I've had it with the NRA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    I'm on their mailing lists, etc. I get something in the mail once or twice a month. They send things to my email daily. Big deal. I gave them my generic email address that I use for signing up for things so it doesn't bother me any. I just check it once a day and see if their is anything worthwhile in it. The delete button is easy to use and the post office has a handy trash can by the door, lol.

I guess I'm just hard to bother.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    I've heard that the NRA was a totally different organization before Wayne LaPierre was put in charge; I don't know for sure since I was a bit young at the time.

wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I find their marketing very annoying. I joined the NRA last June. Started getting renewal notices in the fall, and continued to get one every month, about 8 notices in all. I got on the computer last month, just before membership expired, and renewed. Shortly after, I received my new membership card and a request to sign up for an additional year. I got a second letter saying I had not renewed, and should do so immediately. And all this in addition to offers for insurance, training dvds, etc.

I'm going to call and see if they will back off a bit. I need only 1 renewal notice, a couple of weeks before expiration.

Yep, thats exactly what pissed me off the year i was a member... had same experience... but even now 2-3 years since I did not renew im still getting papers.

EdIt: Come to think of it, last month i got a letter with a new card and sticker for this year... lol

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    NRA bashing by the very people who cherish the Second Amendment is mindboggling. Not perfect, but the most effective, hands down.

I support the organization. I also feel some of there tactics are beneath them. Just because they defend the second amendment doesn't mean they are immune to criticism of their marketing tactics. Glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed it.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Pac-Man,

This is part of their on-going fundraising. We don't have Soros & Gates on our side.

And, it sounds like it was just notice of change of already-paid "benefit", rather than a solicitation.

I, too, get pissed at some of their actions, especially since LaPierre crowned himself "King"; but they are still overwhelmingly the most effective advocate for our firearms freedoms. Please don't quit !

leVieux

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've heard that the NRA was a totally different organization before Wayne LaPierre was put in charge; I don't know for sure since I was a bit young at the time.

There was a great battle between Neal Knox & supporters, vs) Wayne LaPierre & "old guard". Knox lost and LaPierre made it impossible for him to ever get evicted by manipulating the board by making it too big to be effective, controlling nominations, and staggering board terms.

The NRA is 'democratic" in name only, LaPierre is permanent 'King". Sad !

Still, NRA is our most effective advocate; and many, many good things are done by NRA.

We need NRA more than ever now ! Don't quit, please !

leVieux

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Pac-Man,

This is part of their on-going fundraising. We don't have Soros & Gates on our side.

And, it sounds like it was just notice of change of already-paid "benefit", rather than a solicitation.

I, too, get pissed at some of their actions, especially since LaPierre crowned himself "King"; but they are still overwhelmingly the most effective advocate for our firearms freedoms. Please don't quit !

leVieux

No. Read it again, it's a lie intended to trick someone into something.

Looks like I touched a couple of nerves with this post.

I see no need for the NRA to sell mailing lists to scum marketers in order to fight for our freedoms. And I won't be cajoled into swallowing that with the specter of Soros or whatever boogeyman is used. The end does not justify the means.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    No. Read it again, it's a lie intended to trick someone into something.

Looks like I touched a couple of nerves with this post.

I see no need for the NRA to sell mailing lists to scum marketers in order to fight for our freedoms. And I won't be cajoled into swallowing that with the specter of Soros or whatever boogeyman is used. The end does not justify the means.

Not with me. The cause is Noble. Their tactics sleazy.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have a more noble cause! I am trying to make it easier for kids to get involved with the shooting sports.

So here is my sleazy marketing tactic! I want you guys with money to go the PSFNRA Banquet, and/or buy raffle tickets or a table, underwrite a gun, or donate. :p

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    There was a great battle between Neal Knox & supporters, vs) Wayne LaPierre & "old guard". Knox lost and LaPierre made it impossible for him to ever get evicted by manipulating the board by making it too big to be effective, controlling nominations, and staggering board terms.

The NRA is 'democratic" in name only, LaPierre is permanent 'King". Sad !

Still, NRA is our most effective advocate; and many, many good things are done by NRA.

We need NRA more than ever now ! Don't quit, please !

leVieux

So what do you think will happen one day when King Wayne kicks the bucket?

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    i had a membership. they called me repeatedly, emailed me nonstop and mailed me stuff what seemed like every other day. the last time they called me i told them i gave all my guns away and was now against guns and that they could cancel my membership. it was rediculous, i didn't mind the junk mail and emails so much but the phone calls every week got old really fast.

Leopardcurdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Hattiesburg, Ms
    They did not endorse Reid, but they gave him money. Some accounts say 5k, others 4k.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41538.html

Friday, August 27, 2010
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Statement of Reid campaign manager Brandon Hall on NRA endorsement in Nevada US Senate race:
    "The NRA’s relationship with Sen. Reid has been long-standing and productive and – unlike for Sharron Angle – they’ve put their money where their mouth is this cycle. Along with their financial support, the declaration of NRA head Wayne LaPierre that Sen. Reid is 'a true champion of the Second Amendment' and that 'no one has been a stronger advocate for responsible gun ownership than him' shows beyond a doubt that the NRA believes Sen. Reid to be a strong advocate for Nevadans’ Second Amendment rights in the US Senate."

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joquinn1234567
    Top Bottom