Indiana Court Ruling on Illegal Police Entry of Home

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I just get tired of the one-sided constant bashing of 50% of the entire nation. Yea, I might have never voted for a democrat, but I know some very upstanding people who have/do, and it's ****ing insulting to watch some of the members here (many) go on and on about it. So maybe I'll just start firing back now and then. Tit for tat.

I hear ya, just easy on the loud language and name calling.

That can bring things to an undesired level ;)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I just get tired of the one-sided constant bashing of 50% of the entire nation. Yea, I might have never voted for a democrat, but I know some very upstanding people who have/do, and it's ****ing insulting to watch some of the members here (many) go on and on about it. So maybe I'll just start firing back now and then. Tit for tat.

Lighten up Francis! You of all posters are a constant reminder, at least to me, that you are a staunch Constitutionalist! How can you allow their beliefs or rhetoric to make you angry? Look, BRBrett and Pinky, are constanlty smashed here, and though their points are often blurred by their blind allegiance to their party, they at least throw the **** against the wall to see what sticks.

If you feel you have to defend people many here don't even know, knock yourself out! But your usual poignant retorts will suffer if you get sucked into some of this inane silliness.

And for the third time, he was not talking about the people or party you think he was. At least what I can see.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    My point is there is a difference between protecting from an unknown intruder who may end up being the police, and fighting the police because you do not think they have a right to be there.

I'll be accused of "stirring," but I disagree. I have no wants, warrants or illegalities, so there is absolutely zero reason for someone making a nkw on my residence. After some of the stories in the media in the last few years why would someone like that laydown and submit? From what I've read the best that may happen is they kill my dog while he's running away to hide in his kennel and beat me to a pulp and I spend 18 hours in a holding cell for someone to come in and say "Oh oops, we were supposed to be on the next block over. Sorry, bye. Oh BTW, here's your doorknob. Hopefully no one stole your stuff over night, oh and come back in a month with all your receipts and maybe we will give you your gun back."

I know that's not what happened in *this* case, but similar events have happened.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    "That's why I despise Democrats. "
    "You know....Democrats.......those devoid of personal responsibility, those who have no drive of their own, who parisiticly leech their life sustenance off of the rest of us, those who have no thought process of compassion for the people around them in life, those who think they are owed something just because they exist........and those who facilitate the leeches( those who vote "D")....and those who list a (D) behind their name and provide the vessel for the leeches to survive."

How is that not attacking Democrats and people who vote for Democrats? If he can sling such vile filth at half the nation, then I feel he can take a little back.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    How is that not attacking Democrats and people who vote for Democrats? If he can sling such vile filth at half the nation, then I feel he can take a little back.

Because perception ends up being reality, because reality ends up being what people see. The perception is that the most vocal Democrats are struck by Robin Hood syndrome. And looking at the big multi-billion $ profit Corp.s who pay no taxes, I can understand why.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

So what? Who cares?

Do you want to be their protector al la Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, or would you rather more BS members be Democrats? In ths spirit of debate, I think the latter would be more entertaining and insightful. Look, if someone has an opposing viewpoint, argue the point, back it up with facts, keep the focus on the topic, and win the debate.

If they can't do that, they can steer clear of the threads that have political overtones. There is plenty of gun only realted things on here.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It also has to be taken for what it is, a gross generalization.

And please do not make me edit posts for inappropriate language in the public forums.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I'll be accused of "stirring," but I disagree. I have no wants, warrants or illegalities, so there is absolutely zero reason for someone making a nkw on my residence. After some of the stories in the media in the last few years why would someone like that laydown and submit? From what I've read the best that may happen is they kill my dog while he's running away to hide in his kennel and beat me to a pulp and I spend 18 hours in a holding cell for someone to come in and say "Oh oops, we were supposed to be on the next block over. Sorry, bye. Oh BTW, here's your doorknob. Hopefully no one stole your stuff over night, oh and come back in a month with all your receipts and maybe we will give you your gun back."

I know that's not what happened in *this* case, but similar events have happened.

Based on what you quoted me and your reply, it seems you still are not making the distinction. Everything you said had to do with a no knock. I am talking about warrantless entries. You are talking about two dogs screwing, i am talking about a screwed up dog. ;)

If the police come, knock, have 3 police cars, show ID, in uniform, have their mother verify their identity...etc., but you do not think they have a legal reason to be there and decide to meet their eventual, but UNDENIABLE entry as POLCIE officers with force, that is what I am talking about.

I am not even remotely referring to nokw.

Say the police come, knock and ring the door bell. You peep through your window, see it is the police, know it is the police, and believe in your heart it is the police, but then say to your self, "Self, you are a law abiding citizen, they have no legal reason to be here." They say they are there to investigate something. You say go away. they say no....They say open the door or we are breaking it down........ I seriously cannot paint that picture any brighter.

At the point they make the entry, and because you FEEL they should not be there, you start to resist what YOU THINK is an unlawful entry.....that is what I am talking about.

the no-knock is a whole different beast with its own set of issues, I agree, but that is not what I or the OP have been referring to. People are discussing the warrantless entries, using no-knock scenarios and it does not apply. It is like trying to explain how posi-track works by listing the ingredients in a quiche.

I am just trying to clarify that.

PS. Not worried about you stirring, I am just laughing at the blatant violations of the rules via profanity that I would have gotten at minimum a stern warning for ;) But most likely a ban.
    However, I have received a pass once or twice, so I guess even a democrat should get one every now and then, Besides, if you didn't give them a pass, they would just take yours and give it to someone more deserving... ;)

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    If the police come, knock, have 3 police cars, show ID, in uniform, have their mother verify their identity...etc., but you do not think they have a legal reason to be there and decide to meet their eventual, but UNDENIABLE entry as POLCIE officers with force, that is what I am talking about.

I am not even remotely referring to nokw.

Say the police come, knock and ring the door bell. You peep through your window, see it is the police, know it is the police, and believe in your heart it is the police, but then say to your self, "Self, you are a law abiding citizen, they have no legal reason to be here." They say they are there to investigate something. You say go away. they say no....They say open the door or we are breaking it down........ I seriously cannot paint that picture any brighter.

At the point they make the entry, and because you FEEL they should not be there, you start to resist what YOU THINK is an unlawful entry.....that is what I am talking about.

I understand the difference. In the above scenario I wouldn't refuse to open the door simply because they IDed as police. If however I am told right off the bat that they WILL break down my door if I do not open it and they refuse to show or otherwise admit they have no warrant that's when the problem arises because to me that's when I believe that they are either lying about being the police, or said police are doing something wrong or shady. If you have reason enough to believe that there is something happening at my residence that warrants breaking in w/o a warrant, then you certainly should be 1000% sure you have the proper house.

Where is the blatant profanity in my first reply?

Domestic violence is no excuse to violate the Constitution

I have to disagree with that as well. If I as a LEO or not heard someone being beaten to death inside a house, I'd likely go in. I'm not going to wait for a warrant while some dirtbag like the one form Pierre Part kills his ex because she decided the beatings weren't worth the the companionship.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I understand the difference. In the above scenario I wouldn't refuse to open the door simply because they IDed as police. If however I am told right off the bat that they WILL break down my door if I do not open it and they refuse to show or otherwise admit they have no warrant that's when the problem arises because to me that's when I believe that they are either lying about being the police, or said police are doing something wrong or shady. If you have reason enough to believe that there is something happening at my residence that warrants breaking in w/o a warrant, then you certainly should be 1000% sure you have the proper house.

Come on man...not really the police, shady? Surely if that lengthy of an exchange was going on, not to mention I specifically said you KNOW they are the police. WHatever, you guys will come up with whatever scenario you want to fit what you want to do.

Fact remains, the cops come to your house and you resist....you will lose on multiple levels. SOme you will be compensated for if you are right, and some you can never be compensated for...like your brains splattered on the ceiling fan.

There is a lot of internet bravado about what people would/could/should do, when we all know that it is not that difficult to tell who the police are tye the INSANELY one sided example I gave.

READ THE OP..... what would you have done in tat situation? Instead of all of us making up fairy tale examples, use one that really happened. WOuld you have opened the door?

Read the New USSC case I posted. That is what I am referring to.

Put it to you this way. If you have time to sit there and make a decision...it is probably the police. Criminals are not really too patient and forthcoming with discussion.

The collective irrationality here is sometimes scary.

Where is the blatant profanity in my first reply?

Not you, I was referring to the Democrat... the people's party. ;)

I have to disagree with that as well. If I as a LEO or not heard someone being beaten to death inside a house, I'd likely go in. I'm not going to wait for a warrant while some dirtbag like the one form Pierre Part kills his ex because she decided the beatings weren't worth the the companionship.

How about this. Police come to your house at 2AM. They ring the door bell and you look out the window. Everything in your soul tells you they infact are the police (for the sake of this example, they are infact the police. Full time guys, not reserves). They tell you they got a 911 call from inside your house saying someone was being held against their will.

You know there is no one in your house but you. They say they have to check. You say no. They say yes. You say "Am I being detained...." ;) 1423 times.

Ignore any illusions of they cannot do this, that, etc. DO not get wrapped around the axle on this. Keep it simple.

They want in for what they truly believe is a legitimate threat on someon's life. You KNOW that is not the case. They say open the door or we are coming in....THAT IS A WARRANTLESS ENTRY...one of many examples of howone may go down.

You say F that, and get your gun. They kick in the door. You start shooting because this is an illegal entry of the governement in your OPINON, and that is what the 2A is for by God.

THey smoke you..... You lose

They Tase you, you go to jail. ... You lose

You lose, even though no one was there against their will.

None of that has anything to dow ith masked men pretending to be cops. They ARE the cops. You do not think they have a right to be there. they think they do.

One question...

Are you saying you can legally use force, up to and including deadly force, to repel them.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    The Court has prepared the way for the complete removal of a citizens constitutional rights, so that when the SHTF, and a massive rush by the Govt. to take away everyones firearms, the citizens can be trampled upon at will.

Already happened. Remember New Orleans after Katrina?

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    How about this. Police come to your house at 2AM. They ring the door bell and you look out the window. Everything in your soul tells you they infact are the police (for the sake of this example, they are infact the police. Full time guys, not reserves). They tell you they got a 911 call from inside your house saying someone was being held against their will.

Well that exact scenario is completely moot because I would'nt refuse that. Not only that, *I* at *my* residence would be alerted to their presence and watching them before they ever got to the door and already on the phone with 911 myself.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS

I just get tired of people continuing to think there is a difference between the two.......:rofl:.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Well that exact scenario is completely moot because I would'nt refuse that. Not only that, *I* at *my* residence would be alerted to their presence and watching them before they ever got to the door and already on the phone with 911 myself.

That is a good point. if I am talking to them at the door or see them outside approaching in a non puppy-killing manner, and I have doubts, I would call 911 immediately.

If they are there for a compalint or something, no reasonable LEO is going to kick your door down if you say, "One sec, I am on the phone with 911 confirmingyou are actually the police."

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Already happened. Remember New Orleans after Katrina?

That doesn't even make sense seeing as how "the government" already said the Katrina incident was wrong and "not allowed". Kinda shooting themselves in the foot if they are trying to pave the way for a gun grab huh? :rolleyes:

Come on guys, I am not a big fan of the gubment either... but there are enough legitimate dumb things they do that we do not have to draw imaginary references.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    That doesn't even make sense seeing as how "the government" already said the Katrina incident was wrong and "not allowed". Kinda shooting themselves in the foot if they are trying to pave the way for a gun grab huh? :rolleyes:

Come on guys, I am not a big fan of the gubment either... but there are enough legitimate dumb things they do that we do not have to draw imaginary references.
    :mamoru:
    Katrina: Giving mall-ninjas wet dreams that maybe one day they can shoot a cop and get away with it.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    :mamoru:
    Katrina: Giving mall-ninjas wet dreams that maybe one day they can shoot a cop and get away with it.

i-bTzRctZ-M.png

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell

The half of the nation that votes Democrat is where the problems originate. They are blind to what is happening today. Most elder folks around here still consider themselves Democrats, because that is what the conservative party USED to be called. That is not the case today. The Democrat party is unravelling the fiber of the USA as it was created. Myself, I want my old country back. I want to believe in the populas, but look at what is out there. Not a pretty sight. Maybe where you came from it wasn't this way, but it sure is here.

If calling out those who vote "D" and hopefully getting them to open their eyes to reality, I've done my civic duty.

The Democrat party, as we now know it, is a CANCER on society, and it needs fixed or replaced. That is your job.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom