Here's Why I HATE Glocks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    PRAISE THE LORD!!
    Well I have seen the light! Glocks ARE the bestest most supercalafrajalisticexpialdocious handgun ever to have been created by man. NAY, dare I say, created by Little Baby Jesus Himself!

:rolleyes:

:D:D
    Dave

Richierich

RichieRich
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    NoLa
    Well looked like there was a FTF early on in the powder test and that dragging down road vid WTF make that a N.O. road at least there would have been a point, other then some scratching at that slow speed, on a smooth ass road, whats that supposed to do? And the out of a plane drop into a soft dirt field again whats the point? I get that it can get dirty and rusty and work accurately and reliably and that makes it more then worth it. Alot of those tests seem like fluff though. Its obviously a decent gun and i'll give it that. :rofl:

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I am so glad that my local Funstore convinced me to trade all my Glocks for S&W Sigmas:doh:

All kidding aside, since getting my first Glock in 1993 and after learning to live with the different grip angle and trigger, I don't have plans to get rid of any of them! I still shoot better with my 1911s though.:D

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I get that it can get dirty and rusty and work accurately and reliably and that makes it more then worth it...... Its obviously a decent gun..........

Sir:

You clearly miss the point. Glocks are ugly. And they are made of plastic.

We do not need any more of your ill-informed comments about Glocks being reliable. In fact, any further transgressions may result in your being banned from the Jennings and Raven forums.

And, I regret to report that you have already been placed on the Lorcin factory Do Not Sell list.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Sir:

We do not need any more of your ill-informed comments about Glocks being reliable. In fact, any further transgressions may result in your being banned from the Jennings and Raven forums.

And, I regret to report that you have already been placed on the Lorcin factory Do Not Sell list.

Don't let him bully you Richie.;) Hah' Pernt will ALWAYS welcome you with open arms!! :D:D

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I have not shot any .40 or any 'plastic' gun that well. I have not spent a lot of time on them either. Never warmed up to the 'no safety' etc. etc. I just have the flick safety on off ingrained in me. But so is trigger discipline so that should cover it along with following the other safety rules.
    I will use Glock as the starting point for my next carry handgun purchase. The torture test has nothing to do with it. It is just hard to ignore what the Glocks offer.
    Problem will be which one to decide on. What Caliber, What Model, round count vs. concealability, You guys know what I mean.

Probably the biggest thing I hate about the Glock is their model number system does not seem to have any rhyme or reason to it. At least none that I see. Same can be said of other companies also. I'm just dealing with glocks. One day I might have an epiphany & get it.

1 cool thing is it one of the few pistols I would want that Keltecs uses the mags for the Sub2000.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I have shot a few different glocks in the past few weeks and the grip angle is a bit much but I did love the G23:D

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Sir:

Ah Finally!
    Dawg23 has exposed his Achilles Heel.

If you are really who you say you are and what you claim to be about you would never argue against open carry.

A Jenning, Raven or Lorcin should never be concealed. To deny others of the opportunity to gaze at perfect melding of form and function of the top 3 firearms of all time would go against every fiber of your being. Hell even Stevie Wonder would appreciate the fine lines after he disarmed you & held it in his hands.

You will be given leniency as some of these statements could have been taken out of context. Any further mention of any of the top 3 dangling from anything single point will not be tolerated.

I'm not a mod but just had to stop the insanity.
    Sincerely,
    RDO

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Ah Finally!
    Dawg23 has exposed his Achilles Heel.

If you are really who you say you are and what you claim to be about you would never argue against open carry.

A Jenning, Raven or Lorcin should never be concealed. To deny others of the opportunity to gaze at perfect melding of form and function of the top 3 firearms of all time would go against every fiber of your being. Hell even Stevie Wonder would appreciate the fine lines after he disarmed you & held it in his hands.

You will be given leniency as some of these statements could have been taken out of context. Any further mention of any of the top 3 dangling from anything single point will not be tolerated.

I'm not a mod but just had to stop the insanity.
    Sincerely,
    RDO

1. My wife would argue that I am far too insane to be stopped.

2. As a free epiphany starter......Glock made a number of products (entrenching tools, bayonets, etc) prior to manufacturing their first handgun. Sixteen different products, to be exact. Each of the sixteen was numbered sequentially..........Austrian "function over form."

