I got dog bit today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Cant type on phone very well, I'll come back tomorrow night when Im home.
    Two almost 100 pound labs (both mine). Had no choice but to go hands on.
    A few on wrist that arent as bad. Bled like 3 stuck hogs.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/eg8it4.jpg

Yeah, it hurts. Yeah Im sure you've had worse on your pecker :p

And no, I didnt kill the bastard.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Dog bites hurt like hell... I had to get between a rescue we had and mine once, got a finger chewed pretty bad... took a month to bend it, still is a little stiff about 8 months later... 6 months for my fingernail to get back to normal.

Make sure you clean it extremely well and keep an eye out for infection, if the dogs aren't up to date on shots I'd go to the doctor for some antibiotics and get dog to the vet for a checkup.

G

gunguy11

the scar on my right cheek is from a 93lb black lab male.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Fight. 1 was trying to eat chihuaha. He was trying to bite other do when I got bit.

Gotcha.

I actually saw one of the Hog hunters on the 'Hogs Gone Wild' TV show the other night take a similar bite. His leg was near the hogs neck while they were wrestling and the dog released to get a better stance. Then went back for the neck except it was dudes CALF!!! YOUCH!! It was a Great Dane too, BIG MOUTH lol!

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I love animals, cats and dogs alike,but when the day comes when my pets, cat or a dog turns on me...there will be no more cat or dog food purchases from that moment forward.....

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    If I ever felt one of mine turned it would be gone but in a fight break up situation I've been chewed like gum by some big ol dogs that meant me no harm

It's a price real dog people are willing to pay sometimes

Thanks to OP for not shootin the pooch

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Thanks to OP for not shootin the pooch

It didn't even cross my mind. The other one was shut out of the room while I tried to stop the bleeding, the one that bit me sat in front of me panting the entire time like he was sitting at the beach, that bastard. He still got chain duty though because he is just hard to deal with when visiting.

It is so swollen today, had to drive (5 speed) last night and it SUCKED. Drove home earlier and it is ok, just so puffy.

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    theres a good difference b/t a dog "turning on you" and getting between it, and something its biting. I did something similar when my dogs were playing a toy. For a second i was furious then realized my dog was just as scared/confused as me with the "oh **** im going to get killed look". Accidents happen, and they are just animals. Glad to hear you didnt have to take any serious action against your dog. But as mentioned keep it clean, and keep an eye on the wounds. Its going to hurt for a while, but if your dog is up to date on its shots, it shouldnt be a problem. and yes, dog bites hurt like hell. GOod luck

Top Bottom