

RRB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Lafayette
    there is no "need" of 922r parts if you build it as a consumer, nor is there any need if we build it on "your" kit. the only time there is any requirement for 'compliance' is when someone "engaged in the business" builds firearms to sell to the public from kits in inventory, etc.

FWIW, the person that posted that on the FAL Files was in error: if you build a FAL, you need the correct number of 922(r) parts even if you are the end user.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Kid of what I thought. He sounded so authoritative and seems to in the know. Maybe it's his take on it. When I read the list on Tapcos site there is some wording there that seems pretty specific. The words "any person" to assemble from imported parts seems to be clear.
    18 U.S.C. § 922(r)

It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes except that this subsection shall not apply to -

(1) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or

(2) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Attorney General.

27 CFR 478.39 - ASSEMBLY OF NON-SPORTING SHOTGUNS AND SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLES FROM IMPORTED PARTS

(a) No person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph (c) of this section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.

(b) The provisions of this section shall not apply to:

(1) The assembly of such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or

(2) The assembly of such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Director under the provisions of Sec. 178.151; or

(3) The repair of any rifle or shotgun which had been imported into or assembled in the United States prior to November 30, 1990, or the replacement of any part of such firearm.

RRB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Lafayette
    ....When I read the list on Tapcos site there is some wording there that seems pretty specific. The words "any person" to assemble from imported parts seems to be clear.
    18 U.S.C. § 922(r)
    You are correct, sir.

I don't know how/why some of the posters come up with the idea that end-users don't need to be concerned with 922(r) compliance, but they do so from time to time. Perhaps their erroneous conclusions are based on wishful thinking. But any of our contemporary FAL builds require the inclusion of some U.S. made parts, by law. I don't like it, but I do comply. The point has been made by a number of people over the years that there seems to be no available history of anyone ever being charged with felony non-compliance over 922(r). Though that may be true, I wouldn't want to be the first test case in that regard!

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Now back to the original subject.......
    My kit came in Thursday in a torn and taped up box. There was a sticker from USPS declaring it was partially open. Looks like everything was in the box.
    I am very happy with the kit. No pitting. Lots of expected finish wear but very little use. More finish left than the one Twistgrip received. I did opt for the matching bolt/carrier and they have very light wear marks. The barrel is NBC but I knew that was a gamble. Have not cleaned the barrel or looked at the landings yet. Cleaning it up tomorrow hopefully. Thanks Twistgrip for the heads up with these kits. Are you considering the receiver from Enterprise with the coupon included with your kit?

Top Bottom