Insanity / P90X

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Crossfit has thousands of workouts posted, and the majority of the can be completed with a Barbell/weights, pull up bar and jump rope. You could do dips just about anywhere, on a couple of kitchen chairs. A box would come in handy, and a medicine ball, both can be made for less than $30 each. Almost every exercise has something you could sub it with if you don't have the equipment.

We started learning about jump rope at our last Crossfit Foundation class. Fat white guys can't jump rope! (Well at least not this one)

mothrgoosr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Yea DVD's are fun and do well to teach but they can become redundant and restrictive. It's not for everyone.

I'll look up some programs and books later.

Is it possible for you to join a gym? money wise? I'd be looking at saving the money on DVD's and joining a Cross Fit Gym.

In fact, I'd hit up kcinnick and now you have a partner :D

Hah! Money isn't as much of an issue as time and convenience of being able to workout at home. Crossfit is very appealing, but still too equipment intensive for what I want right now. I would have to be substituting so often and finding alternatives that I wouldn't feel like I was following the "program". I am looking for a program with p90x level of required equipment that I can do at home (doesn't have to be on DVD though). I may just have to fork over the money and buy p90x.:doh:

Last edited:

mothrgoosr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    If @Home DVD's is the way you want to go and you are eyeing P90x, before you jump take a look at the other BeachBody Programs to make sure you get the one you need.

On the right side of the page you can click the links for what type of program you are looking for.

http://www.beachbody.com/category/fitness_programs/all-fitness-programs.do

In that case, it looks like Brazil Butt lift might be my choice. Coached by, ""Brazilian Butt Master" Leandro Carvalho" hahaha

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I'm a 47 year old fat guy. My wife and I started Crossfit two weeks ago and I love it. It kicks my ass and makes me feel like an uncoordinated goober but when it is over all I want to do is come back.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Hah! Money isn't as much of an issue as time and convenience of being able to workout at home. Crossfit is very appealing, but still too equipment intensive for what I want right now. I would have to be substituting so often and finding alternatives that I wouldn't feel like I was following the "program". I am looking for a program with p90x level of required equipment that I can do at home (doesn't have to be on DVD though). I may just have to fork over the money and buy p90x.:doh:

It can pretty easily be obtained for free. I'll leave it at that.

Top Bottom