James Yeager

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    We have seen the videos. While it may not be the image some want to see portrayed the guy had the nuts to say it. Was it smart? Did he cross a line?
    His part 2 video was toned down and so was his shirt. I just can't say throw the guy under the bus.

Why is it that people calling for the death of NRA Officials have not been pursued? Why is it a young guy makes threats about killing kindergarteners and local law enforcement can't do more than say he won't be charged because the threats were not specific. We have all seen some black people call for killing whites or cops. I'm sure you could just as easily find a youtube calling for death to blacks. In these cases merely being black, white, NRA Official or a cop makes you the target. Pardon me for being desensitized to death threats on you tube even if some apply to me as white person. (Caucasian if white offends you)

Those could all be classified as hate crimes. I have seen some comments about him regarding his appearance (bald headed, tattooed red neck) that are the typical stereotypes. A lot of intolerance from the ones that love to preach about how everyone should tolerate their beliefs, appearance, personal choices and freedoms.

At least in Yeager's case he was referring to defending the American way of life, rights and freedom provided by our constitution as well not submitting to the rule of a dictatorship. It may not have been the right way to handle it or even the right time, but he was stating what the 2nd amendment is about. In his case he was saying if you attack me in this way I will fight back. We oppose dictators in other countries so why not here. We are supposed to send our citizens to defend freedom in other countries but our citizens are labeled as lunatics for wanting to see freedom defended here.

If he is pursued then I think at least others should be pursued in a similar manner for similar statements and threats.

If me giving up my guns would solve all the school shooting and gun crime in the U.S. it would be a done deal. We all know that is not how it works though.

Last thing I want is to see bloodshed. Mine or anybody else and I repeat mine again, just to be on the safe side. I would be quite happy living the rest of my life in peace. I hope James Yeager has that option as well. I hope we all do. That is what America is supposed to be about.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    The whole thing is more about authority's reaction to someone speaking out. Especially a person who may represent and or influence any group or number of people. It's about squelching any talk of resistance. It's about nipping it in the bud. I could present a plethora of events that support this.
    I personally don't think he was smart to speak about a tender subject on a public podium while obviously letting his emotions dictate his message. But I won't fall into the trap of being manipulated by authority into remaining silent and expecting others to do the same. So, lesson learned Mr Yeager, with all due respect, choose your words carefully. And never say what your gonna do.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Sometimes, whether you are right or wrong, you just don't need to say something. This was one of those times. I fail to see any positive outcome what-so-ever that has arisen from Mr. Yeager's words.

Thus far:

He has lost his CCW.
    He has gained notoriety.
    People either love him more, or don't like him, but I guarantee he didn't win any NEW people over to his side that weren't already there, and he certainly lost a few.

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The man is very passionate about is work and the business he has built over the years. I think anyone who's livelihood was in jeopardy by an unconstitutional act would react in a very similar way, just off camera I would hope.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    The problem is, is that most of so-called second amendment supporters are flip-floppers. Plain and simple. They want their guns but don't want to get dirty to protect that right. The "gentle approach" has already been tried and it failed time and time again. The guy Got passionate about his beliefs and lost his cool. HOWEVER, he did not go grab a gun and "kill someone" as he said he was going to do. That should show anyone that he USED HIS BRAIN and calmed his ass down BEFORE he allowed himself to go off the deep end. That is a FAR-CRY from the (hypothetical) pissed off high school dunce who (after getting picked on) goes back home, grabs a gun, returns to school and kills as many people as he can before he decided to end his own pathetic life.

Do you guys think that for one moment the founding fathers were CALM about starting the revolution in 1776??? I think not. Some (most really) so-called second amendment supporters are living in a dream-world. Yea, it WOULD be great to be able to retain our rights without raising our voices... BUT THE OTHER SIDE WONT LET US DO IT because they have already plotted to take away our last line of defense years ago and are going to use EVERY chance they can and every event they can to jump back on that band wagon each and every time until they get the guns.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    The problem is, is that most of so-called second amendment supporters are flip-floppers. Plain and simple. They want their guns but don't want to get dirty to protect that right. The "gentle approach" has already been tried and it failed time and time again. The guy Got passionate about his beliefs and lost his cool. HOWEVER, he did not go grab a gun and "kill someone" as he said he was going to do. That should show anyone that he USED HIS BRAIN and calmed his ass down BEFORE he allowed himself to go off the deep end. That is a FAR-CRY from the (hypothetical) pissed off high school dunce who (after getting picked on) goes back home, grabs a gun, returns to school and kills as many people as he can before he decided to end his own pathetic life.
    Unfortunately he lost some of his rights because he ran his mouth in a moment of passion when he should have known better.

Do you guys think that for one moment the founding fathers were CALM about starting the revolution is 1776??? I think not. No, but Yeager just ran his mouth, he didn't start anything. Some so-called second amendment supporters are living in a dream-world. Yea, it WOULD be great to be able to retain our rights without raising our voices... BUT THE OTHER SIDE WONT LET US DO IT because they have already plotted to take away our last line of defense years ago and are going to use EVERY chance they can and every event they can to jump back on that band wagon each and every time until they get the guns.

There is a right way, and a wrong way, to lobby for your rights. Yeager didn't seem to accomplish anything positive doing it the way he did it.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    There is a right way, and a wrong way, to lobby for your rights. Yeager didn't seem to accomplish anything positive doing it the way he did it.

Other than rallying enough armed men together to invade a small country, maybe not. What's your plan?

You said: (and please don't edit my quote, do the editing at the bottom) Unfortunately he lost some of his rights because he ran his mouth in a moment of passion when he should have known better. YES... VERY unfortunate that by using FREE SPEECH he LOST RIGHTS! So tell me how that works??

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Other than rallying enough armed men together to invade a small country, maybe not. What's your plan?

My plan is not to post all over the internet and make angry YouTube videos about my plan, but I will allude to this much: it doesn't involve a backpack full of corned beef.

Currently, it has involved contacting people who represent us.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    My plan is not to post all over the internet and make angry YouTube videos about my plan, but I will allude to this much: it doesn't involve a backpack full of corned beef.

Currently, it has involved contacting people who represent us.

All us older guys were once 26 and once tried that. In case you haven't noticed... It don't work!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    All us older guys were once 26 and once tried that. In case you haven't noticed... It don't work!

It doesn't? TX just legalized hunting deer with suppressors, A2 passed this year in LA, Several states recently relaxed NFA legality, etc.etc.

I think it's working pretty well. One thing's for sure, though, I still have my CCW permit, and I'm not getting attention for LE as a possible threat to public safety.

Guys like Yeager can angrily run their mouth on YouTube spewing BS and false bravado, I'll just continue to politely contact politicians.

Last edited:

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    It doesn't? TX just legalized hunting deer with suppressors, A2 passed this year in LA, Several states recently relaxed NFA legality, etc.etc.

I think it's working pretty well. One thing's for sure, though, I still have my CCW permit, and I'm not getting attention for LE as a possible threat to public safety.

Guys like Yeager can angrily run their mouth on YouTube spewing BS and false bravado, I'll just continue to politely contact politicians.

Yes, I understand what was already accomplished and it's all great... until one man comes along and with the single stroke of a single pen reverses all that and goes even further. THAT is was James Yeager was raging against, and nothing else. This government is supposed to have checks and balances, and with the white house continuing to use fear tactics like saying that the president can in effect remove an amendment (remove, edit limit, it's all the same) all by himself it's going to spark some real emotional responses.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Yes, I understand what was already accomplished and it's all great... until one man comes along and with the single stroke of a single pen reverses all that and goes even further. THAT is was James Yeager was raging against, and nothing else. This government is supposed to have checks and balances, and with the white house continuing to use fear tactics like saying that the president can in effect remove an amendment (remove, edit limit, it's all the same) all by himself it's going to spark some real emotional responses.

James Yeager said he would start shooting people if things went "one inch further". Well all he did was come off as a cheap blow-hard and it cost him his CCW permit. There is a right and a wrong way to rage about something, and threatening to shoot people isn't the right way.

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge

Yup

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    James Yeager said he would start shooting people if things went "one inch further". Well all he did was come off as a cheap blow-hard and it cost him his CCW permit. There is a right and a wrong way to rage about something, and threatening to shoot people isn't the right way.

I believe it's called hyperbole, and nobody uses it more than the democrats.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I believe it's called hyperbole, and nobody uses it more than the democrats.

Whatever it's called, it cost him his CCW license, he didn't fire any shots, he is now on every agency on a state and national level's ****-list, and no revolution came about because of it. I think it was a pretty poorly thought out plan, and won't be emulating it.

stkelrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    You guys are so busy discussing the 2nd Amendment you forgot about the 1st amendment. He has the right to say exactly what he said. 1st amendment rights are not about saying smart things or being smart or even whether you agree. it is about speaking out against the government without repercussion. Fact is, he said nothing more than we have heard from the left for years, we heard threats against Bush from the left with no government reaction, threats from black "civil rights" groups and no reaction. So be clear this is selective reaction and a response is a violation of this 1st Amendment rights.

Top Bottom