Just an idea for now... Could possibly become reality...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    4842546671_fe6f21a9f0.jpg

Just something I threw together quickly for a friend.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Is that a folder? If not, what is the lanyard loop at the butt of the blade for? If it IS a folder what kind of locking mechanism will it use and again, why the tang at the base of the blade? At first I thought that was for one-handed opening but saw it was on the front instead of the back of the blade and there was no relief in the handle for it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    My friend and I threw the idea around of it being a folder, but we both agreed on a fixed blade.

The lanyard holes near the blade and on the butt were just an add-on I threw in. Similar to some of the Busse Combat knives. The bottom lanyard hole is elongated as a handstop.

In the near future, we hope to have access to a water jet machine and have a few blanks cut out.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I like it I agree with 11Bravo about a choil replacing the top lanyard loop though. I dabbled with knife design a few years ago and be warned because it is metal and has an edge you will be widely lambasted for copying Cult of Personality Custom Knife Guy's design.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have no intentions of making these for sale unless I decided to sell a one off.

I don't care if some knife maker gets all butt hurt because my design is similar to many other knives.

Top Bottom