In support of M E M

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    "is more of an anarchist than a crusader for anyone's rights"

That's the best explanation, so far, even if it is opinion ! It frames the controversy more clearly.

leVieux

Hits the nail on the head for me, too.

I don't know what the controversy is. It appears B.Sers consider him eccentric at best and raving nuts as worst.

There's a saying "A blind hog finds an acorn every now and then." Being a nut case doesn't rule out having an occasional good idea.

Anyone who considers DVs as being on welfare doesn't exhibit enough judgement to be taken seriously.
    :squint:

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Just out of curiosity...

I see claims of MEM having this great impact on our RTKBA in Louisiana....

What else is on his resume' besides this one lawsuit that some people feel have had this great positive impact on our rights as gun owners?

Can someone honestly answer this without trying to make it a rhetorical question about what I've done?

Oreo

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Red Stick
    If I remember correctly (and I know I will be corrected if not) he was also responsible for the removal of SSN's from the LA Drivers Lic.

+1 for him.

Dan you have done more to progress second amendment rights in this state than anyone I know. The legislature is the correct venue to do it and you sir know the ins and outs of it. I would like to personally thank you for all of your hard work.

That reminds me renewal inbound.

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Just out of curiosity...

I see claims of MEM having this great impact on our RTKBA in Louisiana....

What else is on his resume' besides this one lawsuit that some people feel have had this great positive impact on our rights as gun owners?

Can someone honestly answer this without trying to make it a rhetorical question about what I've done?

Go do a search on him.

It's an interesting read.

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    I have had some very interesting E-versations (yes it is a word cause I used it in a sentence)with him in the past. I will give you, he is what some would consider an extremist but our founders were considered by many in their time to be extremist. Some today call those same founders terrorists. So in a society where we have professors calling our founders terrorists it is not that unusual to see a bunch of "pro gun guys" bashing a guy for being in your face about something that is totally legal i.e. Open Carry.

I do not agree with everything Mark does but at his core I believe him to be in the the right. We are so afraid of our "Rights" being taken from us that we are willing to bash a guy who stands up for them. Unlike CC Open Carry is a right in the state of Louisiana, I believe the Constitution provides for that. Yet we are so willing to bash him in fear that the Constitution will be changed to the effect we no longer have that right.

Will we be the same way with free speech? Look at what the government is trying to do with the Fairness Doctrine. Will we next start bashing Rush, Hannity, Coulter, and Beck for fear they will limit our free speech?

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    scarjo_popcorn.gif

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I have had some very interesting E-versations (yes it is a word cause I used it in a sentence)with him in the past. I will give you, he is what some would consider an extremist but our founders were considered by many in their time to be extremist. Some today call those same founders terrorists. So in a society where we have professors calling our founders terrorists it is not that unusual to see a bunch of "pro gun guys" bashing a guy for being in your face about something that is totally legal i.e. Open Carry.

I do not agree with everything Mark does but at his core I believe him to be in the the right. We are so afraid of our "Rights" being taken from us that we are willing to bash a guy who stands up for them. Unlike CC Open Carry is a right in the state of Louisiana, I believe the Constitution provides for that. Yet we are so willing to bash him in fear that the Constitution will be changed to the effect we no longer have that right.

Will we be the same way with free speech? Look at what the government is trying to do with the Fairness Doctrine. Will we next start bashing Rush, Hannity, Coulter, and Beck for fear they will limit our free speech?

Way over the heads of many here pal.

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    And his comments to that article are a prime example of why no one takes him seriously....

I am not saying I necessarily agree with what he is saying but I get his thought process.

Why do YOU think his comments are a prime example of why people do not take him seriously and why?

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    And his comments to that article are a prime example of why no one takes him seriously....

Keeping in mind that it is everyones right to have an opinion, no matter how stupid :ohreally:

Your particular statement here is wrong. If you will read all the comments in the Advocate Article you'll see others agree with Marks point on that particular situation.

Reading http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?56480-Should-drugs-be-made-legal might show you that a lot of guys here on BS have the legalize mentality. This would be a good time to let them know what you think of their opinion.

I for one am of the mind that we will never rule peoples personal behavior and choices, we ( as a country, by popular vote ) proved that when we voted Volstead in and, formed or at least greatly increased, the organized crime monster.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA

Keeping in mind that it is everyones right to have an opinion, no matter how stupid :ohreally:
    ....Did I say his opinion was "stupid"? Reading comprehension - it's not that hard really....

Your particular statement here is wrong. If you will read all the comments in the Advocate Article you'll see others agree with Marks point on that particular situation.
    ...And there's others who disagree....but then we're not discussing their comments are we? What's your point? That because Mark thinks it wrong and there's a few people who agree, that he's automatically right in his opinion? Like you said...it's an OPINION....and it's an opinion based on limited supplied facts regarding the situation (so now we have an opinion based on a lot of ASSUMPTIONS)

Reading http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?56480-Should-drugs-be-made-legal might show you that a lot of guys here on BS have the legalize mentality. This would be a good time to let them know what you think of their opinion. What in God's name does that have to do with this discussion? 4 pages of replies - a majority of which are from the same people, including yourself - does not equal "a lot of the guys on here"....plus, I see almost as many replies who do not agree with it...

:rolleyes:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I am not saying I necessarily agree with what he is saying but I get his thought process.

Why do YOU think his comments are a prime example of why people do not take him seriously and why?

Because a majority of his comments regarding this particular situation are based on his opinion - which he's entitled to - and the foundation of his opinions in the particular article are poorly founded in his assumptions of what actually happened as there is little supplied fact in the article....

If a person can give an opinion and supply some actual facts to base it on instead of reading-between-the-lines assumptions then people will be more likely to take that opinion seriously...

Top Bottom