I'm just sayin'....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Just be thankful you live in the US. I was talking to my cuban buddy about the ER's in Havana and he said he got appendicitis when he was 13 and had to wait two and a half days in the ER because he was 4th in line and they needed 5 people to set up the operating room so the surgeon would operate.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Damn- and here I am complaining about not being able to sleep....:rolleyes:

Hang in there, dude....:(

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    1st time I saw my dad's eyes water was when he was doubled over from a kidney stone. So i could only imagine. Hang in there. He used to be addicted to cokes, drank em all day. After the kidney stone he quit cold turkey. lol

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I feel yer pain as well... 14 times so far and there are 4 or 5 in the que now! Lots of water and Cranberry Juice are your best friends next to the Dilaudid of course!

kidneystone.jpg

It felt like a rusty steel bowling ball covered in spikes! Amazing how much pain something so small can cause. I have dislocated both knees, repeatedly, yet the only time I passed out from pain was from a kidney stone.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I use to work with an ol stump jumper from Miss. Big old boy, 6'8", 250ish.
    Little bitty stone dropped that man to his knees in tears. He was in a ball on the floor when we found him.
    I thank God that I've never had those bad little mf's.

Dilaudid is your friend. ;) :D

Prayers sent & good luck.

Art

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I quit cokes and still get them. They say red meat is also a culprit.

Did the ER bit first time cause I didn't know what was happening. That was 20 years and literally hundreds of them ago. Ditto water and cranberry, flush em before they can grow. You'll find that a tub full of water as hot as you can stand will help immediately, while you wait for the narcotics to kick in.

I've seen interviews with women who've had kids and stones. They say childbirth is a breeze compared.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    I've seen what they can do. I've had gall stones. Not quite the same but stone for stone, kidney stones appear to be worse than gall stones and those were much harder than the kidlets.

Cat

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I have had 8 lithotripseys going back when they put you in a tank of water. Its much better now, technology has come a long way. Stents are still a bi&%$! Find a good urologist that will blast it if its too big to pass. Good luck with it. Any questions pls ask, I know much more about stones than guns.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    A few years ago, my wife had a kidney stone that was so big, the doctor couldn't break it up for her to pass. She ended up having surgery to remove it - they made a 6-inch-plus incision around her side (took her 6 months to recover). The urologist showed me the stone afterward and said it was the biggest one he'd ever seen! It looked like a peach pit with tentacles and was about 1 and a half inches in diameter! :eek4:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've seen what they can do. I've had gall stones. Not quite the same but stone for stone, kidney stones appear to be worse than gall stones and those were much harder than the kidlets.

Cat

Cat, if you don't mind me asking, what were their birth weights? I'm having debate with a female friend that says her 11lb kid beats kidney stones.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    When the doctors ask to rate your pain from 1 to 10 if you can answer him without screamingout 10 from the fetal position on the floor then its probably not a 10. I had a lumbar fusion ( 8 hour surgery) and that was a walk in the park compared to the pain of a 5mm stone. There is a bond among people who have suffered with stones, its something you have to experience to come anywhere close to understanding.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Whew! Now I know how Cat feels the day after a dentist visit! ;):rofl:

I musta been tore up , cuz I don't remember this post! :rofl::rofl:
    That was some crazy schit! One minute I'm sitting at the computer, the next I'm curled into a ball on the floor:wtc:. The onset of blinding pain was as quick as flipping a light switch. I don't wish that on anyone! (Not true, there are a few people I do wish it on. ;)) I'm a mechanic, so I get sliced, diced, burnt, smashed, etc daily. I have a fairly high tolerance of pain. It once took me two weeks to go to the ER to have a finger I broke with a hammer looked at! (dumbass!) So the wife was freaking out when I stumbled out of the bedroom clutching my abdomen saying we need to go to the ER.
    HH, I got the strainer too, but I think I may have already passed it at the hospital. I had taken a leak just before the doc came in to tell me I had stones. One bigun in the left, bunch of littleun's on the right.:( So I'm just using it just in case.
    Thanks for the thoughts everybody!

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Just be thankful you live in the US. I was talking to my cuban buddy about the ER's in Havana and he said he got appendicitis when he was 13 and had to wait two and a half days in the ER because he was 4th in line and they needed 5 people to set up the operating room so the surgeon would operate.

IM-possible! Michael Moore himself has said that Cuba has 5x better health care than we do here in the US! Despite the fact that my stepbro says some vet clinics here have better facilities than the best hospitals in Canada. Moore did an entire documentary on the subject he HAS to be correct!!

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Are y'all taking anything for the stones? They FINALLY put me on Allopurinol and Potassium Citrate to help control my stones after I passed my 14th and they found more waiting. They told me not to worry about the golf ball sized cyst in one kidney...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom