Is Banning Gay Marriage Constitutional?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A Bit of Confusion

WE ALL are already UNDER Judeo-Christian/Mosaic Law.

moses-ten-commandments-1-supreme-court.jpg

This is an oxymoron.

Benjamin H. Freedman - Short Biography: http://www.natall.com/american-dissident-voices/adv101594.html - had this to say about the term "judeo-Christian":

"Another word is creating more problems among Christians. I refer to "Judeo-Christian". You see it more and more day by day. Based on our present knowledge of history, and on good sense applied to theology, the term "Judea-Christian" presents a strange combination. Does "Judeo" refer to ancient "Pharisaism", or to "Talmudism", or to so-called "Judaism"? In view of what we know today, how can there be "Judeo-Christian" anything? Based upon what is now known "Judeo-Christian" is as unrealistic as it would be to say anything is "hot-cold" , or "old-young", or "heavy-light", or that a person was "healthy-sick", or "poor-rich", or "dumb- smart", or "ignorant-educated", or "happy-sad". These words are antonyms, not synonyms. "Judeo-Christian" in the light of incontestable facts are also antonyms, not synonyms as so-called or self-styled "Jews" would like Christians to believe. More sand for Christian's eyes."

He has several good articles that can be found online.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Find "separation of Church and State" in the Constitution for these united States of America, Declaration of Independence or Bill of Rights.

Can you tell me where I can find that?

I don't know either but I found this reference on the all knowing Wikipedia:

"The separation of church and state is a legal and political principle derived from the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, which reads, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . ." The modern concept is often credited to the writings of English philosopher John Locke, but the phrase "separation of church and state" is generally traced to an 1802 letter by Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists, where Jefferson spoke of the combined effect of the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment. It has since been quoted in several opinions handed down by the United States Supreme Court,[1] though the Court has not always fully embraced the principle."

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    All I know is the bible tells me I can beat my slaves and as long as they don't die immediately, I'm in the clear.

And if that's wrong, I don't want to be right!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    All I know is the bible tells me I can beat my slaves and as long as they don't die immediately, I'm in the clear.

And if that's wrong, I don't want to be right!

:p: :rolleyes: C'mon man

That view on slavery is thwarted with the definition of slavery in the last 300 years and has taken it out of context with who those slaves actually were.

If you replaced the word slavery with employee, it would be much closer to what was actually going on in the OT times. These people sold themselves to slavery b/c they were ALWAYS in some sort of debt. As either a criminal or someone who simply owed some a certain amount of money and had to work to pay it off. There were not Credit Loan Banks back then.

Slavery in the Bible was much different and in the OT when God dealt directly with people, he was much stern with them. AFTER Jesus, these things changed. Not to mention the amount of rules that was given on how to treat slaves too.

Perhaps this can better help with the context of the Bible and Slavery. Click here

Last edited:

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    I love these little discussions.

Funny how homosexuals keep gaining in numbers or even just keeping the numbers they have. If one were truly born that way, then how does this happen? They don't normally breed, or very very rarely do so. Seems like there is a genetic defect in the DNA that keeps popping up in the offspring of heterosexual pairs. If this is the case, why isn't medical science trying to pinpoint the error in the genes?

On the flip side of the coin, people just chose their mate by free will. So, by that rational we have a possible psychological/behavioral disorder among the community that self identify as homosexual.

Either way, there seems to be some possible problems in this group of people.

ETA:

I don't have a problem with civil unions as much as I do with marriage with these folks. I think the push for marriage is just an attack on the the standards that the overwhelming majority of people have set for society. The homosexual community feels that if they can break this barrier, then they are one step closer to their way of life being a societal norm. Why else do you think over the last decade or so, they have been so forceful with their agenda (tv, movies, media)?

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Originally Posted by Speedlace
    What diseases do homosexuality cause?

Gays don't create diseases.

It's the rate at which they spread diseases that is astonishing.

This is one of the most informative articles I've read on the Health Risk associated with gay sex. Click here

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    Affinity for pastel colors.
    Hyphenated ice cream names.
    Obsession with reruns of the Golden Girls and Will & Grace.
    Spray painted abs.

Just to name a few.

:D

That's pretty good.

But seriously, I wouldn't say they "cause" disease as much as help spread it.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm

Scroll down to AIDS Cases by Transmission Category

Male to male sexual contact is still, by far, the highest transmission rate category. Considering the numbers that they make up in the population, that is staggering.

sawfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I believe we become too wrapped up in the "Is it constitutional?" question. The U.S. Constitution does not directly spell out anything about marriage. Does/should the Federal Government be involved in this matter? No.

Amendment X
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

In my understanding of our Constitution, this is a matter that should be left up to the states. If Louisiana wants to allow gay marriage and Massachusetts doesn't, then so be it, leave it to the people of that state. If you live in that state and you don't like the laws, then you change them or you move to a state that has enacted laws that you believe in and can live under.

Someone please tell me if I am wrong on this.

Last edited:

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    I believe we become too wrapped up in the "Is it constitutional?" question. The U.S. Constitution does not directly spell out anything about marriage. Does/should the Federal Government be involved in this matter? No.

Amendment X
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

In my understanding of our Constitution, this is a matter that should be left up to the states. If Louisiana wants to allow gay marriage and Massachusetts doesn't, then so be it, leave it to the people of that state. If you live in that state and you don't like the laws, then you change them or you move to a state that has enacted laws that you believe in and can live under.

Someone please tell me if I am wrong on this.

Sawfish, you are dead on right. The problem is politicians threw the Constitution out years ago. So I guess the real answer to the question of this thread, "Is gay marriage constitutional?" is that it does not matter, politicians will do what the hell they want to do and the people's will and the Constitution don't matter.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Question.....

In the eyes of God, is buttsecs between man and woman as bad as between man and man?

Some states still have sodomy laws which do not differentiate between the sexes of the participants.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    I do not support gay marriage. But two hot females going at it catchs most mens attention. :naughty:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

but seriously, the tenth amendment gives all powers not delegated specifically to the federal gov't and not specifically prohibittied from the states is left to the states and the people. so yes it is constitutional. you do not have a right to marry anyone. but either way gays have the same exact rights i do under everylaw in the nation and that is to marry what ever person of opposite gender they wish. if i, being straight, decided to marry another man i couldn't, so they are not being descriminated against in any way shape or form.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    never miss at 200 yards
    Top Bottom