Juicing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Didn't I tell you not to do that? And I told you to PEEL it too. Haha. And you wanted to put TWO!

Madwabbit, I have an insane sweet tooth. Like chocoholic to the max. So I try to satisfy that sweet tooth with some of these juices. I've been drinking them as lunch lately since it's usually after I've worked out but before I go to work and it just helps move my day along. Sometimes I'll do something with just kale/spinach/cucumbers/carrots/ginger but it just ends up being blah.

I need to organize my wall of post-its and share some recipes with y'all.

please do!! And yes, I could see a fruit+veggie "juice?" "smoothie?" being a great tool for squashing a sweet craving.

Last edited:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Try throwing some sweet potato in that mix RedStickChick. Great taste, very nutritious. One small one works great.

I've actually tried that and I feel like it's juicing a banana. Nothing really comes from it. It rather bake a sweet potato and eat it that way for some hearty carbs than try to juice it. No offense or anything.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Didn't I tell you not to do that? And I told you to PEEL it too. Haha. And you wanted to put TWO!

Madwabbit, I have an insane sweet tooth. Like chocoholic to the max. So I try to satisfy that sweet tooth with some of these juices. I've been drinking them as lunch lately since it's usually after I've worked out but before I go to work and it just helps move my day along. Sometimes I'll do something with just kale/spinach/cucumbers/carrots/ginger but it just ends up being blah.

I need to organize my wall of post-its and share some recipes with y'all.

Now I know, I'll do half a lemon with peel instead of two peeled and not feel like I'm wasting anything. I think I'm going to blend an avocado in with whatever juice I do tonight and make a smoothie. Being with a Puerto Rican is paying dividends, all the Latin groceries have stuff that you never see in other groceries. I'm going to try to figure out if I can juice tamarindos.

Last edited:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Jack,
    I made this one tonight.

1681739e-207c-4fe3-8d20-22cc3365f8fb_zps6d2cef23.jpg

1 small bunch Kale
    1 bunch spinach (2 heads)
    1.5" ginger root
    1.5 cucumbers
    4 small carrots
    3/4 apple
    2.5 cups strawberries

I tried it without the strawberries and it honestly wasn't that bad. I only added the strawberries because otherwise they would've gone bad in a day or so.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I can't do the ginger root. Never liked the taste of it. Veronica loves it, but it isn't for me.

Last night I made

5 large carrots
    1/2 a HUGE cucumber
    1/3 lemon with peel
    3 big handfuls of baby spinach
    1 orange peeled

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    OK, got to ask. The 'juicing' is combining vegetables and fruit to make a tasty drink? Kinda like a homemade V8 Fusion? I wold assume more healthy? Does one of these drinks fill you up for lunch? Asking because I need to loose some weight, and eat very few vegetables. This might be a good thing for me to look into.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    OK, got to ask. The 'juicing' is combining vegetables and fruit to make a tasty drink? Kinda like a homemade V8 Fusion? I wold assume more healthy? Does one of these drinks fill you up for lunch? Asking because I need to loose some weight, and eat very few vegetables. This might be a good thing for me to look into.

Let me see if I can answer these for you.

Some of them are not tasty. Some taste like you're either drinking Mississippi River water, some taste like dirt, and some taste like there could be alcohol hidden in them (by far the best).

I drink them for lunch, usually because I'm just waking up and about to go on shift. It fills me up and wakes me up too. I'll drink a protein shake a few hours afterwards.

While homemade juices can still have a lot of natural sugar (depends on the ingredients) it's far less than a V8 Fusion and doesn't contain preservatives.

While my main goal was not weight loss, I know some people turn to juicing for that reason. I started juicing to get more variety in my diet and out of convenience.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Thanks for the info. I can drink nasty stuff, but can't chew it up and swallow it... Lettuce and tomatoes make me puke. But I need to eat better. Will do some research on this.

Top Bottom