I got dog bit today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Legs and a lot of loud screaming.

It's midnight, I'm about to head to bed so my googlefu is going to wait a few hours but I seem to recall hearing that fighting dogs literally cannot turn it off sometimes. They, for lack of a better word, I guess black out? They're so driven and focused on the fight, they don't know who you are. It's not that they don't care. Or they're mad at you. So when they realize they've injured you, yes they can be genuinely upset.

Having said that, I'd probably take the bite too. Better a few stitches than $2000 in vet bills. Hurts like a bitch, but a single (or two) bite is better than a full on beat down from muzzle to tail.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Normally I'd agree with all of the above advice, but damnit, it was a chihuaua! That's like them catching a possum! They're not worth getting bit over. They probably did the owner a favor. To make up for it buy the owner a real dog. Let them play with it and finish it off then help the owner bury it... Cut the head off just to make sure it doesn't dig itself back up, those things are evil.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Legs and a lot of loud screaming.

It's midnight, I'm about to head to bed so my googlefu is going to wait a few hours but I seem to recall hearing that fighting dogs literally cannot turn it off sometimes. They, for lack of a better word, I guess black out? They're so driven and focused on the fight, they don't know who you are. It's not that they don't care. Or they're mad at you. So when they realize they've injured you, yes they can be genuinely upset.

Having said that, I'd probably take the bite too. Better a few stitches than $2000 in vet bills. Hurts like a bitch, but a single (or two) bite is better than a full on beat down from muzzle to tail.

When I grabbed the collar with my left hand and pulled, that partially broke both off their bites, so dog on the right went to reset and went too far, getting me instead. I know he didn't do it on purpose, but that doesn't make it hurt any less. Me yelling in pain & then driving them both into a dresser with my knees is what got them to snap out of it for a second so I could get the one locked out of the room.

I know the situations for potential fighting between them, from now I on I am avoiding those situations. Sometimes they just get tired of each other and start fighting when it is just the 3 of us sitting around the house.

And for those times, there will always be something close by that I knock the holy **** out of them with.

Last edited:

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    a squirt gun filled with house-hold ammonia really takes the fight out of a dog and doesn't cause any lasting damage to either party

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    At least you did not have to fend off two bitches in heat! :dogkeke:
    Dad, a chow chow breeder, would always tell tell anyone to use your legs if you had to separate two fighting dogs. It is not the breed; simply, any dogs in a fight are not going to be civil.

Are you ok, LongGone?

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    a squirt gun filled with house-hold ammonia really takes the fight out of a dog and doesn't cause any lasting damage to either party

Not sure if serious?

At least you did not have to fend off two bitches in heat! :dogkeke:
    Dad, a chow chow breeder, would always tell tell anyone to use your legs if you had to separate two fighting dogs. It is not the breed; simply, any dogs in a fight are not going to be civil.

Are you ok, LongGone?

I'm doing better. The swelling is going down a lot. The holes are looking nasty but I'm working on that.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom