Illegal carry question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I have a friend who was arrested Saturday night for illegal carry of a firearm at an alcohol establishment. He was outside the strip club waiting on some girls to come out he was picking up and had his gun on him (not concealed). The cop walking out with the girls saw his gun and arrested him. He is in St Helena parish jail right now and being held on a $25k bond.

I was under the impression if you don't go into the alcohol establishment that you weren't breaking the law. Is this a Felony, and does anyone know a good 2nd amendment attorney in that area?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Hugh Sibley is one of the most seasoned Attorneys in Greensburg. 985-229-2244

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Yes I called the jail and asked what he was charged with. Only 1 charge and it is for illegal carrying of a weapon at an alcohol establishment.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Is it illegal to carry into the establishment or anywhere on premises?

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, thanks Bearco.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    §95.5. Possession of firearm on premises of alcoholic beverage outlet

A. No person shall intentionally possess a firearm while on the premises of an alcoholic beverage outlet.

B. "Alcoholic beverage outlet" as used herein means any commercial establishment in which alcoholic beverages of either high or low alcoholic content are sold in individual servings for consumption on the premises, whether or not such sales are a primary or incidental purpose of the business of the establishment.

C. The provisions of this Section shall not apply to the owner or lessee of an alcoholic beverage outlet, or to an employee of such owner or lessee, or to a law enforcement officer or other person vested with law enforcement authority acting in the performance of his official duties.

D. Whoever violates the provisions of this Section shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than six months, or both.

Acts 1985, No. 765, §1.

Sorry, but I like to post the entire text of laws because some people are too lazy to click on the link.

JR1572

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Just looked it up it includes the premises where alcohol is sold for consumption. Sounds like it includes the parking lot. 99% sure it's not a felony.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I think this one covers it.

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78744&showback=

RS 14:95.5

§95.5. Possession of firearm on premises of alcoholic beverage outlet

A. No person shall intentionally possess a firearm while on the premises of an alcoholic beverage outlet.

B. "Alcoholic beverage outlet" as used herein means any commercial establishment in which alcoholic beverages of either high or low alcoholic content are sold in individual servings for consumption on the premises, whether or not such sales are a primary or incidental purpose of the business of the establishment.

C. The provisions of this Section shall not apply to the owner or lessee of an alcoholic beverage outlet, or to an employee of such owner or lessee, or to a law enforcement officer or other person vested with law enforcement authority acting in the performance of his official duties.

D. Whoever violates the provisions of this Section shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than six months, or both.

Acts 1985, No. 765, §1.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    If he didn't act an ass when they arrested him and if he has a clean background I'm sure the DA will work with him.
    No one could really think its a good idea to OC in front of a strip club.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    The jail is telling me he's being charged for "illegal carrying of a firearm at an alcohol establishment." It's a felony and the bond is $25k. St Helena Parish

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom