Interesting Message to Muslims

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I know, I was around then. It was racially motivated, not religiously motivated so much. Racism and bigotry not blind hatred fueled by religious/ideological intolerance. Just so you know.

But I think it would be very hard to argue that the actions of people who can't read the quran are motivated by religion, as opposed to the manipulation of others. I never said those actions were based on christian religion, I said that associating all muslims with the actions of a few is a flawed concept, considering we cant associate all Christians with the actions of a few.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I don't think education level is relevant. The tenets of both faiths hold true regardless of intelligence.

Jesus fed, healed and forgave sinners.

Muhammed tortured, maimed and killed sinners.

I can't find ANY common ground.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    I read a lot of support for the religion of Islam, but where are the majority of Muslims coming out and denouncing the actions of these radical islamists?

I have not heard, seen or read a single thing from any "peaceful Muslims" Where are they?

I don't try to discount the stories from the members of our military of the Muslims they've fought side by side with and trust and respect, but it sure seems like there's way more pro-muslim support in this country than there is American support there.
    well said cuz. I wish that guy would give his next speech to ACORN, the BPP and supporters..

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    In short our first president to deal with the radical Islamist was Thomas Jefferson. Muslim pirates were plundering our trading ships and causing all kind of grief. The first attempt to get them to stop was to pay them bribes to let our ship sail free. The problem is that the price kept going up and up until it was almost was the entire treasury. Jefferson secured a copy of the Koran and studied it cover to cover and realized that their religion gave them no room to allow non believers to sail free. The U S navy was created to engage the Barbary pirates and defeat them so that our ships would no longer be plundered. You have heard the Line "from the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli" the shores of Tripoli is where we defeated the Barbary Pirates (radical Islamist) and nothing much has changed with them. This was off the top of my head so if some of this is not exactly as it happened it is close.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    So then why were their hands not cut off as punishment for being thieves? Perhaps because they were not preying on fellow Muslims, hence it was not considered to be theft since infidels are not considered to be people.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Your post really confuses me, you said unlike the Koran, but never gave a contrast. It would be hard to produce that example, since guns and bombs weren't in the bible, however I can give you a very quick link to wikipedia, which has recent examples of violence conducted by christian groups in the name of god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#United_States

As far as my comment regarding the age of information, I wouldn't really consider the "islamic barbarians" to be included in that. If the term barbarian doesn't make it obvious enough, their lack of internet, electricity, running water, common place mud huts, etc. should make it abundantly clear their access to information is limited.

Today some Christian groups commit violent acts. However, it is not the norm or as prevalent in Christian based societies. The Muslim violence appears to be more common and wide spread throughout their religion/society. But what can you expect from a society dumbed down to the beginning of the last century and censored by it's government to control the masses. Then they are exploited for political reasons. Wait! we have that here. They are called Democrats...

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    PAT CONDELL FOR PRESIDENT
    I dont care about the Bible or the toilet paper called the quran. I can respect the Bible not a book that should be burned such as the quran. This is not about religion for me. muslims are people of violence. In todays world, other religions dont go aroud killing others because they have different beliefs. I never have, do not now, and never will trust anyone who calls themselves a muslim. They are all nothing more than hate filled terrorists. Not being a religious person, I will still fight along side any religion against our common enemy of islam.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Just a side note,... You never hear Barack Obama talking about how those radical Islamist stubbornly cling to their guns and religion. Just sayin.
    That's probably because they are in a different country.

Today some Christian groups commit violent acts. However, it is not the norm or as prevalent in Christian based societies. The Muslim violence appears to be more common and wide spread throughout their religion/society. But what can you expect from a society dumbed down to the beginning of the last century and censored by it's government to control the masses. Then they are exploited for political reasons. Wait! we have that here. They are called Democrats...

And that is my whole point, I don't think the issue is as much religion as it is based on their society, government, education, and general living situation. Our country has plenty of violent mobs and the vast majority of them involve people who are below average in education, income, and influenced by less than honorable leaders.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA

And if the current political trend continues here we will be in the same boat as the muslims in the years to come.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    So, guys, what did Pat say in the video that was wrong?

I say, "not one damn thing!" It may as well have been me saying it.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    And that is my whole point, I don't think the issue is as much religion as it is based on their society, government, education, and general living situation.

I am not seeking strife, but I'm fascinated by your apologetics regarding Islam. Mind telling me your connection?

I see an effort to draw moral relativism between Christianity and Islam by marginalizing the civilizing influence of the one and the barbarity of the other.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I am not seeking strife, but I'm fascinated by your apologetics regarding Islam. Mind telling me your connection?

I see an effort to draw moral relativism between Christianity and Islam by marginalizing the civilizing influence of the one and the barbarity of the other.
    I would hardly consider thinking that being dirt poor and ignorant, is more important in the way societies act than religion, apologetics.

Do you think that the success of civilized nations is due to Christianity alone?

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    No, sir. Not at all.

I am only discussing the guiding philosophy of two diametrically opposed spiritual systems. I have labored to avoid condemning the followers of either, but to shed light on vastly differing motivators, completely independent of socio-economic factors.

However, I believe I have exhausted the argument, and to continue would be kicking a dead horse.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom