It has begun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm OK with a business giving employees different holidays.

What good is Christmas to a Jew? Labor day? So what...we work every day, if they want to call it something else to make the majority of their employees feel like they have some kind of meaning to the company...sure, go for it. The employees are still getting off.

I don't care if they call a Holiday "Take a shower, twat, day"...as long as they give me the day off a few times a year.

nastynewt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2007
    Franklinton/Houma LA
    Obviously, since all palestinians are terrorists?

WTF would you like it if all people thought america was nothing but Branch Davidians?

So please... you can find dirt on anyone and anything. Thank you for you link, im sure you put a lot of thought into it.

HAHAH Your a funny one, i bet BNP would love to have you, you going to your Klan meeting with your mom/wife this weekend?

Im sure you get my point, as i have pointed out earlier i do not deal with smart ass remarks very well. I prefer to use my brain...no matter how young and immature it is :rolleyes:

All religions are fatally flawed, this isnt about their religion as a whole, its about your ignorant views of a group of people.

Um wow, yea sense shariah law is constitutional :rolleyes: :mamoru:

And judging from your posts you are both a racist, and closed minded.

Thank you for you time, atleast i now know why McLiberal was picked as the republican nominee :rolleyes:
    Oh noes the evil foreigners!!!!
    Unless any of you are Native American, you cant say that this is a country of your people and only your people.. we must share it, and i dont care how evil a group of people is, they still have their ******* rights.
    If you deny them their rights, you are no better then Ahmedinajhadhoweverthefuckyouspellhisname.:o

Goodnight.

May allah be with you

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Did anyone besides me notice the irony of this? Here you have a labor union lobbying a corporation to remove Labor day as a holiday??? What gives with this union? Tyson really only gave them what they asked for.

Steve

I can't beleve it took 56 posts for that to come up. It kills me, I noticed!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Really, it's not a legitimate religious holiday?

Mardi Gras is the final day of Carnival, the three day period preceding the beginning of Lent, the Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday immediately before Ash Wednesday (some traditions count Carnival as the entire period of time between Epiphany or Twelfth Night and Ash Wednesday). So there goes that theory.

They do, just not the partying which has come to overshadow the holiday. As far as you're biblical reference, just open a bible. I think you're not as well versed as you think you are. http://www.crivoice.org/cylent.html

When? How about every ASH WEDNESDAY! Mardi Gras is the last day of feasting before the fast. You then go to mass on Ash Wednesday. Odd, if you were raised Catholic (and here, nonetheless) you would have known that is what you do.

Yeah , I know it's an old thread , but there was no way I was going to let Penguin win this one . :D I sent an e-mail to Father Mike Moroney of St. Alphonsus Catholic Church in Central . Here is his response : Mardi Gras is not a religious holiday it is a Louisiana tradition as it is in other parts of the world especially Brazil.

God bless,

Fr. Mike

Penguin , I can forward the entire e-mail to you if you wish . Sorry it took so long , but he was out of town . Here is his e-mail address if you still wish to dispute the point . fmmoroney@alphonsus.org :)

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    So if most employees don't carry guns in their vehicles why should corporations have to make accommodations for those that want weapons in their vehicles?

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So if most employees don't carry guns in their vehicles why should corporations have to make accommodations for those that want weapons in their vehicles?

Louisiana Law states that corporations have to make accommodations for those that want weapons in their vehicles. This is what the majority of our elected officials voted for. The Louisiana legislature is in a whole different league than a meat processing plant's labor union.

Top Bottom