Here's Why I HATE Glocks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    I happen to own a Glock 7, not only is it non detectable to airport security, it also has a button next to the safety that it will render the person carrying it invisible. It was standard issue while I was serving in a Super Secret Commando Group for NASA referred to those "in the know" as SSCGNASA. My unit was given the responsibility of protecting only 2 shuttle missions, the 1986 launch of the Challenger, and the 2003 re-entry of the Columbia. I took only 2 items when I was asked to resign, my trusted Glock 7 and a toaster that has since become self aware.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'm getting tired of reading this 'Glock's are sooo tough' BS. I'll put a 60 year old Enfield up against one anytime! They're plastic for God's sake! Admitedly better than some of the recent aluminum offerings. Where's the workmanship? Where's the sweat and tears that went into making them? Where's the pride of ownership? Gee, I bought a chunk of plastic... Call these guns tough? How about a Colt SAA? They're still working after a century, and not chambered in any wimpy 9mm or .40 cal either...

Seriously, how well do the plastics do when exposed to gasoline or other solvents? What about temperature extremes? Will the gun melt or become brittle?

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I'm getting tired of reading this 'Glock's are sooo tough' BS. I'll put a 60 year old Enfield up against one anytime! They're plastic for God's sake! Admitedly better than some of the recent aluminum offerings. Where's the workmanship? Where's the sweat and tears that went into making them? Where's the pride of ownership? Gee, I bought a chunk of plastic... Call these guns tough? How about a Colt SAA? They're still working after a century, and not chambered in any wimpy 9mm or .40 cal either...

Seriously, how well do the plastics do when exposed to gasoline or other solvents? What about temperature extremes? Will the gun melt or become brittle?

1. Yeah, they're plastic. Just like the 2-liter Coke bottles. Same stuff. Lousy garbage, if you ask me.

2. Sweat and Tears ? Check out the 11 year old children that are forced to work 18 hours a day in Southeast Asian sweatshops .........wait a minute........that's Nike shoes......Sorry

3. Solvents ? I heard that Hoppes #9 makes those things melt like a styrofoam cup. And temperature over 92 degrees Farenheit makes 'em all soggy and droopy (which is a good way to correct the grip angle, but still....I'm just saying)

4. Let me add just one word..........Lorcins Rule
    . . . . OK, maybe that was two words, but you get the point.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Yeah when I leave mine in the car on any hot day, the magazine gets melted to the magwell. Sucks.

But they're cheap plastic so I just buy another one. No biggie.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Wimpy Plastic? I'll have you know that I personally made certain that the gunshop where I bought mine were whittled out of the same plastic as a GI Joe action figure by an 11 year old Malaysian girl in an un airconditioned room while being beaten with a stick. Hows that for tough workmanship with sweat and tears? Remember TWA Flight 800? Yeah thats right, shot down with a .40 Glock. Bet you weren't aware of that were you? Nobody wants to here how you rather have a muzzle loader instead of a Glock, back to the Civil War Gramps. The age of Space Travel and Microwaves has no room for you. You want to know why I own Glocks? Because they're the best pistol ever made, why else would John Wayne own one? Plus it tells the Ladies I have a big penis.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Wimpy Plastic? I'll have you know that I personally made certain that the gunshop where I bought mine were whittled out of the same plastic as a GI Joe action figure by an 11 year old Malaysian girl in an un airconditioned room while being beaten with a stick.

You are referring to the popular Custom Glocks. Others among us can only afford the standard production models.

Remember TWA Flight 800? Yeah thats right, shot down with a .40 Glock. Bet you weren't aware of that were you?.

Actually Flight 800 was lost due to an on-board kaboom from a Glock .40

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Not only "snappy" I make sure to carry a couple of recently fired shell casings from my Glock in my pockets. Nothing gets the Missus hotter than their Man Scent. Plus she doesnt have me dress up like the mailman anymore.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Hey, I won't say all plastic guns are bad. I even have a Keltec P3AT. Good gun, it works. But I'm not PROUD of it. Its a functional chunk of plastic. Like I said before, my toaster works every time also. I'm not putting it on my webpage though...
    My Enfield & Moison have a colorful history. Those I'm proud to own. My AR is more accurate, but not as interesting.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Hey, I won't say all plastic guns are bad. I even have a Keltec P3AT. Good gun, it works. But I'm not PROUD of it. Its a functional chunk of plastic.

Hey..........it's OK to show a little pride............America invented plastic.

BUT.......... you won't find no steeking plastic on Jennings and Lorcins. We can all be proud to Open Carry these little jewels.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    I think people hold narrow opinions on firearms, either their own, or others because they are insecure. Chill for a sec, Im having a Dr Phil moment here. There are no perfect firearms. People have what they have for there own reasons, and as far as Im concerned thats good enough for me. I would like to have a 1911, but not enough to go out and buy one. Someday(yes Im saving up the money) I will have a Browning 1919 A, semi, in .308, with a shoulder stock, bipod, and a single point sling mounted right next to a Mickey Mouse sticker. I'll post pics when I get it I promise. Until the day a perfect firearm is created, I will have fun reading what the "experts" have to say.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I think people hold narrow opinions on firearms, either their own, or others because they are insecure. Chill for a sec, Im having a Dr Phil moment here. There are no perfect firearms. People have what they have for there own reasons, and as far as Im concerned thats good enough for me. I would like to have a 1911, but not enough to go out and buy one. Someday(yes Im saving up the money) I will have a Browning 1919 A, semi, in .308, with a shoulder stock, bipod, and a single point sling mounted right next to a Mickey Mouse sticker. I'll post pics when I get it I promise. Until the day a perfect firearm is created, I will have fun reading what the "experts" have to say.

GE Minigun? Not good for CHP but it would make a nice truck gun... Don't forget, if we're getting ready for SHTF, we're all going to need a technical.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Now this is what you really need. If you have a red range bag.

Personally, I prefer to open carry a Lorcin.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom