I Hate Pumpkin Spice

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Just went to the grocery store and all of this pumpkin spice scented and flavored garbage is beginning to show up again.
    For the record, I hate all things pumpkin spice.
    Manufacturers hit a gold mine with it, telling us it’s the essence of Autumn.
    I understand that’s their job and I don’t begrudge them that but why do we buy into it?
    For me, Fall is for split pea soup and chili.
    No, not the best themes for coffee, ice cream, pastries or scented candles but more appropriate in my mind.
    Rant over.

What say ye?

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I'm the same. Whatever the "spice" is in pumpkin spice is an absolute turn-off for me. Repulsive.

Back when I used to eat pastries and whatnot, I would eat a slice of a good pumpkin pie, maybe with a hit of ice cream, but I quit all that many moons ago.

I don't change my diet by the seasons or holidays, minus crawfish season when they're available and aren't hard as rocks. Outside of that, my diet is about the same line-up of options all year.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    They sold/sell it as "the Essence of Autumn".
    The Essence of Autumn is more-so cool fronts and burning leaves, and fish feeding up for Winter. The first two are not something I want in my mouth and sure don't want my home smelling like that.

They're trying to put seasons in cups. LOL

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Pumpkin spice is cinnamon and pumpkin essentially. I’m not with y’all on this one I love me some pumpkin spice lol. Not to crazy about the coffee but just about anything else is pretty good.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    IMG_6798.png

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Pumpkin spice is cinnamon and pumpkin essentially. I’m not with y’all on this one I love me some pumpkin spice lol. Not to crazy about the coffee but just about anything else is pretty good.
    Pumpkin spice, also known as pumpkin pie spice, is a mixture of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. Some pumpkin spice mixes might leave out a spice or two, but most consist of at least two or three of the spices listed above.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I do enjoy homemade pumpkin bread, and I am also a fan of cinnamon. Not a coffee drinker so no idea about SB pumpkin spice. If it is anything like SB other drinks it will be crap that everyone but me enjoys... SB hot chocolate is awful, like putting Hersey syrup in water.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom