If you had a choice of only 2 guns to own in a SHTF scenario, what would they be?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SuperK

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Simple question.
    The only logical choice is the Vostu Pattern Sangheili Carbine, manufactured at the Iruiru Armory on Sanghelios, located on the edge of the Urs system's habitable zone. Sanghelios is the fourth planet in this system composed of three stars are named Urs, Fied, and Joori. Sanghelios has two moons called Qikost and Suban.

This is the introduction regarding the T51-C from the UNSC non-human ordinance manual:

"Made by the Iruiru Armory, the design of the Vostu-pattern carbine has a heritage that stretches back to the marksman rifles used in conflicts on Sanghelios millennia ago. Unlike the newer Mosa-pattern carbine (species specific), the Vostu-pattern carbine's design was intentionally adapted for use by other species, featuring native link integration (NLI). The carbine is semi-automatic, EM-wave pulse recoil-operated and charger-fed. Additionally, it features a holographic optic with 2x magnification. The weapon's cylindrical magazine holds 18 rounds, and also provides indication of number of rounds left in the magazine by utilizing a holographic display (in Sangheili Graphi/Numerics). The rear of the weapon contains two circular openings, the forward one is the weapon's hand guard and the area in front of it is where the weapon's trigger touch sensor is located. No safety mechanism has been identified. On the weapon's top rail is the magazine well and ammunition chamber. The magazine ejects automatically when emptied. The forward part of the weapon contains the Vostu-pattern carbine's barrel, which provides rapid exponential acceleration of the projectile to user-set speeds up to just over Mach 5 at sea level here on Erde-Tyrene (Sangheili for Earth). Higher preset projectile speeds will have diminshed kinetic delivery and more penetration. Lower preset projectile speeds will have increased kinetic delivery and less penetration. The Carbine is unique among Covenant firearms because of its ammunition. Rather than using plasma bursts which can be inaccurate and slow at long range, this weapon utilizes caseless radioactive projectiles fired at hypersonic speeds. When fired, the projectile is powered along its entire flight path, consuming up to 50% of its total mass by the time it reaches its maximum effective range of approximately 625 meters. Against light armored targets, the round's speed and super-heated semifluid state ensure armor penetration on either the first or second impact. It is unknown how or when the Sangheili developed this weapon."

Like I said, the obvious choice. Easy to get one. Just make contact with a Sangheili (a Macto Cognatus, or Elite), defeat it, and take its weapon. Be careful they cloak. If you survive that, pick it up and then you can't make it fire, then you killed one with a Mosa, not a Vostu, and you just risked your life for nothing. FYI the Vostu has a more irridescent purple alloy with a more greenish Holo-up display than the Mosa's greenish yellow. Mosa's have no NLI so they are a no go, and so far no UNSC eggheads have mathed out a hack. Hope this helps. BTW, If you get one this way and someone sees you do it, you are a God. Only older, more experienced Sangheili warriors will be carrying this weapon. Free drinks for life. Everywhere. Be safe out there...

Oh yeah another way to get one is to engage a Kig-Yar (also known as a Jackal, or Perosus latrunculus) and just shoot it. They'll always have a Vostu because they aren't Sangheili, and need a carbine with NLI. No Cloaking. Super easy. Just don't tell anyone.

"Jackals may be superior marksmen and they're very sneaky, but that doesn't make them excellent snipers — they’re a little too bloodthirsty for that."— Anonymous UNSC Marine

Good luck finding more ammo. It's made on the Sangheili home world, so don't expect listings on here followed by messages and meet-ups.

Some notable remarks from UNSC personnel while training with the Type 51 Carbine:

"You really need to learn to recognize the symbols on top of the gun. Dude, count your shots, for real. I almost domed myself when it ejected..."

"Hey Dumb-ass, don't inhale that smoky green **** when the mag ejects. You'll get ARS..." (acute radiation syndrome)

"The symbols on this POS display make absolutely no sense..."

"I wish the scope was different..."

i hope you have enjoyed my HALO fan-boy satire :)

Attachments

• Vostu Pattern Sangelli Carbine.png
      Vostu Pattern Sangelli Carbine.png
      140.5 KB · Views: 33
    Last edited:

Renz7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2024
    Phoenix, AZ
    Depends on what kind of SHTF scenario, but if its society crumbling, 5.56 AR15, ideally suppressed, a light, with an Eotech or HS510c to go with NVGs. VP9 or any glock in 9mm as secondary.

