how can this be

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    This crap is neither about religious belief nor gay rights. This is another purposefully orchestrated strategy to diminish the conservative side of freedom in this country. Just compare the issues that are supported by phony liberals and democrats with those of religious leaning conservative types. To eradicate the competition, you continue to marginalize them. Essentially force them to silently stop caring. It's been a bad decade for the religious leaning right. But be warned, when they stop getting involved (like not voting because they don't have a religious oriented candidate to get behind), the phonies win. And it is clear to me at least, everything I wrote is truer now than just 10 years ago!

The problem is conservatives and those we are stuck supporting in elections can't or won't fight them on their level.
    And we keep being forced to support (or stay home) canidates who are imbarrased to have our support. And even if they claim to be all about the conservitive agenda once elected they go to washington and cave every chance they get or fight in direct opposition to the people who send them to washington.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    That's not actually the case though. Many things in the Bible were only adopted by the Bible. Hell, much of the Bible was altered throughout history for political agendas. Does that detract from the message of the Bible? Probably not - as long as you still believe that those changes are what God intended (if you subscribe to those ideas). But in short, historical facts do prove that the marriage came along way before the Bible was even considered to be written. Furthermore, marriage has not always been between one man and one woman. I am stealing this quote from another website: "Monogamy may seem central to marriage now, but in fact, polygamy was common throughout history. From Jacob, to Kings David and Solomon, Biblical men often had anywhere from two to thousands of wives. (Of course, though polygamy may have been an ideal that high-status men aspired to, for purely mathematical reasons most men likely had at most one wife). In a few cultures, one woman married multiple men, and there have even been some rare instances of group marriages."

Anyway, back to gay marriage: I don't get why people care if same-sex people get married. It certainly doesn't affect me in any way, at all. Everyone on this forum is all about everyone having equal rights in regards to gun ownership. Why care what other people do in their spare time? I mean honestly, if I had a gay neighbor who was married to another man (or woman), I would treat them like a person and be very neighborly to them. Ya know, invite them over for BBQs occasionally, help them with their yardwork, give them their dog when it runs away, etc. What they do just doesn't affect me. No one is trying to say that same-sex couples must be allowed to marry under a church or any religious body. The government is just allowing them to reap the same benefits of normal married couples. How is that not fair?

I agree

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    The government is just allowing them to reap the same benefits of normal married couples. How is that not fair?

If this is the general belief and understanding on the government, we are in worse shape than I could have thought.
    There us zero basis for the government to "allow" anything. If so, then that means they are also entitled to prevent.

Again, I think there are a few on here who have commented, that don't really care either way if two people want to marry. I also think these few people understand what's in store and that is where the argument comes from. The agenda of the people who speared this fight (whom are not the gays going get married) are activist, left wing at that, and they have always and will always fight for forced acceptance of their ideals. History shows us how well the left is when it comes to adapting to varying viewpoints, they do not promote inclusive societies.

I wont be inviting a gay neighbor over to the BBQ, regardless of religion I generally disagree with that life choice. Simple as that. Am I hateful for simply not agreeing? Or being supportive? No... I just have a differing view point. Is it hate to throw eggs and tomatoes, yes.... that would be hate.

Many of us here need to get an understanding of what hate is vs. what a different opinion is.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    You can't say that! Thats not politically correct! HOMOPHOBE! HATER! HOW DARE YOU HAVE THAT OPINION!?

(sarcasm intended)

I wont invite mine either chances are I would get a lecture about how awful it its to consume meat. Let alone the fact they probably wouldnt shut up about the greenhouse gases rolling out of my smoker. About that time i would probably inform them that I was smoking the wild hog I shot with my evil gun and ask them if they would like to see it. :D

Top Bottom