Insanity / P90X

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Has anyone tried either of the aforementioned Beachbody products? Results? I have done one round of P90X and am working on Insanity now :) Insanity is awesome for cutting fat and getting in good shape, and P90X is awesome for putting on muscle! I'd like to hear some success stories!!

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Did 2 weeks of Insanity and couldn't hardly walk beams at work anymore so I stopped. Now that I have a desk job I've been thinking hard about trying it again..... I just news to get my lazy ass motivated!

Good luck!

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    P90 works well but it get monotonous by the time the 90 days is up. If you do it and are in poor physical condition ease into to it so you don't pull something. Nothing wrong with hitting pause when you have too. Do the warm up.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    P90 works well but it get monotonous by the time the 90 days is up. If you do it and are in poor physical condition ease into to it so you don't pull something. Nothing wrong with hitting pause when you have too. Do the warm up.
    Very true. I highly recommend hitting the pause button to do more or less than Tony does. Another way to make it better is to skip through him talking (he really babbles a lot!). I just finished another Fit Test for Insanity and my numbers are growing :)

The way the Fit Tests are handled in Insanity are much better than in the X. Doing one every two weeks is a great motivational tool to show yourself that you really are progressing. My advise to everyone is to go hard and not give up...the results will come!

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Completed P90X once 2 years ago. Lost 26 pounds and felt great by the end of it. 2 years, lots of bad habits, and +40 pounds later, I decided to try again. Started week 6 today. On day one, I weight in at 240#, weighed in at 222# this morning. I've got insanity too and I supplement with it when I feel like doing an extra workout (once or twice per week). Plan is to complete this round, and then pick up P90X2. Good programs. I definitely recommend following the diet. Sucks at first, but eventually you start to like it.

cableguy

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    This starts my fourth week of Insanity. I love it. Finally starting to notice a little difference. Most of it is proper diet IMO. But Insanity is amazing cardio and will kick you arse.

Joel.L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    It works, but there are far more productive ways to get there. I did 2 runs of p90x and got pretty good results. I also thought that dork tony horton was pretty funny lol, but i mean an hour a day who really has the time.

I started Kettlebells. They knock out cardio and strength in half the time. Swing a big piece of iron for 30 minutes. Its old proven and no cheesy dvds. Ive never been stronger.

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It works, but there are far more productive ways to get there. I did 2 runs of p90x and got pretty good results. I also thought that dork tony horton was pretty funny lol, but i mean an hour a day who really has the time.

I started Kettlebells. They knock out cardio and strength in half the time. Swing a big piece of iron for 30 minutes. Its old proven and no cheesy dvds. Ive never been stronger.

Beat me to it. Kettle bells are far superior than P90x or whatever other gimicky videos they have out right now.

Biggest thing is to stop eating food that's bad for you.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    This starts my fourth week of Insanity. I love it. Finally starting to notice a little difference. Most of it is proper diet IMO. But Insanity is amazing cardio and will kick you arse.
    I'd be interested in seeing your Fit Test sheet if you would be interested in sharing :)

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Ashley did P90X and lost weight. She started crossfit and got in shape. Pick up heavy things. If that gets too easy, pick up heavier things faster.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I liked P90x. I did it four years ago. I followed the diet mostly and lost about 30lbs. Now I'm back to Pre P90x weight and am going to do it again. I'm actually preparing for it this time though. When I started it Last time, the Warm Ups were difficult to complete lol. After week 4 I was rolling with the videos for everything except the chin-ups (no way to secure a bar in my house).
    I recommend it as a fun alternative to the gym, nothing more though.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I did a round of P90X and lost 50lbs. Didnt even know I had that much to loose. It was tough but I stuck with it and did it. If you do them and eat right you WILL see results. I started P90X a couple times since but have not stuck with it. I have put back on some of the weight but not all. I need to start another round of it....but it really takes a total commitment and I just have to get my mindset back right.

cableguy

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'd be interested in seeing your Fit Test sheet if you would be interested in sharing :)

I will have to snap a pic of it at work later today. Feel a lot better since I've adjusted my diet and my ability to do more is noticeable. I will admit, I felt like a douche when I started; and it does have the "gimmick" appeal to it but its working so far for me. Just that one last hurdle...cigarettes.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I think Hitman is on his 103rd round of P90X or something. Use the search function. I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

:p

It’s actually been a while but still have the set.

Kettle bells are far superior than P90x or whatever other gimicky videos they have out right now.

:mamoru: ok ...

Makes no sense. P90x is an entire full body workout program with support, a fan base and a diet plan.

You can't just go to Wal-mart pick up some Kettle bells, come home, start slinging them around and even come close to getting to the same fitness level as following P90x. Kettle bells are great and will whip your ass, but unless you have a good diet plan and are following someone's extensive program you're not going to get far...as usual.

Neither should be compared to each other really, they're simply not the same. :confused:

P90x = Complete Top to Bottom Program
    Kettle Bells = Weight

does not compute...
    pardon.gif

Anyway Insanity is off the chain. TORCHED is a good word for what you feel like afterwards.

It’s not a muscle builder but it will definitely get your muscles and cardio up to par.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I did a round of Insanity with the wife a couple years ago. It was a great way to get into fitness, and it was great for keeping us motivated. I saw a lot more results, a lot faster when I started lifting weights at the gym though.

Plus doing the same workouts and watching the same videos got kind of monotonous for me. But then I just trained for a marathon, so I'm probably full of ****.

She still does Insanity regularly and I like what it does for her :boink: I can't wait to get back to the gym though.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I did a round of Insanity with the wife a couple years ago. It was a great way to get into fitness, and it was great for keeping us motivated. I saw a lot more results, a lot faster when I started lifting weights at the gym though.

Plus doing the same workouts and watching the same videos got kind of monotonous for me. But then I just trained for a marathon, so I'm probably full of ****.

She still does Insanity regularly and I like what it does for her :boink: I can't wait to get back to the gym though.

Right on!

Fitness in one sentence = Plant based diet, lifting weight and cardio 1-2 times a week.

P90x(CLASSIC) 1st Rounder’s can shred fat and add muscle, if the Diet is right!

It's hard to beat Gym/Cross fit Type workouts that are more heavy on the Muscle Addition and less on the Cardio when it comes to shredding fat.

New muscle is fats worst enemy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom