Hello Minority Report/ATF Busted

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I was reading that & going to post it but you beat me to it. I thought that Nics was not able to track anyone once they were approved for sale. And the fbi was doing this under Trump. Just how deep is the Swamp?

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    “If the trump admin had monitored illegal aliens who might vote...”

I’m sure they mean, WATCHING PEOPLE WHO ARE ALREADY CRIMINALS. That’s exactly what DOJ is supposed to do. Just because they haven’t been arrested doesn’t mean they’re not criminals. If someone breaks into my house (the micro equivalent of illegal immigration), you’re darn skippy imma keep a real close eye on them.

Wonder when we’re gonna find out GM and Ford are tracking people who buy Corvettes and Mustangs because at some point they might speed... duh... (GM actually did this in the 70s - exceeding 75mph would trip the check engine light; dealers would reset the light, charge a half hour diagnostic labor, and log the event. 3 events and they’d void your warranty. My stepdad was a Cadillac master tech at the time.)

Several government organizations (not in this state, of which I’m aware) have been repeatedly the target of PAC suits for reportedly maintaining lists of 4473s that they’re not allowed to have. Sadly, we’re still barking up a bald tree here. It’s not like criminals go to a licensed retailer, fill out paperwork, provide photo ID, pay sales tax, sign up for CCW classes, go thru 4 holsters before finding one they like, get properly licensed, totally change their setup 2-3 more times over several range trips, and THEN go knock off a Dollar General...

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    The "sheeple" will be along shortly to chastise you and tell you to put away your tin foil hats.

I'm surprised they've taken this long, it's past noon already!

"...people the ATF or FBI believe are at risk of committing a crime in the future." This is so simple -the algorithms are doing the "believing" for us. The ATF or FBI hasn't suddenly hired on soothsayers and spies, they're simply taking advantage of the same technology that everyone else is using. Why would they adhere to some ancient (sacred) document like the Constitution, no one else is. Law enforcement, tax collection, healthcare, agriculture, stock market, petroleum exploration, A'zon, FkBook, etc are all employing the power of software like c3.ai to make predicitons about________________. The accuracy of algorithm derived modeling (think spaceflight, self piloting autos, shipping, etc) is so incredibly accurate that they'll soon replace human decision. "The computer" will absolutely be locking your sweet ass up if it calculates the probability of your committing or conspiring to engage in criminal activity. We've been using computer simulations for years, and people are surprised and offended now. It's here. That said, this keyboard is definitely NOT a friend to me. At some point I'll ignore the tempations.

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    Can you buy a gun if you been arrested, but not found guilty? I would like to know the criteria for this.
    Is it, They have 10 dropped domestic violence charges, and after the 10th one, they got a gun? Or is this, we just picked 1000 random people.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Can you buy a gun if you been arrested, but not found guilty? I would like to know the criteria for this.
    Is it, They have 10 dropped domestic violence charges, and after the 10th one, they got a gun? Or is this, we just picked 1000 random people.
    No you can not and if it's domestic violance charge , false or not , you can not be in possession of a gun or any other weapon . That is until you are found innocent and hopefully the judge fills in the paperwork and signs it saying you can .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    No you can not and if it's domestic violance charge , false or not , you can not be in possession of a gun or any other weapon . That is until you are found innocent and hopefully the judge fills in the paperwork and signs it saying you can .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk
    Good to know, I knew if convicted you couldn't. Didn't know if being charged would stop it.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Good to know, I knew if convicted you couldn't. Didn't know if being charged would stop it.
    Not sure how true this is but I’ve heard buying multiple firearms in a week or duplicates of the same firearms can get you out on a list. I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if it’s true but have only heard this from word of mouth.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I never did understand that and they wonder why the item just sits in the classified being bumped week after week with no buyers.
    I’m sure everyone who goes do will tell you it’s to protect themselves. (From who? Zee Germans? Lol.) Would those same folks dare dream of buying a firearm without going through a FFL?
    Is firearms ownership a reason to be afraid? Afraid of the ATF? The things a couple of decades of indoctrination can do are remarkable.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not sure how true this is but I’ve heard buying multiple firearms in a week or duplicates of the same firearms can get you out on a list. I wouldn’t be surprised one bit if it’s true but have only heard this from word of mouth.
    Nah… there ain’t no list. Nobody’s keeping track of anything.
    I heard right here that there’s no list of gun owners period so it must be true…in someone’s mind…

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Last edited:

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    https://youtu.be/bMNpUCHxOSE

Doing whatever they want

https://youtu.be/INE4vgXm3mI

But they don’t save any information….
    Keep in mind, they only got caught watching a few people. Around 1000. How did they decide on these folks? I personally don’t think this is isolated, nor do I believe it’s only these few.

I have a feeling I'm on one of those lists. Just last night I walked into Walgreens, looked up and saw my face on the monitor showing me coming in. As soon as the facial recognition set in I hear "Customer need assistance in the liquor department." OMG, they already know who I am, and why I'm here, and I'm not even 10 foot inside the store!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have a feeling I'm on one of those lists. Just last night I walked into Walgreens, looked up and saw my face on the monitor showing me coming in. As soon as the facial recognition set in I hear "Customer need assistance in the liquor department." OMG, they already know who I am, and why I'm here, and I'm not even 10 foot inside the store!
    Haha! Gotcha!
    I knew Walmart has been using the facial recognition software for years now when they ID’d and caught two persons of interest (although they were cleared I think?) after some crime and it made the news. I guess pretty soon it’ll be like China and all the traffic cams will be locking on us. And drones! Can’t forget those.
    Hey wait… Walgreens sells liquor?

Top Bottom