I'd like to compete in matches when I get more ammo!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptWSims

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Mandeville, LA
    Got a nice little M1 carbine from CMP a couple of months ago and would like to shoot in some matches at 100 yards (no, I don't want to take on the Big Guns at 200 yards, and across the range is out of the question!) once I have more ammo...bought 100 rounds from Academy Sports in Slidell right after I acquired the rifle, and only have 35 of the Remington SP left. Have more SPs and a stash of 500 FMJ on indeterminate backorder, like many people! :(

Are there every any carbine matches locally (that'd be southern LA, MS, AL)?

Last edited:

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Every so often there is a 100 yard M1 Garand Match where you can shoot your carbine. Why not come shoot at 200 or across the course? You don't need a rifle, LSA has plenty of loaners (if you are a member which is $10) for $5.

jdhunt3

The LeatherMeister!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Slidell, LA
    Got a nice little M1 carbine from CMP a couple of months ago and would like to shoot in some matches at 100 yards (no, I don't want to take on the Big Guns at 200 yards, and across the range is out of the question!) once I have more ammo...bought 100 rounds from Academy Sports in Slidell right after I acquired the rifle, and only have 35 of the Remington SP left. Have more SPs and a stash of 500 FMJ on indeterminate backorder, like many people! :(

Are there every any carbine matches locally (that'd be southern LA, MS, AL)?

There will be a 100 yd Garand match at the Honey Island Range on Memorial Day. You may shoot your carbine in that match. I will likely be calling the line (it seems I'm always calling the line somewhere!). To get more information, goto http://www.honeyisland.org/ and click on the link for the Garand Match on the left side of the page.

Top Bottom