how can this be

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    db4485e24932853c10f1a01cc4580540.jpg

Oh wait, WHAT?! Doesn't God love everyone? Wouldn't he want everyone to be happy even if it differs from your beliefs??

Happy? Yes

And no God doesn't hate gay people, but he does say the sin of homosexuality is an abomination. There is a clear difference. Will being gay keep you out of heaven? No, no more then being a strait man and not knowing Jesus.

Will being gay and assuming all christians ar homophobes keep you from finding out what this God thing is all about? Yes!!!!!

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Happy? Yes

And no God doesn't hate gay people, but he does say the sin of homosexuality is an abomination. There is a clear difference. Will being gay keep you out of heaven? No, no more then being a strait man and not knowing Jesus.

Will being gay and assuming all christians ar homophobes keep you from finding out what this God thing is all about? Yes!!!!!

So a gay person, who practices homosexuality, can still go to heaven? I'm so confused. If your gay and continue to sin you can still go to heaven. OK. So people were given free will BY GOD, to make choices that God will condemn them for? I blame it all on talking snakes!!!!

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    There's a lot to be considered here (as you've already pointed out), but it seems like one answer to your #5 is - This is an issue mainly b/c the government is involved. I know some people will roll their eyes at that statement, but IF gov't was not involved, then consensual and contractual relationships would be handled through the church (marriage) or some other 3rd party (attorney) that is not connected to the public (for instance voting connects the will of the majority to the minority). If enough people (or States - some States are discussing this right now) would decide to remove gov't from the equation of marriage and leave churches to "marry" whomever they choose (this does trust that gov't would not interfere with the Right of churches to marry whomever they want), then this entire debate and controversy of gay marriage would cease to exist over night....imho

I think getting government out of marriage would be a great idea.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    So a gay person, who practices homosexuality, can still go to heaven? I'm so confused. If your gay and continue to sin you can still go to heaven. OK.

We are straying from the topic but yes.

I believe yes. According to my beliefs the only sin that keeps you from going to heaven is refusing to accept Jesus's ultimate sacrifice. Now I'm no theologen but if any of us were good enough to go to heaven based on what we have done or didnt do Jesus would not have had to die on a cross.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    So a gay person, who practices homosexuality, can still go to heaven? I'm so confused. If your gay and continue to sin you can still go to heaven. OK. So people were given free will BY GOD, to make choices that God will condemn them for? I blame it all on talking snakes!!!!

We are straying from the topic but yes.

I believe yes. According to my beliefs the only sin that keeps you from going to heaven is refusing to accept Jesus's ultimate sacrifice. Now I'm no theologen but if any of us were good enough to go to heaven based on what we have done or didnt do Jesus would not have had to die on a cross.

Way off topic, but I disagree with Whitebread on this.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    but we are a nation that is founded in the fact that individual rights come from God. A Judio/Christian God. And the big guy says marriage is a man and a woman.

I think it's important to look at this from a few perspectives: #1 - God doesn't force Himself on people, gives us free-will to operate our lives how we see fit, and gave humanity individual Rights which gov'ts should recognize. #2 - The advocacy of a free society.

#1 & #2 are compatible will the Christian God. It's clear from #1 that God recognizes that we are free to operate our lives as we see fit, even if it means living a life of sin to the fullest (murderers, rapists, etc). I think if one would take #2 to it's logical conclusion, then they would be forced to realize that a society that would "outlaw" gay marriage (consensual adult relationships) would not really be a truly free society at all. I believe the truest form of freedom regarding marriage is to allow consenting adults to enter into whatever contracts they want and allow them to call it whatever they want. Christians may keep the true definition of Marriage, while other may pervert it in their own personal lives. Yes we live in a nation founded on God's principles, however, God Himself doesn't force His nature on us, so in turn we shouldn't force His nature on everyone else. Which would place us inline with #1 & #2 perfectly.

Now the biggest issue of gay marriage is supposed to be the rights associated with property, visitation, custody, ect. All of those things can be achieved by righting contractual agreements, living wills, last testiments, and listing benificiaries.

I agree completely and think all of those wants would be best handled on their own, without gov't involvement. Once govt gets involved, benefits start being dished out, people start voting their own desires and wants, everyone gets into a fight for what they want the gov't to do.

Short of the population being forced to accept blasphany there is no benefit to "Same Sex Marraige" being law.

I think again this is where the complete removal of the gov't marriage licenses provides an answer to the entire issue. Christians wouldn't (& shouldn't) be forced to accept same sex marriage since marriage would return to what it once was - a covenant with God separate from govt. Gay couples would be able to seek their own ceremonies to honor or acknowledge their relationships, some may still call it marriage, but someone saying "2+2 = 5" has no bearing on the truth of the matter. In the same way a gay couple calling their relationship a marriage, has no bearing on the truth of the matter and shouldn't be a concern of the govt.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Way off topic, but I disagree with Whitebread on this.
    Well we can agree to disagree, but Jesus was crucified next to two dirtbags. One asked Jesus to remember him, and Jesus said today you will be with me in heaven. Thats the cliffsnotes version. I wont attempt an actual quote. Now either Jesus lied and is of now use to use in obtaining eternal life or there is hope for everyone, no matter what they do or have done. So when we get to heaven there is likely to be a lot of sinners. And those who end up somewhere else will run into a lot of good respectable folks. Is it fair? Nope but fair would givd me a one way ticket to somewhere warmer than South Louisiana. So thank God for things not being fair.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Whitsend, your post 148 with my quote, your editing it makes it look like I said I believe in God. And please elaborate on your beliefs that my comment was ignorant. After all, shouldn't you try to convince people of your belief rather than to just criticize? Come on, be a better Christian than that.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I think it's important to look at this from a few perspectives: #1 - God doesn't force Himself on people, gives us free-will to operate our lives how we see fit, and gave humanity individual Rights which gov'ts should recognize. #2 - The advocacy of a free society.

#1 & #2 are compatible will the Christian God. It's clear from #1 that God recognizes that we are free to operate our lives as we see fit, even if it means living a life of sin to the fullest (murderers, rapists, etc). I think if one would take #2 to it's logical conclusion, then they would be forced to realize that a society that would "outlaw" gay marriage (consensual adult relationships) would not really be a truly free society at all. I believe the truest form of freedom regarding marriage is to allow consenting adults to enter into whatever contracts they want and allow them to call it whatever they want. Christians may keep the true definition of Marriage, while other may pervert it in their own personal lives. Yes we live in a nation founded on God's principles, however, God Himself doesn't force His nature on us, so in turn we shouldn't force His nature on everyone else. Which would place us inline with #1 & #2 perfectly.

I agree completely and think all of those wants would be best handled on their own, without gov't involvement. Once govt gets involved, benefits start being dished out, people start voting their own desires and wants, everyone gets into a fight for what they want the gov't to do.

I think again this is where the complete removal of the gov't marriage licenses provides an answer to the entire issue. Christians wouldn't (& shouldn't) be forced to accept same sex marriage since marriage would return to what it once was - a covenant with God separate from govt. Gay couples would be able to seek their own ceremonies to honor or acknowledge their relationships, some may still call it marriage, but someone saying "2+2 = 5" has no bearing on the truth of the matter. In the same way a gay couple calling their relationship a marriage, has no bearing on the truth of the matter and shouldn't be a concern of the govt.

I cant disagree with anything you just said. I think as Christians we get hung up on the term marraige. As you said the easy solution is get government out the marrying business. Then they can say and do whatever they want and it means nothing to us. Passing laws to prevent lawsuites and hate crime alligations brought against the faithful would be an unfortunate must in the current day and age.

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I cant disagree with anything you just said. I think as Christians we get hung up on the term marraige. As you said the easy solution is get government out the marrying business. Then they can say and do whatever they want and it means nothing to us. Passing laws to prevent lawsuites and hate crime alligations brought against the faithful would be an unfortunate must in the current day and age.

yep definitely :hi5:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    The sad thing is these hot topic issues that we get so pationate about are simply "Wag the Dog" ploys to keep us argueing amongst ourselves so we don't catch this "ruling class" doesn't with their pants around the ankles.

they definitely take advantage of distractions

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    So what some of Yall are saying is "
    db4485e24932853c10f1a01cc4580540.jpg
    ".
    Oh wait, WHAT?! Doesn't God love everyone? Wouldn't he want everyone to be happy even if it differs from your beliefs??

Whitsend, your post 148 with my quote, your editing it makes it look like I said I believe in God. And please elaborate on your beliefs that my comment was ignorant. After all, shouldn't you try to convince people of your belief rather than to just criticize? Come on, be a better Christian than that.

To try to equate the beliefs of anyone posting in this thread to the picture you posted show you to be ignorant: lacking knowledge or information, about the belief of Christians.

There has been no indication that anyone here believes that God hate anyone or laughs when they die.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The sad thing is these hot topic issues that we get so pationate about are simply "Wag the Dog" ploys to keep us argueing amongst ourselves so we don't catch this "ruling class" doesn't with their pants around the ankles.

This crap is neither about religious belief nor gay rights. This is another purposefully orchestrated strategy to diminish the conservative side of freedom in this country. Just compare the issues that are supported by phony liberals and democrats with those of religious leaning conservative types. To eradicate the competition, you continue to marginalize them. Essentially force them to silently stop caring. It's been a bad decade for the religious leaning right. But be warned, when they stop getting involved (like not voting because they don't have a religious oriented candidate to get behind), the phonies win. And it is clear to me at least, everything I wrote is truer now than just 10 years ago!

Top Bottom