If you could design whatever pistol you wanted...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    What would it be?

Me-

A Springfield XD Compact frame/ergonomics with Glock guts/function.

Why in heck Gaston can't do the thing with the magazines that make one gun be either compact or full size (without buying a dang crappy sleeve to put over a G21 mag, for example, to fit in a G30), I don't know. Maybe just simple arrogance.

However, I like the half-cock "safe action" of the Glock, and I don't personally feel drawn to the backstrap safety, so I am fine with the function of the Glocks. I just wish they felt better.

While I am at it, since I am wishing in one hand here, I would issue it with an old school Army camo pattern. :D

Any ideas from y'all?

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    .22lr designed like a (3rd gen)Glock with an 8" threaded barrel, 4 pictinny rails on a removable non-sliding slide cover, and a 50-100rnd drum.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    What about this?

pistol50bmgmaadigriffin467ace.jpg

:D

chadwickMS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2007
    Picayune, MS, USA
    I would have something like LC said, XD body, glock guts, but made out of some kind of material that has the strength of hardened steel but the weight of say, styrofoam. It would fire some kind of special plastic bullets too to save weight. It would also be selective fire in case the S really HTF.

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Ok, 1911A1 Design, Polymer Frame, Double Stack, .45ACP, 4 inch slide, full size grip. 13+1 Capacity. Picatinny Rail, easily changeable backstrap (MSH on 1911). Thinline grips... thats about all I can think of.

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Am I alone in thinking that the Glock is a terrible design? Aesthetically, I find it to be downright ugly. When handling one, it just feels awkward and clumsy. The pre-cocked striker with no external safety is not something I look for in a weapon.
    My ideal pistol – No external safety, DA/SA trigger with all ambidextrous controls; something similar to an updated/modern Walther P5 with a higher ammo capacity.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Am I alone in thinking that the Glock is a terrible design? Aesthetically, I find it to be downright ugly. When handling one, it just feels awkward and clumsy. The pre-cocked striker with no external safety is not something I look for in a weapon.

I think those qualities are part of what makes it such a reliable piece...it isn't complicated, follows Occam's Razor.

It looks like the 3rd gen probably handles a lot better but I haven't had a chance to handle one myself.

Those things you mentioned are why I went with a SA XD instead of a Glock.

Next handgun I look into purchasing will be a 3rd gen Glock 19.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    As long as I'm dreaming...
    Polymer frame 1911. Interchangeable slides, 3", 5", and 7", all factory threaded for a suppressor. Rear of frame slotted for carbine stock. Flash light internal in the plug. An alloy slide that won't crack! Beveled mag well, beavertail grip, extended safety. Unobtrusive scope mount, maybe a magnetic or snap on mount that doesn't loose its zero? set up to co-witness the irons...
    Sale price around $300, including the can and the paperwork.
    Oh, and double action the first shot without screwing up the trigger pull.

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I have no numbers or statistics but most of the negligent discharge stories I hear usually involve one of the pre-cocked striker fired pistols (Glock, XD, etc.)

I prefer a hammer that I can see and cock/decock.....of course, I also prefer manual transmissions in my automobiles also. Guess I'm just too much of a control freak.

lilmoose0

Crack don't smoke it self
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    What would it be?

Me-

A Springfield XD Compact frame/ergonomics with Glock guts/function.

Why in heck Gaston can't do the thing with the magazines that make one gun be either compact or full size (without buying a dang crappy sleeve to put over a G21 mag, for example, to fit in a G30), I don't know. Maybe just simple arrogance.

However, I like the half-cock "safe action" of the Glock, and I don't personally feel drawn to the backstrap safety, so I am fine with the function of the Glocks. I just wish they felt better.

While I am at it, since I am wishing in one hand here, I would issue it with an old school Army camo pattern. :D

Any ideas from y'all?
    I'm with you 100% Best of both worlds

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I have no numbers or statistics but most of the negligent discharge stories I hear usually involve one of the pre-cocked striker fired pistols (Glock, XD, etc.)

I've heard those stories too, they involved people putting their finger where it wasnt supposed to be, like on the trigger.

I love 1911's and their ilk as much as the next red blooded American, I just prefer something alot more streamlined and simple when its time to go to work.

Top Bottom