James Yeager

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Whatever it's called, it cost him his CCW license, he didn't fire any shots, he is now on every agency on a state and national level's ****-list, and no revolution came about because of it. I think it was a pretty poorly thought out plan, and won't be emulating it.

But you are missing the point. WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE AFRAID OF THE POWERS THAT BE... We employ them. I will say it again... if exercising your first amendment right leads to you loosing your second amendment right then something is very very wrong! so lets see... Yeager "spoke out" against those that wished to remove his right to bear arms and he lost his CCW permit. No trial, no nothing. And my "announcing it" they made the man a TARGET for anyone that want's to make good on all the death threats HE received by simply speaking his mind. It seems to me the war has already started.

in625shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Here is a film that pretty much sums it up on Mr Yeager. He hasn't said anything that some havent said on any number of forums or at the barbershop or talking with co workers etc etc etc. mr Yeagers problem is he said he was going to do it and he has created a rather large soapbox which a lot of people see and hear him. Those are the 2 or 3 things that put him in the funny papers so to speak. As an instructor myself his type of loud personality is really not helping the firearms community grow in the right way. JMHO

http://youtu.be/kgKXRIGZcOQ

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    You guys are so busy discussing the 2nd Amendment you forgot about the 1st amendment. He has the right to say exactly what he said. 1st amendment rights are not about saying smart things or being smart or even whether you agree. it is about speaking out against the government without repercussion. Fact is, he said nothing more than we have heard from the left for years, we heard threats against Bush from the left with no government reaction, threats from black "civil rights" groups and no reaction. So be clear this is selective reaction and a response is a violation of this 1st Amendment rights.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    But you are missing the point. WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE AFRAID OF THE POWERS THAT BE... We employ them. I will say it again... if exercising your first amendment right leads to you loosing your second amendment right then something is very very wrong! so lets see... Yeager "spoke out" against those that wished to remove his right to bear arms and he lost his CCW permit. No trial, no nothing. And my "announcing it" they made the man a TARGET for anyone that want's to make good on all the death threats HE received by simply speaking his mind. It seems to me the war has already started.

He threatened to start shooting people.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

OK, then I think YOU should not own ANY firearms. There. Better yet... I think YOU should not even TALK about firearms because it makes me uncomfortable. The country was not founded on ******** like that, it was paid for with blood. Like it or not that's the truth of the matter, so no wonder some people are passionate about protecting the rights that were paid for so dearly.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    OK, then I think YOU should not own ANY firearms. There. Better yet... I think YOU should not even TALK about firearms because it makes me uncomfortable. The country was not founded on ******** like that, it was paid for with blood. Like it or not that's the truth of the matter, so no wonder some people are passionate about protecting the rights that were paid for so dearly.

What exactly did Yeager protect? He lost his own rights, much less did he preserve any others.

I have a right to walk through the lower 9th Ward wearing an "I hate Obama" shirt. I'll pass.

Again, can does not mean SHOULD, and you CANNOT make terroristic threats without expecting legal repercussion.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I support his fervor, although its never a good idea to start threatening people especially in this political climate.. Eventually we may all need to start raising our voices.. Probably sooner rather than later..

We are going to need band together as never before or we will lose everything we hold dear.. That its all but guaranteed...

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Please google hyperbole
    I am familiar with the term, but I appeased you, anyway...
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole
    obvious and intentional exaggeration.
    an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as *to wait an eternity.*

Is it obvious exaggeration? No. He has the means and the ability to do as he said.
    Was it a figure of speech? No, his whole video focused on revolution, loading magazines, firing a first shot, and killing people. He did not use the phrase once, in passing, he expounded and elaborated--at length--as to what he meant.

in625shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009

Miloperator, I know this whole thing with a pending ban/restriction is very emotional for most of us in the shooting community. However,In most states your CCW can be revolked for a lot of different reasons. Obviously telling the world on Youtube that your going to start "shooting or killing people" is and should probably be one. Like basic Constitutional Law classes you have 1sr amedment to a point that you can't shot fire in a theater etc. This is no different. mr yeager is allowed a hearing to contest the decision in the future.

Hypothetically with your example if the James Holmes idiot in Auroa CO or the Adam Lanza in CT had siad the same 'I'm going to start shooting people" comment should the authorities not interviened in that as well. We all wish some of the signs for those cases would have been as out in the open as a comment like Yeagers was on Youtube. we all get mad but before you say something that dumb you need to probably step back and take a few deep breaths.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Sometimes, whether you are right or wrong, you just don't need to say something. This was one of those times. I fail to see any positive outcome what-so-ever that has arisen from Mr. Yeager's words.

Thus far:

He has lost his CCW.
    He has gained notoriety.
    People either love him more, or don't like him, but I guarantee he didn't win any NEW people over to his side that weren't already there, and he certainly lost a few.

Never saw the guy until these videos were posted now I am following his. Channel

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Well, here is part III of Yeager's "Pack your bags" series, it involves a lawyer, and a very apologetic Yeager who contradicts everything he said in his first video. Whether he means it or not, you know what would have been easier? Not saying it in the first place.

It looks like Yeager now is saying what I said earlier in this thread. It's just a shame it took him the loss of his CCW permit and making a fool of himself on YouTube to reach that point :(

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Well, here is part III of Yeager's "Pack your bags" series, it involves a lawyer, and a very apologetic Yeager who contradicts everything he said in his first video. Whether he means it or not, you know what would have been easier? Not saying it in the first place.

It looks like Yeager now is saying what I said earlier in this thread. It's just a shame it took him the loss of his CCW permit and making a fool of himself on YouTube to reach that point :(

Can you say; back pedaling...
    That just showed the entire nation (those watching) that no matter when the gov't wants you to back up and bow down you will. As many people that looked up to him because they assumed he would choose to fight and die before he gave in to the gov't is most likely in shock and shaking like a high school nerd that lost his Atari console.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Good point.. When you beg, you deserve whatever scraps they throw you..

We need leaders we can get behind.. Any suggestions?

Sadly, no. My bitchin' is no more than a tempest in a teapot. I believe that we're done. Just look at all the Neville Chamberlain's on this forum.

Top Bottom