Hey AC guys

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Now twist guys. I still had AC guy come out bc I wanted to watch him change cap but when he got here and turned AC on it started to cool the house again. He said he couldn't check voltage stuff bc it was raining and lightning and he'd have to come back. So to me it's prob low on freon but what was the load pop

15 min later
    I don't think it's the freon bc now the unit in the attic wont run on cool. If I turn thermostat to fun the fan then unit in attic will run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So about 30 min later
    I turned on the unit again and everything was running and the AC was cold again. So I let it run to cool off the house and about an hour later the loud pop occurred again the lights dimmed a second in the house. I turned everything off.

WTF

Last edited:

stag0608

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Luling, La
    How old is the indoor unit? If the fan only runs on on at the stat then it could be the stat or a control board in the indoor unit. Now for the pop, is it inside or outside? It sounds to me like you have a short somewhere, maybe the cap out side. Did lightning strike close to the house, any electronics not working?

Last edited:

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    It's a Amana unit

Well after all said and done the tech couldn't find anything wrong. He thinks the rain had something to do with it. Causing the voltage to spike or drop which caused the compressor to not work.

And the boom I hearing was with a transformer or breaker. I'm the first house entering the neighborhood. And After this mornings boom there was a electric company truck out there later

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    One more question. While staying at my neighbors I noticed the ac filter looked really dirty. When I removed the cover the filter they had was too small. After measuring the air inlet opening it was 32"x25". Now I went to Lowes and they don't carry that size. After looking up the filter size it's a furnace filter. Did they use this size bc the house was the model and they needed wanted more air flow

stag0608

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Luling, La
    If its an Amana make sure you go and register it online! because Amana's come with a lifetime compressor warranty and 10 year parts warranty. If the compressor ever goes out they change the whole outdoor unit. Take a picture of where the filter goes and post it that is an odd filter size something's doesn't sound right. Also that 10 year parts is for the indoor as well.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Thanks for the warranty info. Yea it's a large opening bc mine is 20x30 and its def a lot larger. I even measured twice to make sure and when I looked online that size is labeled furnace filter. I have to change a light bulb over there tomorrow so ill snap a pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    If its an Amana make sure you go and register it online! because Amana's come with a lifetime compressor warranty and 10 year parts warranty. If the compressor ever goes out they change the whole outdoor unit. Take a picture of where the filter goes and post it that is an odd filter size something's doesn't sound right. Also that 10 year parts is for the indoor as well.

Stag didn't get a pic but my neighbor found a local filter place that cut a filter and taped the cut piece to along to a whole one. And the size was 25x32 bc that's what I told her and thats the size she told the filter place. And I put it in and it fits like a glove

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jrsumrow
    Top Bottom