Is Banning Gay Marriage Constitutional?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    It is funny, if you read the 1st page of replies and then skip to read the very last page.

My $00.02 is anyone should be allowed to get married to anyone. How can we expect to keep the Gov't out of our weapon closet but allow them into the bedroom? they deserve the right to be miserable just like the rest of us.
    Thread closed.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Thread closed.

I don't think this is about the legality or illegality of homosexual acts.

The original question was about marriage. For the homos, it's all about tax breaks and health insurance; in other words, it's all about money. All the BS about wanting to show the world they are committed to one another is just that; BS.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think this is about the legality or illegality of homosexual acts.

The original question was about marriage. For the homos, it's all about tax breaks and health insurance; in other words, it's all about money. All the BS about wanting to show the world they are committed to one another is just that; BS.
    You're making a lot of assumptions.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    He clearly made the assumption that every gay couple wants to get married solely for the tax benefits, etc, that come with it.

Not really an assumption but like Hitman said, an observation. I have personally seen gays on TV boo-hooing about how unfair it was that the mean heterosexuals got the tax credit for being married and could put their spouse on their health insurance.

Hey, what if a couple single heterosexual guys want to pose as homos and get married for the bennies? Would that be fraud? How would you know? You going to go over and check them out?

Look, it's obviously against nature and just not right. You're either a pitcher or you're a catcher but you can't be both.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I used the burning in Hell example to prove a point and stated it as my opinion. You stated your disbeliefs of God as if it were fact. You cannot prove there is not a God. It's funny what a bunch of titty babies athiest progressive liberals are. They can bash Christianity all day long. But when you offend them they get the "how dare you" attitude.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Not really an assumption but like Hitman said, an observation. I have personally seen gays on TV boo-hooing about how unfair it was that the mean heterosexuals got the tax credit for being married and could put their spouse on their health insurance.

Hey, what if a couple single heterosexual guys want to pose as homos and get married for the bennies? Would that be fraud? How would you know? You going to go over and check them out?

Look, it's obviously against nature and just not right. You're either a pitcher or you're a catcher but you can't be both.
    Maybe not your nature, however you have NO right to prohibit a man or women from joining together in such a way. It in no way affects you, or your family. It does not effect your property. You may have a different definition of "right" than others, but that does not give you the right to enforce your will upon them. It is not for you, or the State, to decide. It is up to a church and the individuals involved to figure out what is the best for them.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I used the burning in Hell example to prove a point and stated it as my opinion. You stated your disbeliefs of God as if it were fact. You cannot prove there is not a God. It's funny what a bunch of titty babies athiest progressive liberals are. They can bash Christianity all day long. But when you offend them they get the "how dare you" attitude.

Does being an atheist automatically a make you a "titty baby progressive liberal"?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    It in no way affects you, or your family.

Nick, this happens everyday though dude. There's no middle ground, things either benefit society or tear it down. How does Homosexuality benefit society?

We HAVE to police ourselves within exceptable moral ranges, otherwise the world would be even crazier if we all did what we thought was right. So how do we do it? For now the Ten Commandments rule our Judicial System and have been doing so for quite sometime.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Maybe not your nature, however you have NO right to prohibit a man or women from joining together in such a way. It in no way affects you, or your family. It does not effect your property. You may have a different definition of "right" than others, but that does not give you the right to enforce your will upon them. It is not for you, or the State, to decide. It is up to a church and the individuals involved to figure out what is the best for them.

So you're saying it should be legal for any two people to become married in the legal sense; any combination of two people, whether they're men, women, or both?

Seriously, do you think it's OK for any two people to form a legal union to take advantage of the benefits normally reserved for married couples?

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    When two gay men or two gay women can increase the population of a deserted island by one within 9 months without any outside intervention, they can be married. Until then, call it civil unions with the benefits thereof.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    While I love discussions like this, I'll just throw out this little tidbit.

Homosexuality can be found in over 1500 animal species and is thoroughly documented in at least 500.

Of course, to the best of my knowledge, other than humans, none of those species have a holy book to explain the error of their ways.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Nick, this happens everyday though dude. There's no middle ground, things either benefit society or tear it down. How does Homosexuality benefit society?

We HAVE to police ourselves within exceptable moral ranges, otherwise the world would be even crazier if we all did what we thought was right. So how do we do it? For now the Ten Commandments rule our Judicial System and have been doing so for quite sometime.

It makes those two individuals happy and content with that aspect of their life. I would say a happy society is better than an unhappy one?:confused:

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

Titty baby atheist progressive liberal?

I suppose I could brand everyone that believes in god as a radical, rabidly conservative lunatic who can't fathom that this world is all there is to it and therefore rely upon the crutch of religion just to get them through the day all the while drowning themselves in their own self importance and talking to an imaginary friend.

Painting with broad brushes is fun, isn't it?

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    So you're saying it should be legal for any two people to become married in the legal sense; any combination of two people, whether they're men, women, or both?

Seriously, do you think it's OK for any two people to form a legal union to take advantage of the benefits normally reserved for married couples?

In one word: Yes. I have no problem with it whatsoever. The right to enter a voluntary contract with another, which is marriage, should NEVER be infringed by the state.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    It makes those two individuals happy and content with that aspect of their life. I would say a happy society is better than an unhappy one?:confused:

Happy? Content? These are spiritual states of mind(Un-Natrualistic) not benefits of a forward moving species.

In nature, how does homosexuality benefit the human race?

And Paul Animals do this why? The answer to that doesn't even match up at all with why humans are doing it. Wonder why that is ... Are we different from animals?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    never miss at 200 yards
    Top Bottom