James Yeager

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    FWIW: I never said "he's kidding, it's cool." Nor does everyone else here. A lot of blanket statements get made about the members here and that is not right.

I am just saying it is similar in nature what some others did & there is no backlash that we know of. I am not saying what he is facing or making judgements about his contracting days or his old vs his new image and attitude. I figure that is a separate issue. I am just saying I don't see the need to throw him under a bus. He kind of jumped under the bus. So I guess I am left with not driving back & forth over the guy. I am not sure what he was trying to accomplish. He was some what polarizing before.

JWG, I took some of what you said earlier as joking.

I did appreciate every ones comments so far in this thread.
    I don't think he needs to be driven over, either, and was mainly referring to the poster who urged me to Google "hyperbole" with my other. I do, however, wish to create a distance between myself and a man who threatens to "start killing people" in the manner that Yeager did.

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think he needs to be driven over, either, and was mainly referring to the poster who urged me to Google "hyperbole" with my other. I do, however, wish to create a distance between myself and a man who threatens to "start killing people" in the manner that Yeager did.

Then it's just a matter of perception.

At no point did I ever feel that James Yeager was going to go on a random shooting spree and "start killing people" because is was angry.

Therefore it IS hyperbole in my opinion, which as of today I am still entitled to.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Then it's just a matter of perception.

At no point did I ever feel that James Yeager was going to go on a random shooting spree and "start killing people" because is was angry.

Therefore it IS hyperbole in my opinion, which as of today I am still entitled to.
    While I refuse to oppose your right to an opinion, opinions do have consequences. Yeager learned the hard way, I just urge common sense to avoid findings like his.

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    While I refuse to oppose your right to an opinion, opinions do have consequences. Yeager learned the hard way, I just urge common sense to avoid findings like his.

I have already stated that what he filmed and uploaded to the internet was dumb, and I dont necessarily agree with his tactics.

Once again, I just dont find him threatening at all, I think he was exaggerating. How my opinion on this will have consequences I really dont know, that seems threatening.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Opinion do have consequences. If you express them and how you express them is a big part of it. Not so much if you keep them to yourself. In the US we still have the Right to make that choice. You came on here with some that make you an outcast in many of our eyes. You presented them in a manner many found insulting or at least distasteful. So what should we do about you? How much distance do you require? Why could you not fore tell what you were going to say was going to be an insult too this board? Did you just not care? Were you just into trolling? Have you changed recently? Are your opinions real are part of an onscreen personna? Does time heal all wounds?

Yeager may have just been caught up in his own sales pitch & got a little carried away. You know kind of like rap music and japanese film violence and some member on forums.

Last edited:

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I find it amusing that I make a flippant comment that everyone knows is false and people take me at my word, say snide things, etc. and yet Yeager makes a video where he describes killing people, emphasizes that he's serious, and people here say "he's kidding, its cool." I think it proved my point very nicely.

I didn't say "he"s kidding, it's cool". I was saying that he was serious but should be immediately and completely forgiven when he apologizes or lies and says he wasn't serious...like many others have done and received absolution.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I think Yeager is a dumb **s. He has problems and this thread needs to be locked.

66488711.png

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Opinion do have consequences. If you express them and how you express them is a big part of it. Not so much if you keep them to yourself. Yep. In the US we still have the Right to make that choice. You came on here with some that make you an outcast in many of our eyes. We can't all be friends. You presented them in a manner many found insulting or at least distasteful. Yes, but I don't recall EVER saying that I was going to kill anyone, so it's kindof apples/oranges. So what should we do about you? Do you feel threatened by me? I don't see why you should. What do you think you "need to do"? How much distance do you require? From Yeager? I'll never attend his classes, nor will I ever link anyone to his videos/channel again, that seems about it. Why could you not fore tell what you were going to say was going to be an insult too this board? Did you just not care? I flat-out didn't care because my entire experience in this state until recently has been such that I could really care less. Were you just into trolling? Have you changed recently? Actually, yes. I changed my opinions because of a trip to South LA where I attended Viking Tactics 1.5. I met a lot of cool people here who were 100% opposite of those I had known since I moved back here. You will note a change in my opinions and attitudes toward this state since that trip, if you care to look. Previously, I thought LA was just a total ******** filled with idiots. However, I now realize that as a whole, it's really not bad at all, I just live in the worst possible corner of it, and it's colored my perception. Are your opinions real are part of an onscreen personna? My opinions at the time were real, and my opinions now are real. Does time heal all wounds? Depends on the wound-depth, depends on the time-span, depends on the changes that take place DURING that time. If a true, all-out civil war broke out tomorrow, then I think Yeager would be forgiven tomorrow by many, for example.

Yeager may have just been caught up in his own sales pitch & got a little carried away. You know kind of like rap music and japanese film violence and some member on forums.

Yeager is a hot-head. I believe he may well have gotten caught up, but I also feel that when he said it, he meant it.

Anyway, this brings me to a slight tangent. Some of you are not aware of my trip to South LA, and how it impacted my views of this area. I am convinced I am just in the worst area of LA, because the people I met down there in Houma were NOTHING! like the people who live where I do, and I sincerely apologize for lumping all of you on here in with the people of NW, LA. Forgive me? That's up to you, but you have my apology and that's all I can give you via the 'net. For the record, though, I never once said I would harm ya!

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I never once said I would harm ya!
    No, you have not and I was not implying you did. I meant how much distance for your views. I have never met Yeager and have no connection to him other than seeing his videos, so the distance is there already. I am not really expressing my opinion of Yeager, more the situation. There are some on here that were all into him at one time but have not spoken up on this, but I respect that.

I felt you had changed by the difference in your posts. I am glad your dim views brightened up a little.

I am sure everyone has run things over on their mind and decided to edit there first version. Sometimes the edit is split second and sometimes it takes a while.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    No, you have not and I was not implying you did. I meant how much distance for your views. I have never met Yeager and have no connection to him other than seeing his videos, so the distance is there already. I am not really expressing my opinion of Yeager, more the situation. There are some on here that were all into him at one time but have not spoken up on this, but I respect that.

I felt you had changed by the difference in your posts. I am glad your dim views brightened up a little.

I am sure everyone has run things over on their mind and decided to edit there first version. Sometimes the edit is split second and sometimes it takes a while.

My main desire to distance myself from Yeager, if I were close to him in any way (and since I am not, if shown this video by a co-worker, etc. I would say "That guy is a NUT!", etc.) is because of how negatively people who are "on the fence" would react to him.

I want to WIN people to our cause, not alienate them. People who would be okay with Yeager are, I 100% guarantee you, PRO-GUN already. It's the on-the-fencers that I am concerned with. They are the one's that I want to show who we really are---responsible, safe, etc. Not civil-war-starting, people-killing, raging, etc.

Also, yes, my views have brightened of the state in general. Maybe not it's roads, lol, but at least the people, for sure.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    When people ask me about guys like that, I typically distance myself, but I also do not like to lie. It's being intellectually dishonest if you don't at least admit his statements are why we have the Second Amendment. I typically focus on the overstated bravado and lack of necessity for such actions in a time like this, and that his thirst for blood likely stems from the giant chip on his shoulder from the internet believing he is a coward.

This thread was full enough with assholes questioning his performance, many who seem to have no ground to stand on to even BEGIN to question combat events. Those who /have/ btdt, in my experience, often leave the benefit of the doubt to him, or at least don't berate him over it publicly. It seems to me that his largest critics really are people who have never been overseas or on any kind of two way range. I sure haven't. I also think it would be disrespectful and beyond arrogant, with a great deal of audacity to even begin to think I can tell him he ****ed up and is a coward or something.

That said, when people ask me about things like this, I focus on criticizing his attitude, his over aggressiveness, and poor choice of context for his remarks. Most of what he says is flat out true. The man speaks common truths - it's just that we normally don't admit their 'truthiness' outside of training classes, or beers with friends. We think the "combat mindset" is something we leave on the range. We don't bring the mindset of 'the warrior' with us every day, and so when we see strong will, bold statements, and aggressive demeanor, it shocks some of us like it would to people who've never heard these concepts.

If you /are/ someone who has never heard this concept of being defensive, always having a weapon to defend yourself, always 'keeping your head on a swivel' as is now a cliche sarcasm among the arfcom derivatives, then you most certainly would think him a dangerous person. But let's face it. He is a dangerous person. We should all strive to be dangerous people. I pride myself on my growing level of potential to inflict damage to those who would violate me or my family. I survive by keeping that fact shrouded in the guise of a normal business man. But make no mistake, it is no less important to be armed and ready to put two rounds on target in my day to day life than it is when I'm expecting the shot timer to buzz on the range. Why else do you arm yourself and prepare? Why else do you hold your rights to keep and bear them so holy?

In my opinion Yeager's only fault is bravado and context. He made his statements without disclaimer or introduction among a context of people to which this is completely foreign. Other speakers in the gun world have mimicked his sentiments almost identically, but they did it in a 20 minute video rather than a 4 minute video, or they did it in writing with much context and rationality. It's the same chocolate, just a different wrapper. The people who wrapped it gently were lauded and supported. Yeager, who just put the chocolate out there and said "THIS IS GOOD ****!" has been demonized. But you're doing yourself a disservice if you allow that to make you dislike chocolate.

Last edited:

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    When people ask me about guys like that, I typically distance myself, but I also do not like to lie. It's being intellectually dishonest if you don't at least admit his statements are why we have the Second Amendment. I typically focus on the overstated bravado and lack of necessity for such actions in a time like this, and that his thirst for blood likely stems from the giant chip on his shoulder from the internet believing he is a coward.

This thread was full enough with assholes questioning his performance, many who seem to have no ground to stand on to even BEGIN to question combat events. Those who /have/ btdt, in my experience, often leave the benefit of the doubt to him, or at least don't berate him over it publicly. It seems to me that his largest critics really are people who have never been overseas or on any kind of two way range. I sure haven't. I also think it would be disrespectful and beyond arrogant, with a great deal of audacity to even begin to think I can tell him he ****ed up and is a coward or something.

That said, when people ask me about things like this, I focus on criticizing his attitude, his over aggressiveness, and poor choice of context for his remarks. Most of what he says is flat out true. The man speaks common truths - it's just that we normally don't admit their 'truthiness' outside of training classes, or beers with friends. We think the "combat mindset" is something we leave on the range. We don't bring the mindset of 'the warrior' with us every day, and so when we see strong will, bold statements, and aggressive demeanor, it shocks some of us like it would to people who've never heard these concepts.

If you /are/ someone who has never heard this concept of being defensive, always having a weapon to defend yourself, always 'keeping your head on a swivel' as is now a cliche sarcasm among the arfcom derivatives, then you most certainly would think him a dangerous person. But let's face it. He is a dangerous person. We should all strive to be dangerous people. I pride myself on my growing level of potential to inflict damage to those who would violate me or my family. I survive by keeping that fact shrouded in the guise of a normal business man. But make no mistake, it is no less important to be armed and ready to put two rounds on target in my day to day life than it is when I'm expecting the shot timer to buzz on the range. Why else do you arm yourself and prepare? Why else do you hold your rights to keep and bear them so holy?

In my opinion Yeager's only fault is bravado and context. He made his statements without disclaimer or introduction among a context of people to which this is completely foreign. Other speakers in the gun world have mimicked his sentiments almost identically, but they did it in a 20 minute video rather than a 4 minute video, or they did it in writing with much context and rationality. It's the same chocolate, just a different wrapper. The people who wrapped it gently were lauded and supported. Yeager, who just put the chocolate out there and said "THIS IS GOOD ****!" has been demonized. But you're doing yourself a disservice if you allow that to make you dislike chocolate.

Good post man.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    EXCELLENT post!

It was better than excellent. This is exactly why I chose to start this thread knowimg full well it is a can of worms.

perfect timing to counter a "this thread should be closed" argument.

Yeager did go to an in your face style. He is like Dennis Rodman in that he get's way more attention as a bad boy than a good boy.

Last edited:

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Yes, we do have a voice, but threatning to kill people is not going to get positive results.

Warning shots aren't always wise but they do get positive results.

This discussion, resulting from Yeager's video, has positively affected me. If you aren't up to discussing it in a positive manner, don't.

Jotuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Warning shots aren't always wise but they do get positive results.

This discussion, resulting from Yeager's video, has positively affected me. If you aren't up to discussing it in a positive manner, don't.

In what context do you feel warning shots are good? Additionally, if this was a warning shot, what do you think he was warning he would do?

If he wasn't wrong, why is he making a video stating he was wrong? He went from voice of the resistance, to back in line, in 48 hours.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom