It's a waste of time and money

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Cleaning up the oil efforts at this stage are a complete waste of time and money. Wait until the leak is stopped, then make the clean up efforts. Whatever feeble efforts are made today will be erased tomorrow for the oil keeps coming.

It's like calling in a man to treat your house for termites while the house is on fire. Doesn't make any sense.

Unless your a politician.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Another effort in futility is cleaning those oil soaked birds and re-releasing them into the wild. Truthfully, what is a wild animal's chances of survival after ingesting oil, being handled by humans, caged, then being re-released into the wild in an unfamiliar habitat?

I guess people will do whatever it takes to make them feel good about themselves.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I suppose you realize Jim ,should a hurricane such as Katrina would pick up, that oil on the surface of the gulf, spreading it as far away as the east coast of the U.S.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Yea, and we should never clean up our trash until the minute the garbage truck is outside.

We'll just let all the trash, packaging, apple cores, etc rot all over the house.

Troll much?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, while we're on the subject,

"What DOES all this mean???"

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    That's just it, most just don't get it. This oil is gushing out at a rate that exceeds by far any measy clean up efforts that have been taking place. I'm not saying don't do anything but if you are gonna make an effort let it be in such a way that will accomplish the goal, not just doing something "to make the public feel good" or for "political photo ops". A shovel and a broom ain't gonna get it. Oil booms are not a 100%, alot of oil gets past them.

Personally, this catastrophy is something that I believe is beyond man's abilities.

They say the Exxon Valdez spill is still strewn all over the coasts of Alaska, 20 years later.

All I am saying is that people along the Gulf Coast and probably eventually the East coast and further, their way of life with regards to this mess will be changed for 100's of years.

We need to do something but I don't think our current technology can do it.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Then there's only one thing left to do.....
    xenu.jpg

Get Tom Cruise on the horn, STAT.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    So you think that instead of trying, we should quit, and just throw our arms in the air and say "Ahhh **** it, we're doomed"

Who cares if more spews out per day, than is cleaned up per day? That changes nothing. If you leave the oil on the beaches and in the marshed until the cap is closed, that's just all the more than has to be cleaned up THEN... -and- it's been sitting there poisoning the lands for far longer, and possibly working it's way further inland.

Your logic is nonexistent.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    So you think that instead of trying, we should quit, and just throw our arms in the air and say "Ahhh **** it, we're doomed"

Who cares if more spews out per day, than is cleaned up per day? That changes nothing. If you leave the oil on the beaches and in the marshed until the cap is closed, that's just all the more than has to be cleaned up THEN... -and- it's been sitting there poisoning the lands for far longer, and possibly working it's way further inland.

Your logic is nonexistent.

Read my posts. I didn't say do nothing. Just do something that's gonna work. Evidently you can read but you are weak in comprehension.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Read my posts. I didn't say do nothing. Just do something that's gonna work. Evidently you can read but you are weak in comprehension.

That's just it, most just don't get it. This oil is gushing out at a rate that exceeds by far any measy clean up efforts that have been taking place. I'm not saying don't do anything but if you are gonna make an effort let it be in such a way that will accomplish the goal, not just doing something "to make the public feel good" or for "political photo ops". A shovel and a broom ain't gonna get it. Oil booms are not a 100%, alot of oil gets past them.

Personally, this catastrophy is something that I believe is beyond man's abilities.

They say the Exxon Valdez spill is still strewn all over the coasts of Alaska, 20 years later.

All I am saying is that people along the Gulf Coast and probably eventually the East coast and further, their way of life with regards to this mess will be changed for 100's of years.

Evidently you are weak in logic, because your own post stated there was nothing our current technology can do, so after all your years of sniffing bat guano in the caves of your home planet, what do you reccomend?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mmabone
    Top Bottom