I've been accepted

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bama2LA

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    So I went for my interview for Livingston Parish's Fire District 4 tonight. After their questions and what not, they have recommended me to the chief. I start duty and training in one month.

I'm SOOO stoked! :D

tso

Observing...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Covington
    Congratulations,as you begin your fire service career, aggressively pursue education. Your knowledge and skills are the best weapons and the most valuable tools you will have at your disposal.

Stay Safe...1*

Steve

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    This was Dist. 4 in Port Vincent about 0330hrs Saturday.

P8200157.jpg

10shotgroup

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I worked there for 5 years part time back when they first started paying people. Maybe around 2000. It was tough times then. But I here things have changed.

I just mainly got tired of spending 24 hours at a firehouse and then another 12 at another station.

I spent most of my time in Watson. Drew most of the maps for that area myself as the area was growing faster than the map people. Spent some time in walker and port Vincent as well. Also made alot of calls in st. Helena and even north of there. They didn't have much as a fd north livivgston at the time.

Anyway, good luck.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I worked there for 5 years part time back when they first started paying people. Maybe around 2000. It was tough times then. But I here things have changed.

I just mainly got tired of spending 24 hours at a firehouse and then another 12 at another station.

I spent most of my time in Watson. Drew most of the maps for that area myself as the area was growing faster than the map people. Spent some time in walker and port Vincent as well. Also made alot of calls in st. Helena and even north of there. They didn't have much as a fd north livivgston at the time.

Anyway, good luck.

But now you get to work with Goob. :D

Bama2LA

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA

Anyway, good luck.

Well it's part-time volunteer, so I won't be able to spend 24/7 there. But definitely will be on call alot and doing what I can. From what I can tell it's changed alot over the last few years.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I think it is the most honorable job next to the military.
    It can be or it can be a disaster. I worked for City of St Gabriel Fire Department and had to deal with alcoholism, racism, nepotism and a culture of small town social club versus trained professionals. There was an issue with the Parish owned trucks and stations which were for the Volunteer Fire Department being used by City FD employees. We were constantly being cut back on manpower by the Mayor when the budget got tight. We'd rehire and then get layoff notices a few months later. After I left the Chief and several firefighters got hit with ethics charges and several thousand dollars in fines. There were labor board investigations and several firefighters lost their jobs. The Chief managed to hang onto his job.
    It was not a honorable job in the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom