Hurricane Isaac

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    The power guys must have knocked out the cable. I'll take that deal.

Just a little FYI - In most cases where you have power but no cable (after this storm) it's likely the Node that feeds service to your home is powered by another grid. Such was the case in Old Jefferson. The Node was powered by the same power grid that I am on and while the rest of my neighborhood was getting power, we were not so cable was not going to work. Once our grid came back up cable service came back up.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    My cat got spooked and knocked over my Plano 23700 Stowaway. It's my washer storage. I have my washers separated by size, material, type, etc. The Plano has custom dividers, too, and just about every compartment was used (not full, but used) .

The washers -thousands of them- bounced, pooled, rolled and scattered everywhere. And anyone who stores washers knows you can't just sweep them up off the dirty damn floor. I had to use a telescoping-magnetic-pick-up tool so the straw and other crap off the floor wouldn't contaminate them. I already have to reorganize them; I damn sure don't want to pick out all that crap, too.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    A coworker told me I should go to http://www.disasterassistance.gov/ and apply for disaster assistance...? Didn't have any damage to the house other than the power going out and losing the food in the fridge/freezer. Evacuated and still in Dallas (heading home tomorrow). She said if it was anything like Katrina they would help cover some of the food / evacuation costs?

I didn't take any of the money during Katrina but times are kind of rough right now so I'm wondering if it was worth it to get some help to recover the food and gas that was lost during the storm. Anyone know if my coworker's information is accurate at all?

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    A coworker told me I should go to http://www.disasterassistance.gov/ and apply for disaster assistance...? Didn't have any damage to the house other than the power going out and losing the food in the fridge/freezer. Evacuated and still in Dallas (heading home tomorrow). She said if it was anything like Katrina they would help cover some of the food / evacuation costs?

I didn't take any of the money during Katrina but times are kind of rough right now so I'm wondering if it was worth it to get some help to recover the food and gas that was lost during the storm. Anyone know if my coworker's information is accurate at all?

Was your area mandatory?

Check with your homeowner's insurance policy. I was reimbursed for a bit of the Katrina evac and some tools I bought while away to use when I returned to the city (and I was completely honest about all purchases and kept receipts), but I recall it had to be mandatory for insurance to kick in.

Last edited:

LouisianaRebel

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    yonder
    Spent 17hrs cutting trees and getting people out of maurapas lastnight with the duece &ahalf yesterday. Its bad down there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    My cat got spooked and knocked over my Plano 23700 Stowaway. It's my washer storage. I have my washers separated by size, material, type, etc. The Plano has custom dividers, too, and just about every compartment was used (not full, but used) .

The washers -thousands of them- bounced, pooled, rolled and scattered everywhere. And anyone who stores washers knows you can't just sweep them up off the dirty damn floor. I had to use a telescoping-magnetic-pick-up tool so the straw and other crap off the floor wouldn't contaminate them. I already have to reorganize them; I damn sure don't want to pick out all that crap, too.

Poor kitty. I hope it was okay!

/runs!

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Thanks man. It is what it is though. Getting a new car. Mine will be totalled so happy about that. In a couple months will have a house full of new stuff. Have to look at the bright side haha.

I hate that your Wilson and STI were "destroyed" in the flood!!! Go ahead and drop off the remains at my place and I will take care of disposing of them properly.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Spent 17hrs cutting trees and getting people out of maurapas lastnight with the duece &ahalf yesterday. Its bad down there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I tried to run the paper route Friday got as far as 16 just east of the French Settlement bridge and turned around.
    Just talked to my buddy David Hoover at Hoover's store in Whitehall he was telling me how bad the water was.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I hate that your Wilson and STI were "destroyed" in the flood!!! Go ahead and drop off the remains at my place and I will take care of disposing of them properly.

Haha the guns were the first of my posessions saved. I brought them on the boat that brought us out. Did not want firearms laying around an empty house

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom