Is Banning Gay Marriage Constitutional?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sorry about the quotes Mjolnir, I know the last one isn't yours but I don't know how to add multi quotes.

Now lets look at this...http://bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29680 How can we say that they are wrong and yet we are right.

How can we say who is right and wrong. I am married and have 3 wonderful children, therefore I'm not gay, not condoning being gay, or condeming being gay. I'd rather see a gay couple adopt and raise a child in a good home than see some thug father 8 kids with 8 different baby mommas and not have a thing to do with them.
    No problem on the quote thing.

But you compare two truly horrible circumstances. Both will end with disturbed minds. One because there is no positive male influence, poverty and exposure to crime and the other with gender bending, ambivalent (at best) and theistical (at worst) morals. Neither are acceptable for a Society if you ask me.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I think the issue most don't understand is MARRIAGE "was/is" defined by the Bible as between a man and woman. So if they want to be together that's one thing, if they want to call it marriage, that's another thing. I did say I THINK before I started this statement :)

Plus let's not act like since man has been recording events in history that marriage hasn't been between a woman and man.

There's a moral reason for that, and if your someone who is an Evolutionist/Naturalist then you'd also know that even in Nature there's no logical reason for Homosexuality.

Most folks don't have a clue why people are gay, others don't give a crap. However Christians have a different perspective altogether. According to the Bible, homosexuality is a perversion of the natural body and when nations start supporting it, it's one of the first steps in nation abandonment by God.

If you care/dare to understand that perspective I'm talking about, prop up your feet and give this guy 28 minutes to tell you.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5x3WI9OWAL4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5x3WI9OWAL4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/YOUTUBE]

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I'm not debating the constitution. Only my beliefs
    This is why we are getting WAY off track.
    People are discussing their personal/religious beliefs.

THIS IS ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION AND CIVIL RIGHTS.

Is banning same-sex marriage Constitutional ?

:)

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    No problem on the quote thing.

But you compare two truly horrible circumstances. Both will end with disturbed minds. One because there is no positive male influence, poverty and exposure to crime and the other with gender bending, ambivalent (at best) and theistical (at worst) morals. Neither are acceptable for a Society if you ask me.

And you base this assertion on what data?

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I think the issue most don't understand is MARRIAGE "was/is" defined by the Bible as between a man and woman. So if they want to be together that's one thing, if they want to call it marriage, that's another thing. I did say I THINK before I started this statement :)

If you don't live follow the Bible in your life you can't have a marriage?

Most folks don't have a clue why people are gay, others don't give a crap. However Christians have a different perspective altogether. According to the Bible, homosexuality is a perversion of the natural body and when nations start supporting it, it's one of the first steps in nation abandonment by God.

So you are saying that you are imposing Christian beliefs on Christians and non-Christians? I personally don't think God has a place in government.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I don't care what two consenting adults do with themselves as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. Really, I don't see why the government should be involved with "marriage" in the first place straight or gay.

zero_one

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    Abita Springs
    Im sorry but I do not see gay white tale deer or gay honey bees. It is just not natural!
    And if people were TRULY GAY, then there wouldn't be any more GAYs because they cannot produce, and by process of Natural Selection.

And exactly give them equal rights, but marriage is between a man and a woman. Marriage is not the union of love, or whatever word you want to use, but the union of a man and a woman.

I agree though that the Government should not be in marriage at all. Marriage is what it is though.

Sasquatch

Lurking
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Baton Rouge

Witness

&amp;gt;Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    ... the behavior they engage in causes disease.

Exactly what disease is caused by being gay? And what ''science'' are you using to prove this.

..Give them equal legal rights. Just not marriage.

But why not? Christians didn't invent marriage, so why do you care what two adults do? If it is strictly a religious reason, it has no business in government.

see this is the problem I have with organized religion... What rights are you going to deny the next person that comes along who doesn't have the same religious views as you? Where does it end?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom