Impressive!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    My wife and I took the CCW course last week at Hot Wells Shooting Range in Cypress, Tx. We were both kind of worried that she might not qualify since she had to use her LC9 and she only put 200 rds through it since new. This was her first time taking the course, but I was renewing since we moved to Texas and my CCP was no longer valid. She scored perfect on the written test ( I missed 1, stupid mistake) and then we went to the range to qualify. 50rds total to shoot at a B27 silhouette: 20rds from 7yds, 20 rds from 10yds, and 10rds from 15yds and minimum score is a 175. She just made it with a score of 175, but that's not the best part. The first 20rds she was all over the place because she is left eye dominant and right handed, so the instructor told her to tilt the weapon to the left 20 degrees and use her left eye. Whaddaya know, I guess it took someone other than me to convince her of that.

Well after we were done I was looking at her gun and the rear sight had come loose and had slid off to the side, so she was using a gun with a very long 8lb trigger pull, 3" bbl, and messed up sights.....and still managed to qualify. Like I said, impressive. Can't wait to see how she does when we trade in that P.O.S. for a decent weapon. Now she wants to take the tactical course, I guess it's in her blood now. I love that woman!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    way to go for gettin her out there man. glad it went well, and congrats.

Mine doesn't listen to me either- but you know what they say "if you can't control your woman, youve got a good one"

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    Cood deal! What kind of tactical classes are in your area? Houston, I am guessing?
    Mainly "real world" situations are taught here at Hot Wells. And yes, Cypress is just northwest of Houston. The instructor there told us that at the end of the first phase of that class, we would be able to shoot his business card in half, turned sideways. That piqued my interest.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Mainly "real world" situations are taught here at Hot Wells. And yes, Cypress is just northwest of Houston. The instructor there told us that at the end of the first phase of that class, we would be able to shoot his business card in half, turned sideways. That piqued my interest.

But from how far?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom