How about a cheap M1 Garand or carbine?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    The asking price for A run of the mill Garand at the Kenner gun show this weekend was $3000....... Of course everything was over priced.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Originally I understood they were going to be for sale through private importers. But IF I understood the article now they're making provisions to sell them through the CMP. But don't worry even if they only sell through the CMP it should drive market prices down over all.

From what I've been led to believe these are pretty darn rough looking rifles.

Dave

RRB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Lafayette
    I doubt that it will happen. Definitely not under the current administration. Probably not under any future administration, be it Democratic or Republican. I do applaud the efforts of U.S. Rep. Cynthia Lummis and hope that other representatives support her proposed bill and others like it. I would love to see those old classic war horses repatriated and residing in the hands of U. S. civilians that respect the heritage and accomplishments that those rifles & carbines represent.

I'd love to see it happen!

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Originally I understood they were going to be for sale through private importers. But IF I understood the article now they're making provisions to sell them through the CMP. But don't worry even if they only sell through the CMP it should drive market prices down over all.

From what I've been led to believe these are pretty darn rough looking rifles.

Dave

from what ive read most have either been used as drill rifles for conscript trainees or kept in locked shipping containers. most are not safe to fire as they are.

Top Bottom