Hello from Baton Rouge (really Central)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atonguis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Central, LA
    Live in Central, but the whole Central trying to break away from baton rouge and become its own city thing is up in the air :rolleyes:

I own and run a Computer/Network Consulting firm for the last 15 years.

Way back when I was 15, I shot competition in Metallic silhouette shooting, the matches I attendeds were in Lafayette and Natchez. I Shot a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44mag with 10.5 inch barrel and was pretty good at it. Then things just kinda faded away and did not hear about it. I would like to start shooting some kind of competition with my 9mm and 45acp but not sure what is out there. I love to reload and have been doing that since I was 15. I don't hunt or fish, but love shooting my pistols and my one rifle (Browning Bar II .270)

Hoping to meet people in my area and share ideas and learn!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Welcome to BS from just up the road in Pride.

Hate to tell you but Central has been a "city" for a few years. :D

atonguis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Central, LA
    Welcome to BS from just up the road in Pride.

Hate to tell you but Central has been a "city" for a few years. :D

Well sorta they are. It's still being appealed by B.R. in supreme court, I know if I mail a letter to myself with the address of Central, La or City of Central, LA it takes like 3-4 weeks to get here if at all, if I put BR, la I get it next day. Also sales tax has to be paid to BR and Central wants me to pay them as well, when I ask for proof from central that I need to pay them instead of BR, they cant provide any??? So unoffically yes it is its own city buttt???

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Well sorta they are. It's still being appealed by B.R. in supreme court, I know if I mail a letter to myself with the address of Central, La or City of Central, LA it takes like 3-4 weeks to get here if at all, if I put BR, la I get it next day. Also sales tax has to be paid to BR and Central wants me to pay them as well, when I ask for proof from central that I need to pay them instead of BR, they cant provide any??? So unoffically yes it is its own city buttt???

I know what you mean. The big land grab. One of our Fire Stations (Pride) is now in the City of Central, Chaneyville Fire Dept in now in part of Central. No City of Central Post Office, we've always had a Post Office in Pride and Greenwell Springs has one.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Sam you're a City guy. :D

I had to detour by your place Sunday because of Greenwell Springs closed

Haha yep. The young locals are PO'd because this has put a serious strain on their drag racing.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Central is a city and it is not up in the air . Ain't no " sorta " to it . I also think you're a little confused on the sales tax issue as well . http://www.centralgov.com/

touchy.jpg

Top Bottom