Juicing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Ok so this is about the legal, healthy way to juice. Not the way that's frowned upon.

I'm looking for a relatively decent priced, compact, good-value juicer. I'm on a budget and don't want something that's going to break the bank.

If any of y'all have experience with juicers, any advice or suggestions you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks guys!

RSC

JB-Glock21

Old School
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    OMEGA Model 8004 - The Mac Daddy of masticating juice extractors - Pricey? Yes, but you get what you pay for. The benefit vs the high speed Breville type, is no loss of nutrients due to heat & oxidation.

I have seen on occasion, a really good buy on the high speed type (surplus stock) @ 50 - 60% off MSRP from the Dirt-Cheap Store on Florida Blvd.

Good Luck & Happy Juicing.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You could just skip the juicing process and actually eat the food...often that is even better for you anyway :P

JB-Glock21

Old School
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    You could just skip the juicing process and actually eat the food...often that is even better for you anyway :P

FYI, Juicing provides an instant intake/uptake of the nutrients - while eating the food requires a digestion process to extract/absorb the nutrients - that is the whole purpose of juicing!!

With all due respect...if you want to comment, be informed!!

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Ok so this is about the legal, healthy way to juice. Not the way that's frowned upon.

I'm looking for a relatively decent priced, compact, good-value juicer. I'm on a budget and don't want something that's going to break the bank.

If any of y'all have experience with juicers, any advice or suggestions you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks guys!

RSC

In the past two weeks i've been using the Nutribullet. It's a glorified blender but it does blend the veggies and fruits well enough to drink without having to chew. Plus you get the added benefit of eating the fiber rather than throwing away the fiber from a typical juicer. Nutribullets can be had for $99 @ WalMart.

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    I recently picked up a GNC blender it's like a magic bullet but for $20 I couldn't pass it up and it works great on everything from apples to celery and carrots or whatever you decide to blend I tend to add about a half cup of milk with what ever I throw in their turns out great

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I recently picked up a GNC blender it's like a magic bullet but for $20 I couldn't pass it up and it works great on everything from apples to celery and carrots or whatever you decide to blend I tend to add about a half cup of milk with what ever I throw in their turns out great

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Uhm? Celery, carrots, and milk? What?

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I bought a Nutribullet recently and it works awesome. I pulverized anything you put into it. I mix spinach with different fruits and it just works like it says. Can't even taste the spinach even with 50% greens

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    If you're still considering, look into Breville Juicers. Very well made and will run around $150-$400 depending on model, but definitely worth it.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    and here i clicked this thread thinking you were looking to buy some the "good stuff". lol

I ordered somekindathing on amazon the other day, i should get it this week- ill be looking for recipes!

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    and here i clicked this thread thinking you were looking to buy some the "good stuff". lol

I ordered somekindathing on amazon the other day, i should get it this week- ill be looking for recipes!

This is what I did yesterday:
    1 large head of kale
    3 cucumbers, peeled
    4 oranges, peeled
    1 container of strawberries

I think that's all I did. There might be more. Regardless, the above recipe is legit.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    This is what I did yesterday:
    1 large head of kale
    3 cucumbers, peeled
    4 oranges, peeled
    1 container of strawberries

I think that's all I did. There might be more. Regardless, the above recipe is legit.

I forgot to tell you, I tried a lemon with the peel and it was STRONG. Had to quadruple everything else to make it paletable. 1/4 lemon with peel works about the same as a whole lemon without. Ran through the machine without issues. The omega plastic auger runs through anything but strawberries, they clog up the screen pretty quickly.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I forgot to tell you, I tried a lemon with the peel and it was STRONG. Had to quadruple everything else to make it paletable. 1/4 lemon with peel works about the same as a whole lemon without. Ran through the machine without issues. The omega plastic auger runs through anything but strawberries, they clog up the screen pretty quickly.

Didn't I tell you not to do that? And I told you to PEEL it too. Haha. And you wanted to put TWO!

Madwabbit, I have an insane sweet tooth. Like chocoholic to the max. So I try to satisfy that sweet tooth with some of these juices. I've been drinking them as lunch lately since it's usually after I've worked out but before I go to work and it just helps move my day along. Sometimes I'll do something with just kale/spinach/cucumbers/carrots/ginger but it just ends up being blah.

I need to organize my wall of post-its and share some recipes with y'all.

Top Bottom