Hydrographics Unlimited: Terrible UPDATED:post #9

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Well I hope he sees this thread for sure now. Thanks to the people in here who understand what the job is like and supporting me. Also, thanks to the members who have sent PM's stating to spread the word and share the experience a few other places.
    Here is his site with a video of his process.
    http://www.hydrographicsunlimited.com/

Maybe he will step forward and come clean. I mean he came clean through text. He said I was a dipshit and "loose" his number.
    Shawn, would it be too embarrassing to face the criticism of your own work?

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Jack, you always make me laugh.

Not that it makes a difference now, but did you pay for the work up front? If so, why? This is why you never ever ever ever ever pay up front. At least you have something to bargain with if the work turns out shitty, as this obviously did. (This is especially true with paint & body men and hookers.)

Not to rub salt in a wound and I know you don't want to hear I told you so, but let this be a $125 lesson. (Pretty cheap actually, as far as life lessons go.)

And let this also be a lesson to Shawn the Shittydipper... Don't **** people off with shitty work, it will come back to haunt you. It's much easier to do the right thing the first time arouind. Plus your text response makes you look like a total dirtbag.

Oh man it is a life lesson. I pay for my debts. It was also his mother that was at the shop and gave me her gun. It was not her fight or problem. I mean she has his his work on display but thats about it. I paid the $125.00 because that is who I am. This thread will cost him much more and I didnt stoop down to his level. The only reason I have even considered disputing the charges is because of his immature and insulting text response.
    It''s worse than that! He said in the OP he "paid his ticket" after he got the gun back!

But, those customers that aren't vocal at the time of their discontent are the ones you need to watch in the aftermath. Hence, this thread! ;)

Yea, I'm not really one for confrontation unless it's a last resort. No need for it most of the time.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I gotta be honest man, there's no way I would have paid for that. After the response he have you, I would send him a letter saying that you want a refund due to work not complying with general specs of the industry, and if he doesn't, you'll take him to small claims court.

Will you get your money back? Maybe, but if you go to court it will Definitely show up when he tries to get a credit check.

He &^*%ed you, give the D right back, sans reacharound.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I gotta be honest man, there's no way I would have paid for that. After the response he have you, I would send him a letter saying that you want a refund due to work not complying with general specs of the industry, and if he doesn't, you'll take him to small claims court.

Will you get your money back? Maybe, but if you go to court it will Definitely show up when he tries to get a credit check.

He &^*%ed you, give the D right back, sans reacharound.

Okay, I never told you guys I was a medium on the side. I received a signal from the dipper! His response was a little sketchy so I will illustrate in picture form what I think I am seeing.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Sucks more for the shop "selling" his work. They are also part of the bad name, I would at least make them aware of the situation so that they re-consider, I'm sure they make a small % out of the work to cover CC fees etc but it might not be enough to get a bad name now.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Sucks more for the shop "selling" his work. They are also part of the bad name, I would at least make them aware of the situation so that they re-consider, I'm sure they make a small % out of the work to cover CC fees etc but it might not be enough to get a bad name now.
    thanks man. I have brough to there attention. As stated that is her son, she got pretty defensive about it and said that she just allows him to display his work there. She also takes care of the drop off and pick ups since he works in the plant(s).

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    So a friend here that knows a lot more than me about the internet helped me out some.
    this is what he was able to find out for me. If anyone is a member of bayobucks, feel free to link this thread there for me; as most of us know it would stand a better chance coming from a senior memeber rather than someone just joining with zero feedback.
    If anyone can find out who he is on here that would be great. I wish to leave a negative itrader feedback linked to this threaad.
    thanks again for all of the support guys. we may all be out to cut each others throat at times, but then when the time comes we stand behind one anothr for what is right.

Bayou Bucks Account;
    http://www.bayoubucks.com/forum/member.php?u=6220

Topics;
    http://www.bayoubucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44576&highlight=Camo+Dipping

There is also;
    http://www.louisianasportsman.com/l...ports&event=view&action=full_report&id=153508

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/l...sid=4e2eb7dbe67b8e101077b9edae25d800&site=las[/

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I wouldn't bet on Bayoubucks being of any assistance.

"This is actually a good friend of mine. He is located in Gonzales, and will be servicing everywhere in between. He is gonna be doing a gun for me shortly, so you know if I recommend him, it's pretty darn good. Shawn is a very upstanding person, and the work you see on the pics do not do it justice"

Apparently he has their seal of approval.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I wouldn't bet on Bayoubucks being of any assistance.

"This is actually a good friend of mine. He is located in Gonzales, and will be servicing everywhere in between. He is gonna be doing a gun for me shortly, so you know if I recommend him, it's pretty darn good. Shawn is a very upstanding person, and the work you see on the pics do not do it justice"

Apparently he has their seal of approval.
    Yep, I jusst read that after posting the links here.
    oh well.
    Stickied just because he's a douche.

