Home Defense Without a Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    So you may remember, a few months ago the dude I work for confronted a guy breaking into his car, made chit chat, and stood around holding his nuts until the guy walked away.

Yesterday he finally confided in me that he would like a way to defend his home. Duh. What a brilliant idea. One problem, his pretty new wife won't allow a gun in the house. I know I know. Just who is in charge over there? Whatever, that's another problem for another forum.

He was thinking about a Taser. Yeah sure, that should work against 3 armed bad guys breaking into your home. A baseball bat? Sorry man, you just aren't that scary looking even with a bat. I suggested a samurai sword and some professional training with it would be an extremely lethal combination. Didn't you ever see Kill Bill? But that idea just caused him to slowly back away from me and he's possibly looking for a new editor as I write this.

Yes guys, this is the nonsense I have to deal with on a daily basis in this profession. Why do think I wear noise canceling headphones and spend so much render time at work writing on here?

Any other ideas that may be more socially acceptable? I guard dog would be awesome but it'd probably not get along with their cute little bandanna wearing rescue mutt.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Have him put your number on speed dial and label it "I am useless and have no balls.".:o

Bow and arrow, acid in a can, booby traps?

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    if he's not man enough to get a gun in his own house then I don't think any solution is going to work for him.

supersoaker filled with bleach, hydrochloric acid, etc.....?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I dunno, a no **** REAL taser (not a gun show stun gun) will deter a helluva lot. Criminals have youtube too.

you can get an extra cartridge holder for the x26 that attaches to the bottom of the battery, thats two shots in a hurry.

I'm pretty sure the x26 has a civilian model. The other one, not sure of the model but it looks like a remote or something, it has a 30second shock time... 30seconds is a LOOOONG time to ride that lightning.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I'm not completely against a Taser. I don't mind the ones that look more like pistols rather than a Star Trek phaser. As you said, it would be more about the deterrent/compliance factor so you want to be sure they know what they are looking at. My biggest issue is unless you can find a cow somewhere to shoot you can't practice with it. And even then, it's what $50/shot?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I think Tazers are legal.
    I should have added EZ off over cleaner- that stuff is damned near lethal!

If you're careful Lysol and a cigarette lighter, but don't burn down the house :o

torrey225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    I have a gun at home for protection. I don't usually have anything with me when I go running. What would be the best thing to carry with me (besides my cocker spaniel)?

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    ^^^ rofl

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned pepper spray.

Fox Labs

It might damage some furniture or something...but furniture isnt jack compared to saving a life.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Yeah a big can of pepper spray would be a good idea.

Crossbow, sword, squirt guns filled with napalm, etc would all be a little dangerous if a kid got ahold of em. Even in the hands of an adult it could be a bad day.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom