Introducing the Ruger 10/22 Takedown

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishingFool

Calls the shot
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Metairie
    sell it and buy the new one :)

I can't wait for the aftermarket options to start springing up. I hope tacsol will make a 16" ultralight iron sighted barrels to match this soon.

Hey Spleen, do you wanna go out to the range and test how well it holds zero? We can use my scope if you have an extra set of rings lying around.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I wish there was a way to make my 10/22 a take down rifle.

JR1572

There is. I don't have the links, but when I was researching a 1022 build a while back, I came across a receiver that was threaded instead of smooth/v-block. Of course, by the time you bought the receiver, barrel and modified a stock, you'd be better off & cheaper dropping the $300 for the factory version.

It's gonna be interesting to see what accessories hit the market in the coming months....

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    There is. I don't have the links, but when I was researching a 1022 build a while back, I came across a receiver that was threaded instead of smooth/v-block. Of course, by the time you bought the receiver, barrel and modified a stock, you'd be better off & cheaper dropping the $300 for the factory version.

It's gonna be interesting to see what accessories hit the market in the coming months....

I may try that AGP kit. I have a 10/22 that I want to switch up into something very lightweight.

JR1572

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    I want one, too. If anyone sees any for around $300 locally please let me know. I don't have to have it right now so I can wait until the price stabilizes. I saw one at the gun show for $350 but I wasn't ready to pay that much.

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    FishingFool,

Sure thing. Can do this Monday.
    Have rings for a 1" tube.

Just let me know.

sell it and buy the new one :)

I can't wait for the aftermarket options to start springing up. I hope tacsol will make a 16" ultralight iron sighted barrels to match this soon.

Hey Spleen, do you wanna go out to the range and test how well it holds zero? We can use my scope if you have an extra set of rings lying around.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    If anyone is looking for one of these, and is going to the Gonzales gun show on Sunday, check with Dave at the Gunsports table.

He told me he either had one of these come in or one is on its way to him next week.

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    By the way, the ingenious design of the Ruger TD is such that you cannot possibly insert the barrel from the wrong side.
    I know, sounds impossible but it is true.
    Browning ATD suffers from this, and Marlin Papoose, while you can't place the barrel in incorrectly due to a locking tab, you have to screw it down.
    (The Papoose takes a bit of work to properly install the barrel although there is no wrong side to worry about. The ATD, if tuned properly, is immediate in locking the barrel in but suffers from issues if you start at the incorrect side, as well as being influenced by routine cleaning issues.)

Kind of a Browning meets Marlin design.

Last edited:

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Has anyone expressed christmas-like giddyness regarding looking forward to aftermarket accessories?

Folding stocks. Slim forearms. Collapsible stocks. Hollowed out stocks. Pistol grips. Forearm rails. etc...

Just when I thought I was finished with the 1022.
    Damn Ruger. Damn them to hades.

Top Bottom