Hello from Baton Rouge (really Central)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atonguis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Central, LA
    I know what you mean. The big land grab. One of our Fire Stations (Pride) is now in the City of Central, Chaneyville Fire Dept in now in part of Central. No City of Central Post Office, we've always had a Post Office in Pride and Greenwell Springs has one.

Yep, hey I went to the Pride station once and worked on your computer.

atonguis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Central, LA
    touchy.jpg

LOL

atonguis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Central, LA
    Central is a city and it is not up in the air . Ain't no " sorta " to it . I also think you're a little confused on the sales tax issue as well . http://www.centralgov.com/

No, please don't misconstrue, I am proud to live here and have Central be its own city! But there are some serious issues going on between us (Central) and BR. I have had my business here in Central for the last 7 years (give or take a few, getting old hard to remember) Before when it was in BR, I had to pay my sales tax to BR, when Central became a city I started paying it to central, then I got a summons from BR stating that I have not paid my sales tax and I would be audited (I thought oh gawd, here we go) but I have nothing to hide so I told them to bring it. Well they did and afterwords they stated I owed them 7k in back taxes. I told them nope I dont, because since Central is a city now I owe it to Central and it has been paid! Then they give me that blank stare, make a few phone calls and present me with some document (wish I had made a copy) that states that even tho central may be calling itself a city, they have not filed the proper forms etc... and they do not recgonize the title of city officially and I owe the taxes. Well, I informed them that I really dont give a chit what they think, the supreme court stamped their approval on Central becoming a city and now they are. (I also know the Mayor and have worked with him) Next I told them (BR) that since the sales tax was paid and here is my proof that I paid it, what you are performing here is Extortion and double dipping. I held up the recorder device and told them that all of this was recorded. Pointed to the notice in big plain print on the wall that any and all conversations can be recorded at my discretion. (we sometimes record support calls for verification that said support was performed, some lawyers don't like to pay their bills and argue that we did not do a support call, this negates their arguments) Well they left after that and now they just mail us letters. I am still not going to pay BR, I dont have too!

Top Bottom