Thanksman, I really appreciate that.

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Did you notice the flaws when you picked it up? If so and you paid then you were accepting the work. I agree its sub par work but to come back after the fact and start complaining is IMO the wrong way to handle it. If I do work for someone and when I am done they smile and pay me, I have to assume they are satisfied with the work. After a few weeks calling to complain just doesn't look like he is fully at fault. Unless the bubbling started later after you picked up the rifle. I would learn from this and inspect services before paying next time. Again you are much more in the right here than wrong,;but you have to at least share some of the blame for paying for sub par work then ask for a refund or compensation later.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Stickied just because he's a douche.

Now that is gold right there!! You can't hide from a sticky.

If he waited till the last minute and rushed the job and that's why it's ****, then that is forgivable. Man up and make it right. Everybody makes mistakes sometimes. To me that speaks volumes about a business. It's more how they handle a problem that will bring me to a business. I have been known to screw up a few things, and when customers bring it ot my attention I make it right ASAP. Even if I have to stay at the shop all night to do so. I will NEVER send a bull **** text message calling somebody bra (this isn't California), or a dipshit. That is immature and unprofessional. Word of mouth travels fast and can ruin a hard earned reputation, as I'm sure Shawn just figured out the hard way. I hope this all gets resolved OP.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Did you notice the flaws when you picked it up? If so and you paid then you were accepting the work. I agree its sub par work but to come back after the fact and start complaining is IMO the wrong way to handle it. If I do work for someone and when I am done they smile and pay me, I have to assume they are satisfied with the work. After a few weeks calling to complain just doesn't look like he is fully at fault. Unless the bubbling started later after you picked up the rifle. I would learn from this and inspect services before paying next time. Again you are much more in the right here than wrong,;but you have to at least share some of the blame for paying for sub par work then ask for a refund or compensation later.

ok let me clarify some things,
    thanks for the response.
    .the flaws were there at pick up but not near as bad until I got home under proper lighting
    he was not there at the time of pick up. I told donna I was not happy with the work. I paid because it was not her fault and not her fight. I also pay what I owe and will settle it later. I have already mentioned several times I did not ask for a refund; I chalked it up as a learning experience. I only considered disputing the charge on my card after is was mentioned here and after his childish repsonse via text.
    So if I had a bad experience with this company/man I should not come back and write a review about it so others can decide for themsevles. that is what online reviews especially for products are for.
    this is also not weeks later. I wrote this review the same day I picked the rifle up so it would be accurate.
    so, I dont think I share any of this blame.
    I chose him, he did a job, I paid him/them. the job sucked. I chalked it up as a life lesson. why? becuase I held up my end of the deal, I paid for a service that's what I am responsible for.
    I was going to write a review either way; positive or negative. again I expected no compensation until he insulted me in his text and I still haven't decided if I am even going to dispute the charges.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    While we're talking hydrographics, and F'ed up work, I would like to give ChameleonCamo.com out of Laffeyette some recognition. Long story short, the guy had my rifle for over 4-1/2 months, and this is what I got.

I flaked all this off with my thumbnail
    aqyry4yp.jpg

4urygudu.jpg

a8etyta8.jpg

Also had over spray inside the receiver
    sunuqu9u.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

That's partially true. Here's why; Some people just "don't/can't complain" on the spot. Call it personality/character flaws/ideosyncracy but it is a real deal. You know, different strokes kind of thing. Without question he should have said something at the time; but the Saints should have beat San Fran in the NFC playoffs too.

Point is and remains, "He is the customer!" I could physically beat some of the a-holes I have had the displeasure of knowing. For the most part, I have great customers; but there is that 2-3%. Nonetheless, if they don't verbally abuse my workers I treat them like they are as important is the others.

Remember, it was **** dippers mom that handled the interaction at the time.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    While we're talking hydrographics, and F'ed up work, I would like to give ChameleonCamo.com out of Laffeyette some recognition. Long story short, the guy had my rifle for over 4-1/2 months, and this is what I got.

I flaked all this off with my thumbnail
    aqyry4yp.jpg

4urygudu.jpg

a8etyta8.jpg

Also had over spray inside the receiver
    sunuqu9u.jpg

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume; Bad review on this work? :mamoru:

That's insane!

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume; Bad review on this work? :mamoru:

That's insane!

The difference between my experience and Dishonored's, this guy actually begged me to let him fix it. However, I was in no way form or fashion going to let my rifle get back into his hands after finally getting it back after months of multiple attempts to retrieve my gun, only to get it back in this shape. He had waaaayyyyy long enough to do the job right, and he obviously didn't care about the condition it was in the first time he got it back to me. So why should I let him have the slightest chance of trying to make things right with a second chance?

Top Bottom