Interesting Message to Muslims

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I agree with him.

Was surprised to hear him mention the Armenian genocide. Most people haven't even heard of Armenia. They're all Armenian on my mom's side.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    If he's speaking directly to the ones screaming and burning then I agree with him.

If he is referring to Muslims across the spectrum then I think he needs to rethink his opinion.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I agree with him.

Was surprised to hear him mention the Armenian genocide. Most people haven't even heard of Armenia. They're all Armenian on my mom's side.

Well, the Armenians must have done something to deserve that, what did they do to the gentle peace loving Muslims?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    If he's speaking directly to the ones screaming and burning then I agree with him.

If he is referring to Muslims across the spectrum then I think he needs to rethink his opinion.
    I think it's the latter due to him calling Islam a crime against humanity.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    I read a lot of support for the religion of Islam, but where are the majority of Muslims coming out and denouncing the actions of these radical islamists?

I have not heard, seen or read a single thing from any "peaceful Muslims" Where are they?

I don't try to discount the stories from the members of our military of the Muslims they've fought side by side with and trust and respect, but it sure seems like there's way more pro-muslim support in this country than there is American support there.

Butrbal

Rok Out Whit Ya Glock Out
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Prairieville

Why would he need to rethink his opinion?

If a person calls themselves a Muslim, lines themselves up with the Nation of Islam and goes by the teachings of the Koran then why should they not be grouped together with the ones that are screaming and burning?

Butrbal

Rok Out Whit Ya Glock Out
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Prairieville
    I read a lot of support for the religion of Islam, but where are the majority of Muslims coming out and denouncing the actions of these radical islamists?

I have not heard, seen or read a single thing from any "peaceful Muslims" Where are they?

I don't try to discount the stories from the members of our military of the Muslims they've fought side by side with and trust and respect, but it sure seems like there's way more pro-muslim support in this country than there is American support there.

Who are these "peaceful Muslims" you speak of?
    Are there Muslims that don't live by the Koran?
    How can a person live by the Koran and still call themselves peaceful?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Can Islam really not be considered a race? Jewish is a race.
    Aside from the Supreme Court ruling it as a religion to stop discrimination there is no reason to consider "Jewish" a race.

From someone more well spoken than I am.
    Race is a genetic distinction, and refers to people with shared ancestry and shared genetic traits. You can't change your race it's in your DNA. I could never become black or Asian no matter how much I might want to.

Common ancestry is not required to be a Jew. Many Jews worldwide share common ancestry, as shown by genetic however, you can be a Jew without sharing this common ancestry, for example, by converting. Thus, although I could never become black or Asian, blacks and Asians have become Jews (Sammy Davis Jr. and Connie Chung).

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

If a person calls themselves a Muslim, lines themselves up with the Nation of Islam and goes by the teachings of the Koran then why should they not be grouped together with the ones that are screaming and burning?

Are you a Christian? If so, you should be associated with the murders or the crusades, the men bombing churches during integration, the inquisition, the Salem witch hunts, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Who are these "peaceful Muslims" you speak of?
    Are there Muslims that don't live by the Koran?
    How can a person live by the Koran and still call themselves peaceful?
    People do it every day, have you met anyone who lives by the Quran? Do you know any Muslims?

I just want to expand on this point a little bit.

I think one of the biggest issues affecting the freedom of our firearms is the perception of the gun owning community by those who have very limited information, who base their decisions on clearly false stereotypes, and who believe everything the media tells them. They believe we are all backwoods hillbillies, we have ego issues which we supplement with firearms, and that we are racists. While these stereotypes are true for a small percentage of the gun owning community, we all(hopefully) know that these things are a rarity.

These same types of assumptions, stereotypes and general ignorance, are what many of those stereotypical gun owners use to make claims against Muslims and the religion of Islam. They claim that an entire religion and race should be associated with the actions of radicals. These people do the exact same thing that they rail against, when they say the general public is uninformed about guns and are talking out of their asses. While I understand that there will always be stupid people, I don't understand how in our age, the age of information, people are so willing to remain ignorant to the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Christians' prophet teaches to love our enemies and Christians who practice violence are an aberration.

Muslims' prophet teaches to kill or enslave their enemies and Muslims who do not practice violence are an aberration.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell

Do you group all Baptists in with the Westboro Baptist guys?

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Are you a Christian? If so, you should be associated with the murders or the crusades, the men bombing churches during integration, the inquisition, the Salem witch hunts, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Those things happened hundreds of years ago. While not condoning them (it was horrific and wrong) you don't see Christians rioting every, single day on TV and yelling "Death to Islam!!!" while cutting off people's heads. Are you a muslim?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I'm watching the riots in Pakistan. 19 dead. Some say they are willing to die for the prophet. They are destroying shops, cinemas, and other businesses. Let's make another movie. Maybe they will nuke themselves. What a bunch of idiots. Many rioting haven't even seen the movie. :rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom