Honey Island or Sherburne?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Get to Sherburne right after sunup on a weekday and you'll probably have it all to yourself till you run out of ammo.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Get to Sherburne right after sunup on a weekday and you'll probably have it all to yourself till you run out of ammo.

I work shift work so I like doing this also. I have been there first thing in the morning and only seen one other person til I left around 10:30 or 11.

johnmichael

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Hammond, La
    Sherburne. Been to both a couple times and while Sherburne is a little further out from where I live, I much rather the free admission, no nazi range officers, and the layout is more preferred. The times I have been to HI, it was BUSY, to the point where it kinda sucked to be there. While I do not mind range officers, the ones at HI always seem to be a little high-strung. I realize it's there job to corral a bunch of trigger-happy shooters, they tended to be in your business a little too much.

Plus. The gas station right before Sherburne has the BEST BOUDIN BALLS EVER.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I have never been to Sherburne... Can someone give me directions? I would like to check it out..

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Looking for directions to the place.. Coming from N.O. via Causeway..

There are two ways, up from I-10 and down from 190. Do the down from 190 or you'll be travelling about 20 miles on a gravel road. Take I-10 to Port Allen and then cut up 415 until you hit 190. Then take 190 to the turn off right before the bridge that goes to Krotz Springs. Don't forget your hunting or fishing license. You can get a $2.50 "hook and line" license at Wal-Mart, Academy or wherever licenses are sold. The range is labeled on Google Maps.

eliska

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    New Orleans
    no, the skeet time is included... BUt you have to buy the clay targets from them

At HI, you pay the $6 gate fee. You then pay $3 per box of shells for the clay throwers. We supply the throwers and the clays. You put up your box of shells and shoot until it's gone. If you shoot 5 times each at 5 clays, you have used up that $3 ticket.

Top Bottom