Interesting Message to Muslims

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I'm watching the riots in Pakistan. 19 dead. Some say they are willing to die for the prophet. They are destroying shops, cinemas, and other businesses. Let's make another movie. Maybe they will nuke themselves. What a bunch of idiots. Many rioting haven't even seen the movie. :rolleyes:

Excellent idea! And I think MOST, not just many, haven't seen the movie. They just saw the protest du jour and hopped in.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I think it's safe to say that if most (if not all) of the military/contractors on this board who have had their toes in the sand say that not all (or even most) Muslims are like that you can pretty much believe them. Just sayin.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Those things happened hundreds of years ago. While not condoning them (it was horrific and wrong) you don't see Christians rioting every, single day on TV and yelling "Death to Islam!!!" while cutting off people's heads. Are you a muslim?
    Not in the least. I simply try to apply logic and reason to issues.

I think that the decrease in christian violence corresponds directly to the increase in knowledge, information, and advancements in our societies. I also think many of our opinions advanced due to the exposure to others and did so with time. I think this largely explains the violence we see in undeveloped middle eastern countries, and the lack of violence we see in developed middle eastern countries and cities. The vast majority of people in middle eastern countries can't read, thus their interpretation of the Quran is based on what someone else tells them. If this person wants them to do something, it is pretty easy for them to tell them this is what Allah wants them to do and if they don't do it they will burn in the fire. They have no way of being able to compare their interpretation with that of others, because they can't read it to interpret it. I also think that their relative isolation hasn't given them the time to slowly accept the differences of others. Hell it took America two centuries to recognize blacks are equal to whites and almost the same amount of time for women.

Oh and the civil rights movement wasn't hundreds of years ago. Just so you know.

Last edited:

Butrbal

Rok Out Whit Ya Glock Out
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Prairieville
    Do you group all Baptists in with the Westboro Baptist guys?
    Are you a Christian? If so, you should be associated with the murders or the crusades, the men bombing churches during integration, the inquisition, the Salem witch hunts, etc. etc. etc. etc.

I don't understand how in our age, the age of information, people are so willing to remain ignorant to the rest of the world.

Unlike the Koran that gives specific instruction to commit violent action upon other people who are non believers in Mohammad's Islam, which is happening in today's time, and since this is the "age of information" as you say and we are supposed to be rational individuals, not Islamic barbarians that beat and rape their women because the Koran says they can, show us an example of an action from a christian in today's time, the "age of information", where the literal interpretation of the Bible resulted in harm to another person that did not agree with the Bible.

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    I like this guy.

While I don't particularly care what anyone decides to believe in within the confines of their property or religious center, I agree 100% on what this guy's saying when it comes to anyone opening their mouth about their religion to those that are not part of it. This includes Islam, all Christian sects, Buddhism, etc, etc.

If you're trying to get me on your side, it will only push me away further. I only wish more people would follow suit.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    Who are these "peaceful Muslims" you speak of?
    Are there Muslims that don't live by the Koran?
    How can a person live by the Koran and still call themselves peaceful?

I've heard rumors of people in the muslim religion that do not condone the actions of radical muslims. Thats why I call them peaceful, but then again, it is just a rumor. There aren't too many Muslim members on BS that speak out against it.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Unlike the Koran that gives specific instruction to commit violent action upon other people who are non believers in Mohammad's Islam, which is happening in today's time, and since this is the "age of information" as you say and we are supposed to be rational individuals, not Islamic barbarians that beat and rape their women because the Koran says they can, show us an example of an action from a christian in today's time, the "age of information", where the literal interpretation of the Bible resulted in harm to another person that did not agree with the Bible.

Your post really confuses me, you said unlike the Koran, but never gave a contrast. It would be hard to produce that example, since guns and bombs weren't in the bible, however I can give you a very quick link to wikipedia, which has recent examples of violence conducted by christian groups in the name of god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#United_States

As far as my comment regarding the age of information, I wouldn't really consider the "islamic barbarians" to be included in that. If the term barbarian doesn't make it obvious enough, their lack of internet, electricity, running water, common place mud huts, etc. should make it abundantly clear their access to information is limited.

Last edited:

Butrbal

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Prairieville
    Christians' prophet teaches to love our enemies and Christians who practice violence are an aberration.

Muslims' prophet teaches to kill or enslave their enemies and Muslims who do not practice violence are an aberration.

My point exactly, Thanks Leonidas

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Christians' prophet teaches to love our enemies and Christians who practice violence are an aberration.

Muslims' prophet teaches to kill or enslave their enemies and Muslims who do not practice violence are an aberration.

I would think that if the majority of a 1,000,000,000 person group was prone to cutting off heads over practically nothing, there would either be a lot less of us or a lot less of them.

Butrbal

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Prairieville
    Your post really confuses me, you said unlike the Koran, but never gave a contrast. It would be hard to produce that example, since guns and bombs weren't in the bible, however I can give you a very quick link to wikipedia, which has recent examples of violence conducted by christian groups in the name of god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#United_States
    Let me make this a little easier for you NOLA_Jack, only read what is not lined out and respond accordingly;

I'm not talking about the actions carried out "in the name of". That is some peoples way of justifying their own stupid behavior.

Show us where the literal interpretation of the Bible resulted in harm to another person that did not agree with the Bible.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I would be more comfortable if we limit that challenge to the New Testament, considering that is the operative covenant defining the Christian's life.

I believe most of the behavior oft used to impeach the honor of the Christian faith, is directly attributable to the misguided and uninformed application of Old Testament passages which are no longer condoned as practice for the Christian walk. I'm not so sure those folks actually are Christians. But, that is between them and God. I am not empowered to judge their eternal situation, only their fruits.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    The radicals are destroying private businesses, running off tourists, and ruining what economies those people have over there. These people are destroying their infrastructure burning and looting everything in sight. But no worry my friends. Uncle Sam will give them Billions so they can rebuild. After all this is all America's fault.

http://www.eturbonews.com/27420/egypt-tourism-decline-much-larger-government-reports

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Let me make this a little easier for you NOLA_Jack, only read what is not lined out and respond accordingly;

I'm not talking about the actions carried out "in the name of". That is some peoples way of justifying their own stupid behavior.

Show us where the literal interpretation of the Bible resulted in harm to another person that did not agree with the Bible.
    Leviticus 20:13: "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Violence against gays.

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    Leviticus 20:13: "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

My BS Brothers, this is a no win augument. Let it go, please, religion and politics, reminds me of many a Thanksgivings gathering years ago. :cool:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I agree with him.

Was surprised to hear him mention the Armenian genocide. Most people haven't even heard of Armenia. They're all Armenian on my mom's side.

The Turks massacred Armenians. They were secular. They did it to etnically cleanse a territory they annexed. Kind of like us and the Sioux.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    The Turks massacred Armenians. They were secular. They did it to etnically cleanse a territory they annexed. Kind of like us and the Sioux.

I actually had an Armenian patient in her 80's. She told me what she could remember of the massacres. She said her father and brother were executed. They went after the educated people first according to her. She also said to never surrender your firearms. NEVER!

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I think it's safe to say that if most (if not all) of the military/contractors on this board who have had their toes in the sand say that not all (or even most) Muslims are like that you can pretty much believe them. Just sayin.
    And what do y'all know? It's not like you have actually met people there or anything......

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Not in the least. I simply try to apply logic and reason to issues.

I think that the decrease in christian violence corresponds directly to the increase in knowledge, information, and advancements in our societies. I also think many of our opinions advanced due to the exposure to others and did so with time. I think this largely explains the violence we see in undeveloped middle eastern countries, and the lack of violence we see in developed middle eastern countries and cities. The vast majority of people in middle eastern countries can't read, thus their interpretation of the Quran is based on what someone else tells them. If this person wants them to do something, it is pretty easy for them to tell them this is what Allah wants them to do and if they don't do it they will burn in the fire. They have no way of being able to compare their interpretation with that of others, because they can't read it to interpret it. I also think that their relative isolation hasn't given them the time to slowly accept the differences of others. Hell it took America two centuries to recognize blacks are equal to whites and almost the same amount of time for women.

Oh and the civil rights movement wasn't hundreds of years ago. Just so you know.

Excellent post and spot on people.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I think that the decrease in christian violence corresponds directly to the increase in knowledge, information, and advancements in our societies.

Valid point and on that we agree. It's tough to argue science with a Bronze-Age devotee.

I know, I was around then. It was racially motivated, not religiously motivated so much. Racism and bigotry not blind hatred fueled by religious/ideological intolerance. Just so you know. [/QUOTE]

Top Bottom