Is Banning Gay Marriage Constitutional?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Most of my friends are gay or lesbian. They have yet to try and turn me gay, and they respect my choices just as I respect theirs.

Of all the things to worry about, this should be one of the last things on the list.

If people would learn to just not sweat the small stuff, and live their lives the best that THEY can, then the world would be a better place.

DAVE

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Happy? Content? These are spiritual states of mind(Un-Natrualistic) not benefits of a forward moving species.

In nature, how does homosexuality benefit the human race?

And Paul Animals do this why? The answer to that doesn't even match up at all with why humans are doing it. Wonder why that is ... Are we different from animals?

:rolleyes: Not even going to continue wasting my time.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    While I love discussions like this, I'll just throw out this little tidbit.

Homosexuality can be found in over 1500 animal species and is thoroughly documented in at least 500.

Of course, to the best of my knowledge, other than humans, none of those species have a holy book to explain the error of their ways.
    I don't believe that, Paul. I, too, have read it but there is no penetration.
    We see the mounting as a form of dominance not sexual gratification.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    We are animals. Unless you belong to something other than Kingdom Animalia.

No, you are HUMAN. At least I am - though I have been known to behave as an animal from time to time. :rofl:

And you will not find homosexuality in the Animal Kingdom as it violates the Laws of Nature. We have free will and can do as we damn well please - much to our accelerated destruction.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "... it's all about tax breaks and health insurance; in other words, it's all about money. All the BS about wanting to show the world they are committed to one another is just that; BS."

That's my take on it, too. The rest is just window dressing. In no way must Society-at-large respect their decision, much less approve. Your/mine/their sexuality should be a private matter. To define one's self with one's possessions is shallow. To define one's self with one's likes is naive. To define one's self with his/her sexual practices is extremely benighted. And that applies to heterosexuals, too. You are ultimately not your likes, practices or possessions - though many define themselves with one or more. To each his/her own.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Gays don't create diseases.

It's the rate at which they spread diseases that is astonishing.

This is one of the most informative articles I've read on the Health Risk associated with gay sex. Click here

I agree with you. Multi-Drug Resistant Tuburculosis being one of the diseases being spread which DOES affect you and I.

The same can be said of promiscous and sexually deviant heterosexuals, too. Their behavior has little benefit for Society, either. Hopefully, those who are indulging will grow out of it and at a minimum do not encourage their offspring to follow in their footsteps. Progress: one step at a time.

Keep in mind I judge people's behavior not the person.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Not that anyone is interested, but might I suggest 'The Dark Side of Man' by Ghiglieri. Also, there is some interesting reading by Desmond Morris and Richard Dawkins.

Of course, all of the above is based on some whacky sciencey stuff and we all know the old saw..."Don't confuse me with facts. My mind is made up."

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    1) We cannot legislate morality. Injustice, perhaps... but not morality.

2) Denying another individual his/her rights based on individual religious convictions is morally wrong. Fundamentalism and intolerance are what breeds hate. Just because someone attaches the name "Jesus" to something, or selects random supportive bible verses (usually out of context), does not allow us to accept the statement carte blanche.

I personally believe that bible-based fundamentalism is equally as dangerous as qua'ran-based fundamentalism.

3) Tuberculosis is not spread by anal sex. While we're on the topic, anal sex does not spread any disease that cannot be spread by regular sex. The homosexual community becomes a breeding ground for disease when it's members behave with unchecked promiscuity, in the same manner a cheap hooker in a brothel does.

It does, however, lead to significant trauma of the (much thinner) anal canal. This has its own set of problems. Sure, anal sex may be a more effective means of transmission of HIV than straight sex, but shared IV drugs take the cake. Those are already illegal, so I guess nobody does that anymore, right?

4) Let's try peer-reviewed sources for our medical information, and not "catholiceducation.org", which has enough bias to go around. Sure, an M.D. wrote that article, but that doesn't mean he isn't attempting to deliver a message.

For example.. Cryptosporidium, Giardia Lamblia, Isospora, Microsporidia are all micro-organisms which are transmitted by fecal-oral route. To attribute their spread solely to anal sex is a huge stretch. You're far, far, far more likely to get any one of those by drinking contaminated water... specifically, not boiling your collected water on a camping trip. The anal sex partner who gave you giardia is likely on the verge of dehydration from the cholera-like diarrhea it causes, in which case it might not be the most opportune time to have anal sex anyways.

Look it up yourself.

---------------

/ I am not gay.
    // I am catholic, which may not count as "christian" to some.
    /// Everyone needs to be much more discriminating when it comes to their sources of information. People DO have agendas.

My personal opinion: Let the gays marry. It may encourage monogamy among them. They can be just as miserable as the straights when it comes to taxes, divorce, alimony, etc.

I will not judge them for their behavior, as I do not wish God to judge me for mine.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Most of my friends are gay or lesbian.

That sounds more like a typical answer to gain some favor. MOST OF YOUR FRIENDS???

I'm 28 and I've met TWO Openly gay people in my entire life.

:rolleyes: Not even going to continue wasting my time.

I could have said the same to you several times now, however, were just talking here. ;)

We are animals. Unless you belong to something other than Kingdom Animalia.

You believe everything see on the History channel?

I don't believe that, Paul. I, too, have read it but there is no penetration.
    We see the mounting as a form of dominance not sexual gratification.

Which is the exact point behind it all. Males cannot reproduce with another male. In the animal Kingdom, it is a show of dominance.

Not that anyone is interested, but might I suggest 'The Dark Side of Man' by Ghiglieri. Also, there is some interesting reading by Desmond Morris and Richard Dawkins.

Of course, all of the above is based on some whacky sciencey stuff and we all know the old saw..."Don't confuse me with facts. My mind is made up."

Just b/c a Scientist was involved, doesn’t mean that it’s actually empirical science, backed by real scientific methodology. As if Scientist can extract themselves from their own presuppositions. ESPECIALLY when dealing with HISTORICAL Science in which True 100% empirical science cannot even happen.

Richard Dawkins is so blinded by his own religious ambitions that I refuse to read anyMORE of his writings, articles and/or books like the "God Delusion". He has a very, very, hated view of not only ANYONE who does not bow to his beliefs, but also to mankind in general. He's a very sad little man.

Plus he believes it's also possible to that Aliens dropped us off here billions of years ago.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    That sounds more like a typical answer to gain some favor. MOST OF YOUR FRIENDS???

I'm 28 and I've met TWO Openly gay people in my entire life.

Give it time junior.... :mamoru:

Seriously, I think alot of that has to do with were you live too. From age 12 til I joined the Navy I I grew up in South Florida. Lot's of openly gay people there. I was stationed in San Diego and stayed out there after I go out of the Navy. Lots of openly gay folks there too.

I worked at a Winn Dixie in high school. One of the stock men was openly gay. If no one told you, you would have never known. He was just like the rest of the guys. He used to have killer store parties over at his house. All of the employees would go over there and we had great times. There was nothing unusual. His partner was there but they had no urge to make out in front of anyone or hump anyone. Again if you weren't told they were gay you would have never known. Why would I even care what they did in their private lives???

My wife worked at bakery in Baton Rouge last year. The "lady" that put together alot of the cakes was no lady. He/she is a transvestite and does female impersonator shows somewhere down near Houma. His/her mom even worked there too. He/she was really nice and she made a hell of a cake.

They are everywhere...... Lions and tigers and bears OH MY!

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    That's great...

Here's the question again: Do you think they should be allowed to marry?

I think it comes down to this perspective; would you want one of your kids to be gay? I know I wouldn't be very happy about it. If you feel the same way, then why would you want that out there as an accepted lifestyle? Kids follow by example and that's one that I feel is better off not sensationalized by approving the behavior. And, let's face it, if you say you think it's OK for them to marry, you will be condoning it in the eyes of your children.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    That's great...

I think it comes down to this perspective; would you want one of your kids to be gay? I know I wouldn't be very happy about it. If you feel the same way, then why would you want that out there as an accepted lifestyle? Kids follow by example and that's one that I feel is better off not sensationalized by approving the behavior. And, let's face it, if you say you think it's OK for them to marry, you will be condoning it in the eyes of your children.

You're right. If my child was gay I would shun them, throw them out of the house, make fun of them and tell them that they are going to hell. That they are a worthless piece of **** and don't need to live. That whoever they fall in love with is based in lies. Wait, if your kid was gay and you're saying it's a learned behavior then...what does that say about Dick Cheney....

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    That's great...

I think it comes down to this perspective; would you want one of your kids to be gay?

I wouldn't be thrilled about it but he/she is still your child and I would love them and support them. That is my job as thier parent. I would want them to be happy.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    You're right. If my child was gay I would shun them, throw them out of the house, make fun of them and tell them that they are going to hell. That they are a worthless piece of **** and don't need to live. That whoever they fall in love with is based in lies. Wait, if your kid was gay and you're saying it's a learned behavior then...what does that say about Dick Cheney....

I didn't say any of that, nor did you answer my question.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I wouldn't be thrilled about it but he/she is still your child and I would love them and support them. That is my job as thier parent. I would want them to be happy.

I agree Doug but the question stands: If you "wouldn't be thrilled about it" why would you want that out there as an example? Are you saying if it came to a vote, you'd vote yes to allow them to marry and send that message to your kids?

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You believe everything see on the History channel?

Not in the slightest, but then again that doesn't have much to do with the present conversation on biology.

Just out of curiousity, if you guys don't belong the Animalia Kingdon, which do you belong to? Plantae, Fungi, Protista, Archaea, Bacteria?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Kind of like how they didn't put Civil Rights in the '60's up for a vote?

Personally, I don't think the rights of others should ever be up to a vote... I know I don't want the Hispanic majority in 2045 deciding what my rights are.

Not cause they are Hispanic, but because it'd be someone from a different worldview deciding what I'm worth. I think I'll pass on that experience.

Wow- I didn't realize that gays are being forced to use seperate water fountains, not allowed to use city buses, & not being allowed to attend public schools in Little Rock- or Ole Miss. Really???:confused: I don't believe the people affected by the civil rights struggle you mentioned would appreciate the analogy.....:rolleyes:

The notion that same-sex marriage should somehow be considered "normal" is lunacy. Would the marriage between a man & his cow be normal also in an "anything goes" society?? Sure- technically, that would be a different animal(pardon the pun). But, it cannot be disputed that both go against the basic laws of nature, correct? I realize that you never said the idea of gay marriage was "normal behavior". However- the legalization of it would FORCE EVERYONE to accept it as being so against their wishes- as demonstrated by the fact it has been defeated every time it's been voted on. I do not see how allowing what the majority of society considers abnormal behavior to flourish front & center- with gov't approval- is helping us become a stronger nation. What it will do is create even more animosity. Maybe you disagree, I'm not sure. But, that's only my opinion (and apparently the opinion of most other people).

I don't care what others choose to do with their time either- but I believe I see the issue of gay marriage for what it really is- just another part of the politically correct BS that is destroying our country as we know it.

Top Bottom