But the best answer should really be...
    Plasma rifle in the 40 watt range

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Depends on what kind of SHTF scenario
    That's really the question what kind of S has hit the fan? For most SHTF, I want guns that my neighbors stock ammo for so an AR in 5.56 and a 9mm. But that may change. I have a sufficient stock pile to make my way to the local "ammo dumps", so for the 2 most likely.....

Walkers/Red Dawn? Any high capacity 9mm pistol with a good OWB holster and a high capacity, short barrel AR-15. Ideally suppressed. I know just the house with AR's that fit the bill. And, one stop shopping, more ammo than a human could carry.

Nuke/virus (most people gone) - Something .308 for easier ammo hunting, long barrel with a solid scope and a .22 rifle with a solid scope. Different house, but I know where those can be found too with enough ammo to last FOREVER.

Hurricane/weather/purge/riot? Good AR in 5.56 with an optic, 9mm pistol, vest and a great relationship with my neighbors. No suppressors BTW because I want the second wave to hear what happened to the first one. I don't need to leave the house to "shop" for this one.

Aliens? Well that Plasma rifle of course.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    That's really the question what kind of S has hit the fan? For most SHTF, I want guns that my neighbors stock ammo for so an AR in 5.56 and a 9mm. But that may change. I have a sufficient stock pile to make my way to the local "ammo dumps", so for the 2 most likely.....

Walkers/Red Dawn? Any high capacity 9mm pistol with a good OWB holster and a high capacity, short barrel AR-15. Ideally suppressed. I know just the house with AR's that fit the bill. And, one stop shopping, more ammo than a human could carry.

Nuke/virus (most people gone) - Something .308 for easier ammo hunting, long barrel with a solid scope and a .22 rifle with a solid scope. Different house, but I know where those can be found too with enough ammo to last FOREVER.

Hurricane/weather/purge/riot? Good AR in 5.56 with an optic, 9mm pistol, vest and a great relationship with my neighbors. No suppressors BTW because I want the second wave to hear what happened to the first one. I don't need to leave the house to "shop" for this one.

Aliens? Well that Plasma rifle of course.
    Walkers and Red Dawn are two completely different scenarios.

For Walkers I want a .22lr pistol and rifle. Suppressed. My Mk IV and my Ruger 1022 would work fine. Head shots on a walker with a .22 work great.

Commies are harder to kill. For Commies, I'd take my 'What would Stoner Do' build AR15. It's 5 lbs with the optic. Don't need a second weapon. I'd rather carry more ammo for the AR15, and I really don't want to get that close to a communist.

Renz7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2024
    Phoenix, AZ
    For Walkers I want a .22lr pistol and rifle. Suppressed. My Mk IV and my Ruger 1022 would work fine. Head shots on a walker with a .22 work great.
    I've never given this a thought. Assuming the walkers are like TWD where they also move on sound, a suppressed .22lr rifle would be perfect. Probably the only gun I'd wanna carry.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Reliable AR style in either 556 or 300blk suppressed.

With drones be a “Thing” now, a shotgun with multiple shot shells for anti drone to personal defense.

Shotgun trumps pistol so………

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville

With drones be a “Thing” now, a shotgun with multiple shot shells for anti drone to personal defense.

If I can have ANY two, I’ll take a com radio and a ac-130 gunship. Lol

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    People that are choosing anything chambered in 22lr is kinda baffling to me. I’m not saying it’s not a capable caliber but it’s far from a great option to be left with when you have several other choices.

When I think SHTF I don’t think fair tail scenario like zombies are going to rise from the dead. I think more along the lines of America being invaded. America being invaded is a topic of its own. 5-10 years ago I would have said the chances of that happening are next to 0. With this current administration and our southern border being wide open having BP agents used as transportation agents instead of soldiers guarding our border I’d say the chances are actually a lot higher now. I still don’t think we would ever see an all out SHTF situation like something happening in Ukrainian or other 3rd world countries. I think we already saw our version of SHTF in 2020 with all of the riots and looting taking place. People forget an American city was taken over for months in Washington state.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

I'm not sure I would worry so much about drones. It isn't difficult to fly them higher than a shotgun can reach.

Top Bottom