It's been a bad day .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Today , about noon , my wife was hit by a drunk driver . Her car is totaled , and she is in the hospital . She has fractured ribs , a partially collapsed lung and some lacerations on her arm . The idiot that hit her was arrested and charged with 2nd offense DWI . He walked away , although in handcuffs . Of course he had no insurance either . :(

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Wow, hope she's get's better soon. My wife was involved in a wreck which a under aged punk pulled out in front of her attempting to run a red light. The wife hit the kid broadside, drivers headlamp to drivers headlamp! Totaled out both vehicles, hers was a 02 Chevy Trailblazer. My insurance saved my butt, he had minimum insurance. After hospital bills for injured knee and wrist, physical therapy, lawyers fee's, Dr fee's, we were left without a vehicle and hardly any money. We found out that the same kid had 3 more wrecks in his parents cars since (2 yrs) and was dropped by there insurance, so this means I'm sure he will be driving without insurance. I feel your pain man! Rant off!

Hope the wife does better soon, keep us posted. Prayers sent!

Bam Bam

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Was it one of these drunks in Thurs. paper?

Rodgers Ellis, 56, 12125 Dawn Ave., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and failure to maintain control.

Julio Pinacho-Vasquez, 25, 2575 Gardere Lane, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, possession of an alcoholic beverage in a vehicle and driver’s license required.

Danielle Russo, 24, 683 Barbara Place, Mandeville, second-offense DWI, license plate required, improper left or right turns, improper lane usage and failure to signal or improper turns.

Marissa Beemer, 20, 5075 Nicholson Drive, first-offense DWI and headlights required

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Sorry to hear that but i am thankful she is alive and i'm sure will recover. It does suck and I wonder why people even bother getting wasted and drive. A LOT of people need to take it easy on the alcohol. At least get a DD or pass out or something to sober up....I couldn't live knowing I killed someone over alcohol....just stupid....but that's just me.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    that sux. too bad he wasn't caught by one of those repugnantly unconstitutional road blocks... :rolleyes: hopefully he'll get some jail time to think about how close he came to being a murderer.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Dan, please keep us posted on her condition. You both are in my prayers.

I sincerely hope the a**hole that did this gets swift and harsh punishment.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Damn....sorry to hear about that Dan. I hope she has a speedy recovery, as well....:(

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Thanks for all the kind words . Charlie , in all of the excirement I didn't get the other guys name . My son knows all of the firemen at East Side FD . I can get the name today from their paperwork . Accident was at Old Hammond and Millerville .

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    That's horrible. Hope she's OK...
    Stay in touch w/ that LEO and make sure that DWI sticks. Take lots of pics of her recovering too. Send copies to the DA if you can.
    Getting a lawyer will cost you at least 1/3 (more often half after they add in their legal research fees) of your settlement. If there's no insurance involved you're collecting from the guys assets (if he has any or will have any). Why agree to give that chunk to an attorney already?

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Dan, did you guys have the UM (uninsured motorist) coverage? I'm not sure what all that pays for but it's got to be more that what HIS is going to cover.

Top Bottom