So their first handgun was the Model 17. The next was the Model 18...........then.........well, you get the point. Each new model is one number higher than the previous, irrespective of caliber or size.

Gotta hate those Austrians.

3. You are correct about open carry of the world renowned Lorcin, Raven and Jennings weapons...........but only if rigged with the aforementioned tactical sling, the aforementioned tactical laser and the heretofore unmentioned (but tactically crucial) suppressor.

But "Oh teh jealousy" that ensues when I strut my gear. It's been known to make grown men start carrying concealed.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Well looked like there was a FTF early on in the powder test and that dragging down road vid WTF make that a N.O. road at least there would have been a point, other then some scratching at that slow speed, on a smooth ass road, whats that supposed to do? And the out of a plane drop into a soft dirt field again whats the point? I get that it can get dirty and rusty and work accurately and reliably and that makes it more then worth it. Alot of those tests seem like fluff though. Its obviously a decent gun and i'll give it that. :rofl:

Jesus Christ, I almost had a stroke reading this. I've decided to donate to you a few extras I had sitting around:

. , ! ? ; : - ( )

Feel free to use them in your next post...lol

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna

2. As a free epiphany starter......Glock made a number of products (entrenching tools, bayonets, etc) prior to manufacturing their first handgun. Sixteen different products, to be exact. Each of the sixteen was numbered sequentially..........Austrian "function over form."

So their first handgun was the Model 17. The next was the Model 18...........then.........well, you get the point. Each new model is one number higher than the previous, irrespective of caliber or size.

3. You are correct about open carry of the world renowned Lorcin, Raven and Jennings weapons...........but only if rigged with the aforementioned tactical sling, the aforementioned tactical laser and the heretofore unmentioned (but tactically crucial) suppressor.

But "Oh teh jealousy" that ensues when I strut my gear. It's been known to make grown men start carrying concealed.

You just better make sure you have that extra ballistic plate taped to your back when you go out stylin' like that. World be full of hatas', yo!

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.

You now need to add Glock Historian to your sig line.

I will quit trying to figure out Glock's # scheme & just accept it. I was like Rain Man trying to solve Who's on First. I knew there was no scheme but still tried find it.
    Thank you for the succinct explanation.

The Glock knives do look pretty good for the price.

No need for the entrenchig tool. I have perfectly good shovels at home I don't use.

I did see a Jennings in a CCW Class a while back. They would not swap me for a Kimber. I was persistent & tried my hardest with no luck.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie

While the model 17 was Glock's 17th patent, there were not necessarily sixteen other products produced before it, simply other patents held. There is no Glock 1, 2, etc.

And right, there is no "system" of numbering; it's simply one after the other. You really have to memorize it, probably the easiest way being owning one of each :D

I only really know the few I've owned and the ones I've looked into buying, I really couldn't tell you what their midsize .357 sig is, or what the 10mm compact is.

Last edited:

Richierich

RichieRich
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    NoLa
    Jesus Christ, I almost had a stroke reading this. I've decided to donate to you a few extras I had sitting around:

. , ! ? ; : - ( )

Feel free to use them in your next post...lol

LMAO im so doped on pain killers from having my wisdom teeth pulled, im lucky if i made any sense in there what so ever.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    While the model 17 was Glock's 17th patent, there were not necessarily sixteen other products produced before it, simply other patents held. There is no Glock 1, 2, etc.

And right, there is no "system" of numbering; it's simply one after the other. You really have to memorize it, probably the easiest way being owning one of each :D

I only really know the few I've owned and the ones I've looked into buying, I really couldn't tell you what their midsize .357 sig is, or what the 10mm compact is.
    You are forgeting the glock-7. The one that cannot be detected in a airport x-ray.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    You are forgeting the glock-7. The one that cannot be detected in a airport x-ray.

Rookie error by the Raven.

However that's not sort of thing that would get him banned from the Premium (Lorcin, Raven and Jennings) forums.........unless repeated offenses are noted. I presume, based on his screen name, that he's already a full-fledged member of at least one premium site.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom